Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still get excited about going to the Amex?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Love it. Takes away all the worries in the world. Also the only time I'll walk for half an hour (from my car to the ground) without moaning! The video before the game is awesome too.

He Shot He Scored

Jan 25, 2010
It's a fantastic time to be an albion fan. The noise when we score a big goal, like JFC against Saints, is something most albion fans haven't experienced at a home game, or at least not for decades . Truly incredible place, and 18,000 against Wrexham shows that most people want to get a fix as often as possible!

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Totally yes!! I love walking up to the stadium full of anticipation...........I love the buzz that builds pre match on the concourse (East) meeting old and new friends. My 8 year old son and my 70 year old dad both get equally excited............the day the Goldstone died i thought that the love I had for that old place would never return............Gillingham was hell and the Withdean was special in its own way but was no real substitute for the Goldstone............but the Amex is the real thing..........The Goldstone will always be in my heart but we all now have a new and unbelievably wonderful home.......I can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!

Totally yes!! I love walking up to the stadium full of anticipation...........I love the buzz that builds pre match on the concourse (East) meeting old and new friends. My 8 year old son and my 70 year old dad both get equally excited............the day the Goldstone died i thought that the love I had for that old place would never return............Gillingham was hell and the Withdean was special in its own way but was no real substitute for the Goldstone............but the Amex is the real thing..........The Goldstone will always be in my heart but we all now have a new and unbelievably wonderful home.......I can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!

Very much this. I love the Amex & the whole experience. The football is not great but I don't care. So long as the Albion stay out of the bottom 3 from the moment I step off at Falmer station to when I leave I have the broadest grin on my face.

Players come & go, so do managers.
Tony Bloom you are a legend.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yes, Yes and Yes. Can't wait for home games, spending time with my boys. At 14 and 16 don't get that much time with them as they are either out with mates or playing Xbox/PS3. Awesome place and its going to get even better with the ESU, and corners filled in. WOOHOO.:clap::D

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's better than I dared hope it would be. Love the place and hope it will feel just as good when it's bigger and perhaps not always as full, percentage wise.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The arty video that whooshes us over the poppy field and lands us on the stadium always gets me going, I will never tire of it. Lost in the depths of Youtube, I thought I had bookmarked it.

Amazing place. I can't even begin to imagine what it is going to be like when it is fully expanded and chock-a-block.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I always love match days no matter where it is, even at the withdean I just love to watch Brighton play. :D

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Yes I do. Its great. And you never know who you might bump into.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Yes I do. Its great. And you never know who you might bump into.

However, the only time I ever get that excitement that you used to get as a child, is the morning of an away game! Different gravy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here