Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still get excited about going to the Amex?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I still love seeing the stadium coming into view when crossing the bridge from the station - still get goosebumps.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Absolutely. Did the Upper west last Sat, did the stadium tour yesterday & I can't wait to get in the North stand tommorow. Luckiest fans around at the moment. So many whinging fans in the Premier league e.g Villa fans, Arsenal fans, Chelsea fans just to name a few. Not saying I don't want Premier league football but this is a time & place to cherish

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Yes.

But I dont look forward to getting there. Match day travel used to be an enjoyable part of the match experience for me. Now I just want to get it over and done with. Can't help but feel it has taken a bit of fun out of the experience. Guess its a sacrifice i'm willing to make for the sake of going to our amazing stadium. That said I used to get excited about going to Withdean. There was something i liked about the quirky little place. I think the only thing that would ever stop me getting excited about going to a game, wherever it may be, would be if I fell out of love with the game itself, and that's just not gonna happen.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Absolutely!! Love the place and still can't believe it's ours!! The whole match day experience is amazing, after all we've been through I will never take it for granted.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Just watching the prematch vid on youtube gets me excited

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I love the footage on the giant screens just before kick off, the classic goals & the camers going over the fields then reaching the staduim (makes the hairs on my neck stand up). Makes me proud to be an Albion fan!!

This.

There was me thinking I was the only one - love it! First year of being a season ticket holder and been fantastic. Would move some of the idiots who sit next to me "shouting get it forward" but apart from that I love it. Still the terracing at Peterborough next weekend should be pretty special though!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It occurred to me yesterday just how much money the place must generate these days.

Aside from the obvious, ie the increase in crowd size from 7,000 to 20,000, people must be spending so much more money. I never bought food or drink at Withdean, now I'll get to the Amex early, usually have a pie and a pint, then after the games it's become a routine to hang around in the concourse bars or in Dick's, having a few more drinks. Plus the club shop is so much better stocked and easier to get to for us out of towers than Queens Road: I've bought plenty of stuff this season that I'd never have picked up before.

I keep meaning to look at to cashback total on my season ticket account to see just how much I've spent, but I'd probably be horrified. I don't mind, as it's going to a good cause IMHO, but it must be hundreds of pounds more in just half a season than I ever spent in ten years or more at Withdean.

Good times.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
yep still enjoy it too..... that said i do miss some of my friends from Withdean..... after so many years in the South Stand together.

I love the footage on the giant screens just before kick off, the classic goals & the camers going over the fields then reaching the staduim (makes the hairs on my neck stand up). Makes me proud to be an Albion fan!!

Absolutely!! Love the place and still can't believe it's ours!! The whole match day experience is amazing, after all we've been through I will never take it for granted.

I don't think I will ever stop getting excited about going there.

All of these!

I just love it!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I simply don't know if the wonderful reality of what we now have as a stadium will ever really become 'normality'. 33 years of watching us play in lesser surroundings leaves me, and I am sure, most others simply utterly thankful for what we now have. I am honestly in dreamland and the football and atmosphere has been on the whole brilliant and at times breathtaking. Love every home match!!!

Danny 4

Apr 10, 2008
:amex:Just watching the 'lost generations' returning... the kids sitting in the concourse eating their snack boxes... the home atmosphere after the lack of noise at the
Withdean, the mascots going around the outside of the ground... then the mad 'every man for himself' dash to Falmer station post match! :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here