Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of season clear out

Even with parachute payments they managed to lose £8m last year, so I'm sure they're spending a fair amount. And that's just one club, who've managed to go without injuries.

On a turnover of £15.3M (BHA's was £23.4M), of which £8.2M came from TV rights (BHA=£4.8M), and with total staff costs of £15.4M (BHA=£21.1M). They had 157 staff, of which only 14 are part-time (BHA = 811/572 ). Burnley also bought out the owners of Turf Moor and their Gawthorpe training ground/facility in 2012/13; they now seem to be structured much like BHA but I can't see any evidence of rent being paid to an associate company as yet. BHA pays £1Mpa in rent for the Amex (just 25% of this last year as the stadium was only deemed completed from April 2013) and will do something similar for the Lancing training facility when it's complete.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Kuzszak Brezovan Ankergren Bruno Lopez Rodriguez Andrews Agustein

Keep the rest if we can.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Nothing to do with last nights game, but the squad definitely needs (in business language) streamlining. We have too many players who despite being very good don't/can't contribute to the team consistently because of injury.

We need to free some wages up for new players who don't have long injury records and, dare I say it, can put the ball in the back of the net.

Oh, and we need to get one of the young cb's from the ds into the first team squad. Can't remember his name but he has looked quality on the live feeds.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Nothing to do with last nights game, but the squad definitely needs (in business language) streamlining. We have too many players who despite being very good don't/can't contribute to the team consistently because of injury.

We need to free some wages up for new players who don't have long injury records and, dare I say it, can put the ball in the back of the net.

Oh, and we need to get one of the young cb's from the ds into the first team squad. Can't remember his name but he has looked quality on the live feeds.

Dallison

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll be clearing out most of last year's wardrobe which seems to have shrunk somehow. Oh...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brezovan
Agustien ( if someone takes him )
David
Andrews
Rodriguez
Hoskins

to go. Sign the rest up.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Disagree with Ward. I've thought he's done really well, okay he's no Bridge, but he's had a solid season. I don't think we could've got anyone better as a replacement and I'd happily get him for next season.

Ward is better than bridge in that bridge would have been another expensive sick note this season. I hope we keep ward Ayer of the season for me. Judging by his goal celebration against qpr seems to like it hear too!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Bruno? What games have you been watching? Caskey is still young and can improve and Greer would be a good backup.

What would you be willing to do for a bag of Quavers?

On a side note, all is not lost lads and ladies. With Reading and Forest stumbling we're still in with a chance. A game in hand and all that. We need to find some form mind. 27 points still up for grabs :mad:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
To go: Agustein, brezovan, ankergren, both Spanish Daves, Andrews, lingaard, Bruno
Hoskins : 3 month deal
Kuschak: sign him up if possible, if not invest in similar quality keeper
Reserve keepers: promote grant smith and Walton to two and three.

I think jfc has another year

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ankergren
Brezovan
Bruno
Lopez
Rodriguez

All loan players to return to their clubs with the only exception being Ward, I think he'd be a decent addition.

Jones & Burke to also be replaced.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
No mention of Calde I see who is no spring chicken anymore and IMHO Bruno should stay along with Ward.
Brez, Casper, Kemy , both Spanish Dave's and I would still get Bobby Z back on board as well as he seems to have got his form and fitness back at last.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
agree re keepers......last count I made it we have 5 ?
How Casper and Pete have both stayed at the club this long has baffled me. You just know if will never be long before they make a clanger.
I met Grant Smith on a night out a while back - he's very determined to make his mark in football. Nice lad - has been a bit forgotten with there being so many keepers.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hopefully we can sort out a deal for Kuszczak. He isn't as good as many on here would have you believe but it certainly the best goalkeeper we have had in a fair few years and would be hard to replace.

Greer, if he isn't going to be first choice, it might be hard to justify his wages to keep him as a back up. But we have no idea whether he will remain captain etc so difficult to say whether he will stay or go.

Bruno, has been one of our best players of late and the likes of Forster-Caskey et al are young, improving and on relatively low wages.

Other than the loan players returning to parent clubs I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a big turnover of players. Lopez, Rodriguez, Agustien, Ankergren, Brezovan all to leave. Short term deal for Hoskins.

Would also sell Buckley if a club came in offering upwards of £3million for him.

Problem being that with such a high turnover of playing staff there is the risk next season could be seen as another transitional campaign.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How Casper and Pete have both stayed at the club this long has baffled me. You just know if will never be long before they make a clanger.
I met Grant Smith on a night out a while back - he's very determined to make his mark in football. Nice lad - has been a bit forgotten with there being so many keepers.

Exactly, a club needs backup keepers but Brez and Ank are poor keepers, who due to the stage of their careers when they came to us, would be on good money, and we have losses to reduce. Should have got rid of them both as soon as Kuszchak joined us.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Exactly, a club needs backup keepers but Brez and Ank are poor keepers, who due to the stage of their careers when they came to us, would be on good money, and we have losses to reduce. Should have got rid of them both as soon as Kuszchak joined us.

Cheap young back up keepers are the way forward....not TWO possibly expensive older and rubbish ones. Crazy.
If main keeper got injured, you just get someone else in on loan (like Harper) anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it stands I would look at the midfield players we have and if not good or fit enough replace them like Agustein,Lopez Lua Lua and even Orlandi if not fit and let Andrews go back then build the midfield around Stephens with JFC as a squad player not 1ST choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here