Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 13

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm now on my fourth PS3 and I don't even use it that much.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Career mode sounds like it has some BRILLIANT additions.

The transfer system with the negotiated bids and player-exchanges could be brilliant (assuming the selling club dont accept every rubbish player who put forward as an exchange).

I also really like the sound of the live updates from other games (you can select which games you want updates from, prior to a game starting). I can imagine it making final-day games really fun.

The gameplay, for me, is brilliant anyway, so I was always going to be looking out for the 'reality' aspects such as these to be improved.

The one ive always wanted (which is so MINOR and GEEKY) is if I score against the opposition with one of their former players, for there to be a bit of commentary relating to it. ie "He's come back to haunt them". I know thats really quite sad. :down:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The transfer system with the negotiated bids and player-exchanges could be brilliant (assuming the selling club dont accept every rubbish player who put forward as an exchange).

I also really like the sound of the live updates from other games (you can select which games you want updates from, prior to a game starting). I can imagine it making final-day games really fun.

The gameplay, for me, is brilliant anyway, so I was always going to be looking out for the 'reality' aspects such as these to be improved.

The one ive always wanted (which is so MINOR and GEEKY) is if I score against the opposition with one of their former players, for there to be a bit of commentary relating to it. ie "He's come back to haunt them". I know thats really quite sad. :down:

PHENOMENAL bit of commentary on my game the other day, it referred to "how good it is to see him playing on his birthday" - it was Vicente, and it was his real life birthday. Blew me away.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

id like them to not use player portraits, or use madden style so that the game isnt ruined with black portraits of youth players after 6 years. was better with the generated 3d images they used 2 years ago

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
PHENOMENAL bit of commentary on my game the other day, it referred to "how good it is to see him playing on his birthday" - it was Vicente, and it was his real life birthday. Blew me away.

Yeah I've noticed that a lot recently. Must have been an update because I don't remember hearing it when it first came out.

One thing I would like to see though, is a slight improvement on the graphics. The players all look like cartoons, wouldn't mind a little more realism. PES started doing really well with the graphics on players and kits and they looked a lot better than the FIFA ones, just a shame PES is shit now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah I've noticed that a lot recently. Must have been an update because I don't remember hearing it when it first came out.

One thing I would like to see though, is a slight improvement on the graphics. The players all look like cartoons, wouldn't mind a little more realism. PES started doing really well with the graphics on players and kits and they looked a lot better than the FIFA ones, just a shame PES is shit now.

All of that. I stuck with PES until 2/3 years ago because it was graphically miles ahead and the physics on FIFA used to be cartoonish and ridiculous.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
All of that. I stuck with PES until 2/3 years ago because it was graphically miles ahead and the physics on FIFA used to be cartoonish and ridiculous.

Exactly, other than players like Ronaldo and Messi, everyone else just looks the same with a varied shitty hairstyle.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Had Ps3 slim since first day and no trouble (touch wood) Pes used to be king ,didnt matter that you were playing withthe fake names as 1, you could always either patch the disc or download an option file and 2, the gameplay was excellent. Next gen consoles they really took the eye off the ball and FIFA changed the game with the 360 dribbling!

Fifa this year is fantastic, few gripes but overall its such a good experience. I normally play offline with friends, online friendlies or career mode.

Career mode got a bir boring after 1 season, too many games and AI too predictable after a while.

Do agree with the graphics though, PES official kits look much better then FIFa ones and even though they have the official licenses, why not all the keeper kits? It seems silly.

September 28th I will be getting married in the US so will be picking up my copy of FIFA Soccer 13 and play it when I return, yeeehaw!!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Had Ps3 slim since first day and no trouble (touch wood) Pes used to be king ,didnt matter that you were playing withthe fake names as 1, you could always either patch the disc or download an option file and 2, the gameplay was excellent. Next gen consoles they really took the eye off the ball and FIFA changed the game with the 360 dribbling!

Fifa this year is fantastic, few gripes but overall its such a good experience. I normally play offline with friends, online friendlies or career mode.

Career mode got a bir boring after 1 season, too many games and AI too predictable after a while.

Do agree with the graphics though, PES official kits look much better then FIFa ones and even though they have the official licenses, why not all the keeper kits? It seems silly.

September 28th I will be getting married in the US so will be picking up my copy of FIFA Soccer 13 and play it when I return, yeeehaw!!

Wont you have to be careful about that, not sure if its the same with Xbox as it was with PS2's but games brought in different regions of the world only worked on consoles within the region?

p.s. Congratulations on the wedding!

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Wont you have to be careful about that, not sure if its the same with Xbox as it was with PS2's but games brought in different regions of the world only worked on consoles within the region?

No mate, Ps3 are region free, all games are. Thats why I play the NCAA college football game instead of Madden! also able to play baseball games and a few others that only come out in the US. Xbox360 games are region locked....most of them anyway. Some are Region Free.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
No mate, Ps3 are region free, all games are. Thats why I play the NCAA college football game instead of Madden! also able to play baseball games and a few others that only come out in the US. Xbox360 games are region locked....most of them anyway. Some are Region Free.

Ah niiiiice. Are the college games better than Madden? I have not bothered getting the latest Madden this year as I always seem to get bored, plus they absolutely destroyed the Superstar mode which use to be so fun.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Haha I had that as well! I googled it as well because I couldn't believe they would include something like that. Good old Vicente.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Ah niiiiice. Are the college games better than Madden? I have not bothered getting the latest Madden this year as I always seem to get bored, plus they absolutely destroyed the Superstar mode which use to be so fun.

Personally I think the college games are better, the NCAA 13 demo is in the PS store, just make an american account under a different username and you can access them, then you can play all the US demos on your UK account. Madden is a lot slower and the presentation sucks. You notice a difference when playing NCAA, especially this year, they partner with ESPN and it just looks and feels like a game you would watch on Saturdays. You dont have player names on the college games but you can download them from the net.

[MENTION=13422]willyfantastic[/MENTION] - why should madden be better? college football is arguably bigger in the US then NFL, there is more traditiona and rivalry etc, I think this is why the NCAA game is better. Of course if you dont have a college team and only watch NFL you are not going to be able to relate to the college games but the gameplay is a lot better.

I guess its just personal preference but I'll be getting NCAA next week after a little trip to L.A.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Personally I think the college games are better, the NCAA 13 demo is in the PS store, just make an american account under a different username and you can access them, then you can play all the US demos on your UK account. Madden is a lot slower and the presentation sucks. You notice a difference when playing NCAA, especially this year, they partner with ESPN and it just looks and feels like a game you would watch on Saturdays. You dont have player names on the college games but you can download them from the net.

[MENTION=13422]willyfantastic[/MENTION] - why should madden be better? college football is arguably bigger in the US then NFL, there is more traditiona and rivalry etc, I think this is why the NCAA game is better. Of course if you dont have a college team and only watch NFL you are not going to be able to relate to the college games but the gameplay is a lot better.

I guess its just personal preference but I'll be getting NCAA next week after a little trip to L.A.

Trust me I MUCH prefer NCAA but they dropped the ball the last 2 games, too many bugs/freezes and didn't change that much to it this year, plus the tuner update means you cant manual intercept atm

Compare that to what they've done to Madden this year:
Proper Collision engine
Connected Careers Mode (their own ingame twitter in career mode talking about trades etc)
Old pros coming out of retirement (e.g. Kurt Warner, Brett Favre)
Better presentation (Pre-game studio talk all rendered)

Trust me, I much prefer the tradition and fanfare of college ball, and I normally choose NCAA over Madden but I will be buying Madden too this year (already got NCAA 13) amd will wait and see which is better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here