Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of season clear out

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We have the best defence in the league. Keep them all if we can.

We score the least number of goals. Get in a real quality central midfield player, and another striker and we're there.

Losing Crofts was a huge blow, as was not replacing Barnes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you drunk? Lopez and Rodriguez aren't on loan and Ward has been quality this season.

It was just a list of names who I think are going at the end of the season , Lingard and Ward are on loan , the first two (Lopez and Rodriguez) are out of contract at the end of June.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ankergren and Brezovan - yes. At least one of them should have gone years ago, to partly assist in cutting the huge £ losses.

Harper and Kuszchak showed us what quality is out there.

Andrews - too similar to the style of centre midfielder we seem to accumulate, so "thank you for your efforts and bye".

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Disagree with Ward. I've thought he's done really well, okay he's no Bridge, but he's had a solid season. I don't think we could've got anyone better as a replacement and I'd happily get him for next season.

Looks like Wolves are going to be promoted to The Championship and I suspect he'll go back to them as they'll still have 2 more seasons with parachute payments.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's the brand of football that needs clearing out. I said at the start of the season I had concerns about another foreign manager but was willing to give Garcia a chance. Sad thing is he seems a really nice bloke but the football is as dire as ever. For this style of football to work the side needs millions spent on it, with quality in every department. We are not going to do that it would appear, so it's the football style that needs to change.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Looks like Wolves are going to be promoted to The Championship and I suspect he'll go back to them as they'll still have 2 more season with parachute payments.

Don't think they want him though. He was one of their boo boys who all the fans got on their backs, rightly so, he didn't give a toss last year for them.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Looks like Wolves are going to be promoted to The Championship and I suspect he'll go back to them as they'll still have 2 more seasons with parachute payments.

You think that Wolves are going to replace a potentially title winning side with all the players they sent out on loan for taking them from the EPL to League 1 in the first place? No way, Ward, Doyle et all are goners in the summer and rightly do

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ward still has a year left on his Wolves contract from the Premier League. I doubt that we'll match those wages so wouldn't blame him if he went back to Wolves to see it out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the brand of football that needs clearing out. I said at the start of the season I had concerns about another foreign manager
I know you don't like to admit it, but the last one did pretty well.
For this style of football to work the side needs millions spent on it, with quality in every department. We are not going to do that it would appear, so it's the football style that needs to change.
That's simply not true. The teams above us have spent a lot of money. They're not their because they play a style that works with cheap players.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
i know you don't like to admit it, but the last one did pretty well.
That's simply not true. The teams above us have spent a lot of money. They're not their because they play a style that works with cheap players.

burnley

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even with parachute payments they managed to lose £8m last year, so I'm sure they're spending a fair amount. And that's just one club, who've managed to go without injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here