Votes: 65 56.5%
  • Only in certain circumstances

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • On the fence

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
We could always stick them in the army and ship em out to Afganistan as Canon fodder. hmmmmmm..... Two birds with one stone anyone?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This killing happened just a few hundred meters from where i live, and there are constant gang fights between the local kids (i mean kids 9-15) who are the majority white kids fighting off envading black / muslim / and asian gangs from other areas such as hackney and archway and sommers town. They walk with a swagger,insult women and old people,young people,builders you name it ! they have no respect,and think there big time charlie "gangstas".The worst thing is they have NO FEAR OF ANYTHING !! least of all the law.........DEATH PENALTY IT IS WHEN ITS THIS CUT AND DRY..........COWARDS CANT FIGHT FAIR..............C*NTS

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Forensics could be used the wrong way by a police force under pressure to secure a conviction as well, they're not the panacea that guarantees 100% certainty that people may think they are.

If the state kills one innocent person, it's too high a price to pay, and history is littered with people who've been falsely convicted of crimes for which they would have been executed had the death penalty not been abolished here. Not to mention the fact that there is no evidence from the US experience to suggest that it's any form of deterrent whatsoever. It's a no-brainer.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
This killing happened just a few hundred meters from where i live, and there are constant gang fights between the local kids (i mean kids 9-15) who are the majority white kids fighting off envading black / muslim / and asian gangs from other areas such as hackney and archway and sommers town. They walk with a swagger,insult women and old people,young people,builders you name it ! they have no respect,and think there big time charlie "gangstas".The worst thing is they have NO FEAR OF ANYTHING !! least of all the law.........DEATH PENALTY IT IS WHEN ITS THIS CUT AND DRY..........COWARDS CANT FIGHT FAIR..............C*NTS

Fair comment from someone on the frontline. Most of us only ever experience this kind of thing from an armchair but I fear that it will be much worse in a decades time when these people have bred a whole new generation.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
i dont think so , where do you draw this inference ?
Crime is higher in poorer areas regardless of the death penalty
Crime is lower in more affluent areas regardless of the lack of death penalty

:shrug:

While I am a supporter of the Death Penalty, having done a comparitive essay between the US and UK (why they have it, why we don't) for my A2 Government Coursework, I have found it is unlikely to be brought back any time soon in this country because:

1. Under the 6th and 13th protocols of the European Convention of Human Rights which we incorporated into our Human Rights act in 1998 the Death Penalty is banned in all cases (6th banned all but for in times of war, with the 13th banning in all instances), and therefore we would have to leave the European Union, which is unlikely to occur any time soon.

2. Most politicians in the main parties would be unwilling to make any changes to the death penalty.

While I disagree with the BNP because of it's racist tendancies, they make a good point in that the death penalty could be brought back for “paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute, as by DNA evidence or being caught red-handed.”

However as above, unlikely to happen.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Forensics could be used the wrong way by a police force under pressure to secure a conviction as well, they're not the panacea that guarantees 100% certainty that people may think they are.

If the state kills one innocent person, it's too high a price to pay, and history is littered with people who've been falsely convicted of crimes for which they would have been executed had the death penalty not been abolished here. Not to mention the fact that there is no evidence from the US experience to suggest that it's any form of deterrent whatsoever. It's a no-brainer.
Its far from being a 'no brainer'.
Any jury should, and would want to be, 100% sure before passing judgement.
Yes a few people have been wrongly executed in the distant past, Timothy Evans for instance, due to some very shoddy police work. Its far, far easier, nowadays, to pin the right conviction on the right person.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
While I am a supporter of the Death Penalty, having done a comparitive essay between the US and UK (why they have it, why we don't) for my A2 Government Coursework, I have found it is unlikely to be brought back any time soon in this country because:

1. Under the 6th and 13th protocols of the European Convention of Human Rights which we incorporated into our Human Rights act in 1998 the Death Penalty is banned in all cases (6th banned all but for in times of war, with the 13th banning in all instances), and therefore we would have to leave the European Union, which is unlikely to occur any time soon.

2. Most politicians in the main parties would be unwilling to make any changes to the death penalty.

While I disagree with the BNP because of it's racist tendancies, they make a good point in that the death penalty could be brought back for “paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute, as by DNA evidence or being caught red-handed.”

However as above, unlikely to happen.

The Human Rights act is obviously flawed in many areas IMHO.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
as it happens mate, i support it in theory but not in practice, the police make far too many cock ups for an irreversible punishment like this to be brought back, but dont let that stop you parading your right on credentials by slapping down one of NSC's resident knuckle dragging nazi's eh ?

I tend to stay away from a lot of the political threads, so I have absolutely no idea what your reputation on here is.

I just don't see your point that its not a relevant comparison because its America not here, as you were suggesting that we wouldn't have a lengthy appeals process - which would be slightly concerning.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've ummed and aghed about the death penalty and come down just on the side of no. However, scum like these need to be cleaned off the street. There should be zero tolerance for knife crime, minimum 10 years and the three convicted should serve life, of which 25 years should be in solitary eleocution lessons. Gangsta music should be banned and if we do have to put up with scum in society at least we should be able to understand what the bastards are saying!!!!!!

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
christ we have all turned into a country of weak willed fuckers , jesus christ these bastards have gone out , armed up , with the intention of murdering some innocent , they new they would get life if caught so no detterent there then is there , also the death pen would be no deterrent , so whatever happens there is no detterent . there must only be one answer hang them high end of . i could not do it but plenty could .
human rights what a load of drivel !!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Whats scary is that, as quite a few people on here have mentioned, this seems to be an issue with certain ethnic groups more than others. How long before a case comes before us where a kid is wrongly convicted of a knife crime when it turns out it was basically circumstancial evidence based on the fact that he was black? It was enough to get the Guildford 4/Birmingham 6 done.

That for me is enough of a reason to stay away from something so final as the death penalty.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Life in Jail, With the families being charged part of the living costs, plus manual labour to go towards paying for the cost of keeping scum like that in. I can't justify killing another human in any case. I really think a change is needed though. And age limits for being able to be sent to full blown prison should be lowered.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Should be like the americans where they rot in jail..where life in prison does mean life

American culture plays a massive part in our current problem. Dismiss what people see as a right wing white Daily Mail 'rap music twists their minds' view at your peril. Plenty of black people in inner London agree with that view and fight tooth and nail not to let kids get sucked into it. Add a gun culture from Jamaica that has been around from the year dot, a deliberate rejection of the majority culture, and West African criminal culture, and you have a dangerous mix that is the one of the main causes of these 'statistics'.

It is a massive question what caused our current problems, and there are many factors that not many on here are qualified to discuss with authority. But there is a problem that cannot just be blamed on poverty or lack of opportunities. Some bore will tell me the jocks are always stabbing each other or these things happen everywhere without a racial element but in London its different in my opinion. Dont mention the New Cross lads as thats a different kettle of fish altogether. If you cannot see that then you dont know much.

Ben Kinsellas death was not a racist murder, but as close to as it can f***ing get. White boys do not front black boys out in London, or even come anywhere near that, that's the rule.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Death isn't a penalty though. It's over too quickly.

Let em rot in jail. Let em feel the fear every day that they might be done over in prison by some grudge carrying prisoner. Much more effective than having their neck snapped.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Whats scary is that, as quite a few people on here have mentioned, this seems to be an issue with certain ethnic groups more than others. How long before a case comes before us where a kid is wrongly convicted of a knife crime when it turns out it was basically circumstancial evidence based on the fact that he was black? It was enough to get the Guildford 4/Birmingham 6 done.

That for me is enough of a reason to stay away from something so final as the death penalty.

mate they are all at it. I am sure some will get wrongly convicted but I dont think you understand what the demographics of parts of inner London are. Remember when it was accepted that small communities of new arrivals were bullied by working class whites? That is completely on its head now.

I lose count of how many times a week I get racially abused, but I have never said a word to anyone else unless they have started it. Perhaps its the way I walk or my attitude or something. I put it down to my skin colour though, thats what's always referred to by the aggressors who make up the majority in my local area. I wish now I had not been a slave owner in a previous life. It must be karma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here