• On the fence

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
mate they are all at it. .

You have just contradicted yourself, as you quite sensibly stated in your last post that many black people in inner city London are working to stop youths getting sucked into this culture.

Whilst we need to look at the demographics and the causes, we cannot blanket blame a portion of society entirely, and accept that injustices may occur as a result.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of the rights and wrongs, the death penalty is no deterrent to the type of people who commit the most heinous of crimes, because it doesn't actually occur to these individuals that they might get caught.

Do you think the bottom-feeders who've been sentenced today considered the potential stretch ahead of them as they stuck their knife repeatedly into their victim? I doubt it very much- they just thought they'd get away with it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You have just contradicted yourself, as you quite sensibly stated in your last post that many black people in inner city London are working to stop youths getting sucked into this culture.

Whilst we need to look at the demographics and the causes, we cannot blanket blame a portion of society entirely, and accept that injustices may occur as a result.

I knew I would get pulled on that, fair cop. Throwaway line. But in my experience there are very few white kids doing this in inner London as there are very few white kids left in many areas. They are all in Sidcup/Eltham/delete White Flight location as appropriate* now. Those that are left face a very testing time of bullying because of their ethnic background. Its horrible, and very very racially motivated, what a lot of kids face. But you dont see Doreen or Mr Pack Off My Kid To The Other Side of The World To Live in Peckham Taylor saying much about it.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
And prison is full of people who didnt get away with it. Whether it occurs to them or not, one or two executions would soon wake some of them up to the fact that they might get caught and they might lose their own life. Its not going to deter everybody but it would deter some and for me, the very fact that we can save SOME innocent lives is the reason why its worth bringing back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it risky / unacceptable / downright racist to say that it seems the majority of inner-city crime seems to be committed by negroes ? Is that the elephant in the room ? Not that it matters I suppose - a murder is a murder, regardless of the skin colour of the perpetrator. Its dangerous ground though. I'm not even comfortable saying it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking it when I watch the news and see the mugshots.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Absolutely, a murder is a murder regardless of the reasons. Inner city violence is just one worrying part of the whole situation. IMO we need to do something soon because areas such as inner London will become no-go areas that even the police will fear to patrol. The current 'get tough' policies are totally inadequate and seem to pay lip service to a culture almost out of control.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
Is it risky / unacceptable / downright racist to say that it seems the majority of inner-city crime seems to be committed by negroes ? Is that the elephant in the room ? Not that it matters I suppose - a murder is a murder, regardless of the skin colour of the perpetrator. Its dangerous ground though. I'm not even comfortable saying it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking it when I watch the news and see the mugshots.

i have to agree easy , now i wonder if anyone has ever done a survey on serious crime , ie the percentage of ethnics that commit the crimes and the percentage of the population that are ethnic . i bet it would make scary reading .

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i have to agree easy , now i wonder if anyone has ever done a survey on serious crime , ie the percentage of ethnics that commit the crimes and the percentage of the population that are ethnic . i bet it would make scary reading .

Jamaican culture - awash with guns

Nigerian culture - criminality accepted s a means to get on

Middle class white British culture - do some school assemblies on Mary Seacole and Asher D and we will be sorted

its quite simple.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
Jamaican culture - awash with guns

Nigerian culture - criminality accepted s a means to get on

Middle class white British culture - do some school assemblies on Mary Seacole and Asher D and we will be sorted

its quite simple.

i am sure enoch powell is turning in his grave , he was right of course

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Should be like the americans where they rot in jail..where life in prison does mean life

trouble is our prisons are like holiday camps. Ive known people over the years who have been in and out of prison and who have actually looked forward to going back inside. For a lot of people, prison in this country is no deterant at all. When there is no doubt at all about a conviction for crimes such as this one im all for hanging the bastards and saving on the huge amounts of money it costs to keep a prisoner in one of our holiday camp prisons.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Torture the (unts.

If you kill them, that's it. Over. Make them suffer.

So, No I wouldn't vote it in.

Seagull Stew

Personally, I'm not of the opinion that people that commit these hineous crimes don't deserve to die, but that no person or group of people (including an entire nation) have the right to authorise death in cold blood, which is what an execution is. In my opinion, the only time death to another human being is acceptable is in the self-defence of an individual or nation.

For me, any country that uses the death penalty in this day and age is not a civilised nation.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was enough to get the Guildford 4 done.

That for me is enough of a reason to stay away from something so final as the death penalty.

I knew a police officer who was on the investigation into the Guildford bombings and to his dying day he was convinced that they had the right 4 people. He did tell me that they would win an appeal because the Chief Constable of Surrey who later went on to be the head of the Met exagerated his evidence at court to ensure a conviction. This sgt told me had he told the truth as it was the conviction would have been succesful and stood up at the appeal.

Seagull Stew

I knew a police officer who was on the investigation into the Guildford bombings and to his dying day he was convinced that they had the right 4 people. He did tell me that they would win an appeal because the Chief Constable of Surrey who later went on to be the head of the Met exagerated his evidence at court to ensure a conviction. This sgt told me had he told the truth as it was the conviction would have been succesful and stood up at the appeal.

They must have been guilty then because a police officer thought so!

Why don't we just save alot of time and money, and do away with courts and judges by just letting the police decide someone's guilt or innocence? :lol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I don't even know where to start with this.

1. Apparently its ok to lie in court if "you know" you're right.

2. Due process means nothing compared to someone down the pub's opinion.

3. They caught the actual culprits later, and both Irish the community and the police are well aware of this. I will look it up tommorow, but was it the Baker Street Gang? (or something, they ended up involved in an armed standoff with police)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was my whole point this sgt said, and I knew him very well not just pub talk, that the Chief Constable completely f...ed up the case by exagerating and lying when there was no need to, the case against the four was solid but he wanted to make certain.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Its far from being a 'no brainer'.
Any jury should, and would want to be, 100% sure before passing judgement.
Yes a few people have been wrongly executed in the distant past, Timothy Evans for instance, due to some very shoddy police work. Its far, far easier, nowadays, to pin the right conviction on the right person.

'Yes a few people have been wrongly executed in the distant past'.

That's alright then - it was as long ago as, oooh, the fifties. Hardly the Middle Ages was it? And think about those, such as the Birmingham Six or the Guildford Four, who could well have been wrongly executed had we not abolished it. It's only that long ago because we stopped doing it.

'It's far, far easier, nowadays, to pin the right conviction on the right person.'

I never said it wasn't old bean. But it's still possible to pin an unjust conviction, or at least a less than watertight one, on the wrong person. Colin Stagg, for example?

It's a no-brainer for me Mr Sideburns, sir.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here