Do you still get excited about going to the Amex?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I love the footage on the giant screens just before kick off, the classic goals & the camers going over the fields then reaching the staduim (makes the hairs on my neck stand up). Makes me proud to be an Albion fan!!
yes, yes, yes :clap2: had a road accident last year and the first time in 6 months I walked more than 50 yards was over the hill to the poppy fields to look at the amex from there. Coulda cried then and still fill up every time they play the video :cry: So, f*** yeah :albion2:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Bugger my old boots. Ain't we lucky. Just reading all these threads, brings it home to me, that I'm not the only one who comes over all peculiar when I walk up from the station to the Amex. Been supporting these boys in blue and white stripes for 61 years and now i can pop off... fulfilled and totally happy. Mr B.... I luv you

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Been to a few games this season, next game I'm going to is the Millwall one (just bought ticket). Am I excited? Of course! :D

East stand too so will have done WSL, WSU, NS and E stand. Only South stand to go - may have to wait for next season when us home fans get seats there :D

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
:Dtotaly yes, still love the ride over the hill as the stadium comes into view and its as good when its dark:love:

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
I get excited and look forward too every game, i'm even really looking forward too Wrexham on Tues..

But still something special about the Amex, and definately get more of a buzz on the way too the Amex, even the journey down from Essex every other week doesn't seem as long as the trip to the Withdean, although still miss that place a bit...

It still doesn't feel like our home yet, but love it!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
I like it even more now that my daughter and I have got a pre-match routine going. We get there about 1.30pm, buy a pie and a tea or soft drink, then sit in our comfy seats watching people arriving, players warming-up, and whatever's on the big screens. We're happy as anything, chatting about everything and nothing. In a world when you dont get to sit down with your kids very often, it's a real privilege.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
yep, thinking about it all week when heading to a match at the weekend, and getting the train from b'ton to falmer, and the walk over the bridge........aaahhhh, happy days indeed xx

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yes, oh yes.

Suddenly the M1, M25 and M23 don't seem so bad!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
yes. sitting in the north stand tomorrow.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
Been to a few games this season, next game I'm going to is the Millwall one (just bought ticket). Am I excited? Of course! :D

East stand too so will have done WSL, WSU, NS and E stand. Only South stand to go - may have to wait for next season when us home fans get seats there :D

i done them all wsu was the best view for me but south was good fun next to the burnley fans

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The Goldstone was my home, you could never replace it....until now! I'd not swap back, I love this place and it certainly does feel like home.

I still well up before every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports