Do you still get excited about going to the Amex?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, of course - love the place. And it will be even better when they add all the extra seats.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I love the stadium and once i'm there I still get the same buzz that I did for my first game at the Amex, The bit i'm starting to despise is the train journey there and back and i'm finding it harder to motivate myself for it as the season goes on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It occurred to me yesterday just how much money the place must generate these days.

Aside from the obvious, ie the increase in crowd size from 7,000 to 20,000, people must be spending so much more money. I never bought food or drink at Withdean, now I'll get to the Amex early, usually have a pie and a pint, then after the games it's become a routine to hang around in the concourse bars or in Dick's, having a few more drinks. Plus the club shop is so much better stocked and easier to get to for us out of towers than Queens Road: I've bought plenty of stuff this season that I'd never have picked up before.

I keep meaning to look at to cashback total on my season ticket account to see just how much I've spent, but I'd probably be horrified. I don't mind, as it's going to a good cause IMHO, but it must be hundreds of pounds more in just half a season than I ever spent in ten years or more at Withdean.

Good times.

I put a hundred sovs on my card at the start of the season and when my wife went for the HT supplies during the Burnley game it had dropped to zero. Obviously she is drinking too much coffee but I`m the same I never spent a cent at Withdean.

and most of my beer has been bought from the mobile Harveys pumps.:facepalm: which is cash only.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I put a hundred sovs on my card at the start of the season and when my wife went for the HT supplies during the Burnley game it had dropped to zero. Obviously she is drinking too much coffee but I`m the same I never spent a cent at Withdean.

and most of my beer has been bought from the mobile Harveys pumps.:facepalm: which is cash only.

Same. Mind you my son has used my ticket a couple of times with his mates .....................

And I went to the stadium yesterday to get travel vouchers and Posh tickets. It is an absolute pleasure to drive in there.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Been to every game at the Amex except the Spurs game (because it wasn't a proper game) and each time I fall in love all over again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is fantastic the Amex, completely changes home games altogether as now an event as opposed to shitty Withdean - I am loving it big time every home game

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes...it gives me a massive woody

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most definitely yes. I still can't quite get used to it being our "home" yet. I get the P&R from the racecourse, and still one of my favourite match day experiences is when the bus gets over the hill and you first see the stadium in all it's glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports