• Only in certain circumstances

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • On the fence

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Here we go... just have a glance at the American system for heaps of evidence it doesnt work.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This is a statement about the USA not Britain when we still used the death penalty.

FACT.

Because in your vision for bringing it back over here we'd just put a bullet in their head the second the verdict says "guilty"?

:wozza:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know the arguement is that it hasnt worked in the US

Hasn't it? It has at the very least removed some lowlife scum from the genepool. That's progress in my mind.

Death sentence? Yep, I'd bring it back immediately, and would probably use it retrospectively in some people cases. I'd happily be the executioner for the fella from the Baby P case.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The death penalty is no detterant, this has been proved time and time again. What should happen is that the guilty person should be declared legally dead and then not be allowed to have any contact with the outside world for the rest of their lives.

You have to say that the people who carry out these pointless murders are too thick to understand the finality of death.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The death penalty is no detterant, this has been proved time and time again. What should happen is that the guilty person should be declared legally dead and then not be allowed to have any contact with the outside world for the rest of their lives.
Because no murderer has ever reformed?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Here we go... just have a glance at the American system for heaps of evidence it doesnt work.
people always quote americas high murder rate for "evidence" its no deterrent, i would like to know how you measure people that WERE deterred by the death penalty, not just see people WERENT, i have seen the argument used about states with no death penalty having lower murder rates than states with the death penalty, but there is a convincing counter argument that these states have a much lower poverty and social problems rate to account for this.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Because in your vision for bringing it back over here we'd just put a bullet in their head the second the verdict says "guilty"?

:wozza:
as it happens mate, i support it in theory but not in practice, the police make far too many cock ups for an irreversible punishment like this to be brought back, but dont let that stop you parading your right on credentials by slapping down one of NSC's resident knuckle dragging nazi's eh ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't think anyone could deny that this country is too soft. The yanks got it right with three strikes and you're out, even for minor crimes. Over here there's no deterrent to being a criminal - even court fines/costs don't get paid because the convicted can opt to spend the night in the courthouse cells in lieu of these if they've no means to pay so the system ends up paying THEM in effect with accommodation and food and for many this is a welcome night off the streets rather than a penalty.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
What statistic says it is no deterent?
Are there statistics on those that the death penalty deterred then or just statistics on those who are in prison claiming it wasnt a deterent to them?

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
people always quote americas high murder rate for "evidence" its no deterrent, i would like to know how you measure people that WERE deterred by the death penalty, not just see people WERENT, i have seen the argument used about states with no death penalty having lower murder rates than states with the death penalty, but there is a convincing counter argument that these states have a much lower poverty and social problems rate to account for this.
What Im saying basically!!:bigwave:

Dandyman

In London village.
Don't support the death penalty but hope these murdering scumbags serve a very long time.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i think you would probably end up with less convictions if there was a death penalty due to jurers not wanting to find someone guity because the evidence may be wrong. life though should mean life.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Doesn't that prove that the death penalty makes no difference?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we could could send them to the salt mines of siberia with hard labour for life then no need. But as we cant then yes death penalty it is.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
why do they call it life when it is clearly not............??

think with DNA and forensics i am tending to say yes, but i also think just stick em' inside until they die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here