father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Players I would keep:

GKs: Tom, Walton

DFs: Bruno, Calderon, Greer, Chicksen, Dunk, Upson, Ward

MFs: Ince, March, Buckley, Orlandi, LuaLua, Stephens, Crofts, JFC

CFs: Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins

That's pretty much my list too. With the possible exception of letting Orlandi walk too.

Would like to see Dallison (good), Deen (technically good, he needs to improve his speed though) & Monakana (another LuaLua in the making) get some first team time.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
That's pretty much my list too. With the possible exception of letting Orlandi walk too.

Would like to see Dallison (good), Deen (technically good, he needs to improve his speed though) & Monakana (another LuaLua in the making) get some first team time.
I didn't include youth players in my list, but I would keep them all.

Orlandi is technically brilliant, but fragile to injuries. I feel we need at least one creative central player though, especially with Lopez and Kemy possibly leaving. I don't think we should bring anther type of that player into the club, as long as we have Orlandi. We need to focus strengthening forwards and defence (especially if Ward leaves). FFP means we may be limited to players coming in, so areas of specific need should be prioritised IMO.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm intrigued about this whole 'best defence in the league' argument, I appreciate that statistically it's accurate but surely the fact we play 6 or 7 defenders per game goes someway to assisting this, whilst having a hugely detrimental affect on our midfield and forwards. Maybe, just maybe if we played a flat back four, ONE defensive midfielder and five midfielder/forwards we'd see a truer reflection of our overly protected defence, sure we might ship a few goals but let's commit some players to try and actually score some goals.
I'd release:
SLopez
Rodriguez
Ankergren
Brezovan
Bruno
Orlandi
Agustien
Kusczcak - I think a decent keeper can be acquired for cheaper than Tom and use the wages elsewhere.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
What is it with some people and Greer? We've had the best defensive record in the division for the last 2 seasons and he's a big part of the reason why.

Get rid of back up keepers as we now have an U19 England international. Get rid of Lopez (on 30k p/w apparently) & Kemy as out of favour.

This has made my day.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Lopez,Rodriguez,Agustien,Ankergren,Brezovan,Orlandi,Andrews try to keep Ward.

On top of that Im sure Kusczak will be off and I have a feeling Lua Lua might want to go as well and I wouldn't be surprised if we get offers in for Buckley & Ulloa so it could be a big,big change this summer.

Lets hope Oscar and our scouting network are up to the job.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Players I would keep:

The thing is if we let Brez and Casper go, if Kuz got injured and Walton took his place, we would have no goal keeper for the bench.

I would offer Brez and Casper a take it or leave it minimal wage of say £1k a week with add ons for starting games. They are both 34 and I don't think they will get a better offer.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Given your relatively hefty losses this season, I'd be surprised if you could afford the drastic clear out that some of you want, especially given that better replacements would be a pretty big financial burden.

I wouldn't say you lot are far away from being a top Championship side, you were pretty unlucky at the start of the season with injuries (as were we to be fair) but I suppose the longer you spend getting out of this division, the harder it'll become.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I didn't include youth players in my list, but I would keep them all.

Orlandi is technically brilliant, but fragile to injuries. I feel we need at least one creative central player though, especially with Lopez and Kemy possibly leaving. I don't think we should bring anther type of that player into the club, as long as we have Orlandi. We need to focus strengthening forwards and defence (especially if Ward leaves). FFP means we may be limited to players coming in, so areas of specific need should be prioritised IMO.

Orlandi is our most creative player and whilst he's been injured for the majority of the season, agree, he should be held onto especially as the other "passers", Lopez and Agustein (what has happened there?? ) look likely to leave.

i think we must sign more creative players. That's been the problem this season, nowhere near enough creativity.

FFP or not, it's going to be a big summer for the club. If we're going to have a realistic chance of going up next season, the club need to bring in players who can do that.

That won't be easy of course but currently, we're way off from being "Premiership" ready on the pitch. That has to change.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
IMO...

GK: Kuszczak depends hugely on what we offer. I'd keep him on reasonable wages but not on top dollar as there are other keepers on a decent wage who could do a job. Either way one of Brezovan/Ankergren will go, the other will stay as number 2, and Walton will be number 3.
FB: Bruno & Calde will both stay. We'll try for Ward but he'll be offered an extra 2/3k a week elsewhere in the Championship and leave.
CB: Upson will get another year. Greer & Dunk will stay, can see Dunk being offered a new deal in the summer as his contract expires June 2015.
CM: Ince, Stephens, Crofts, Caskey will all stay. Andrews is too expensive and doesn't justify a contract with his performances which have been largely forgettable.
AM: Agustien's face does not fit, and like Harley before him, he'll go. Orlandi has to stay - our single most creative player. IMO his absence is key to our lack of goals this season. Lopez can be very frustrating but he isn't a higher earner, covers multiple positions, is rarely injured and is one of the few midfielders we have who does chip in with goals. He seems to be favoured by Garcia too.
W: Buckley might go if we get a big money offer (4m+) but when fit (I realise that's quite a caveat) he's one of our key players. The only way he'll go is if we can reinvest his fee on 2 players. LuaLua will be offered a new deal but he'll leave for first team football on the same/slightly better terms. March will step up in his place.
ST: Hoskins will go unless he gets fully fit and makes a contribution in the next 2 months. He's been given extensions by the club to allow him to have his chance but there comes a time when they'll have to draw a line under it. CMS will be back fit and competing with Ulloa.

In conclusion: Possibly Kuszczak + Brezovan/Ankergren, Ward, Andrews, LuaLua & Hoskins will go. A new GK will come in if TK does leave, plus a LB, an AM, 1 or 2 Wingers & a ST. 5 or 6 in, the same out. No more than half a dozen though, as churley points out, it makes little FFP sense and too high a turnover of players only erodes the bond/understanding in the squad. Even if we finish c10th, I can't see us changing too much - just a few here and there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Given your relatively hefty losses this season, I'd be surprised if you could afford the drastic clear out that some of you want, especially given that better replacements would be a pretty big financial burden.

I wouldn't say you lot are far away from being a top Championship side, you were pretty unlucky at the start of the season with injuries (as were we to be fair) but I suppose the longer you spend getting out of this division, the harder it'll become.
The hefty losses were for the 2012/2013 season , our CEO is confident that the losses for the current season which will be announced in December will fall within the FFP guidelines. Tony Bloom had a 5 year time-frame in mind to reach the Premier League (and stay there) after leaving Withdean for The Amex.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A clear out shouldnt impact too much on FFP as there will be many players available not retained in the summer

I see us benefiting from this , players of a higher calibre will be paid the same level of wages as those who have been booted out the door.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Don't show anymore interest in Andrews.

Caskey, Ankergren, Brezovan, Bruno, Greer can all go.

Anyone else?

Andrews is on loan, and I'd be amazed if this was renewed.
Ankegren and Brez can go.
Greer renewed his contract earlier this season, so I'd be surprised if he goes this summer.
Bruno's contract is up. I'd renew it on reduced wages if poss.
Not sure about JFC's situation, but Oscar likes him, and he's a decent enough squad player with promise.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It all comes down to value. Without knowing who earns what I'd find it very hard to say who I think should go.

The definite departures should be Ankergren, Brezovan, Rodriguez, Lopez and Andrews because regardless of what they earn they just haven't been good enough. Beyond that, it comes down to who is taking a hefty wage that could be better used elsewhere. For instance, Bruno/Kuszczak/Upson/Kazenga/Orlandi are decent, skilful players, albeit not top-rate stars worth breaking the bank for, so if they'll take £6k a week I'd keep them, but if they're on £10k I'd be waving goodbye.

Agree with you on who the departures should be, who should stay and, broadly, what the conditions should be, although Top Kat and Upson are worth more; they're both more-or-less ever-present too, unlike the others on your stay list, so that should be borne in mind.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree with you on who the departures should be, who should stay and, broadly, what the conditions should be, although Top Kat and Upson are worth more; they're both more-or-less ever-present too, unlike the others on your stay list, so that should be borne in mind.

When Upson signed last Summer was it for one year?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Players I would keep:

You've got this spot on in my view, although Orlandi and Hoskins will have to take hefty pay-cuts, or even pay-per-play deals. We then need to add two or three quality players that know how to find the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here