Votes: 65 56.5%
  • Only in certain circumstances

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • On the fence

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Just been reading an artical on the three scumbags who stabbed to death the young Kinsella lad, apparently just for being the slowest to run away from them.
To be honest Im bloody incensed at the way we seem to be handling people like this, dishing out sentences that seem to get cut in half and then sent out with little supervision, only to re-offend.
These kids have no respect for anyone and, as far as I can see seem to revel in the 'glory' of killing. Surely the only way we are going to contain this kind of criime is to bring back the death penalty?
My way of thinking is that it should be a deterent to these cowards and may make them think twice about using a knife or gun in anger.
I know the arguement is that it hasnt worked in the US but what alternative do we really have? Im aware that innocent people have been executed in the past but forensics are far more advanced now.
Your thoughts......

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I refuse to bite.

For my views, see the last few hundred threads on the subject.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Whatever your views, for cold blooded killers to serve 19 years means they will be back on the street before their 40th birthday - how can that possibly be right

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Im just sick and tired of hearing the 'human rights' arguement. I believe if you take a life you forfeit your own human rights!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I don't agree with the death penalty, but I think a life sentence should mean life in prison. In all circumstances.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah death penalty , get rid of the evil scum. Massive deterant as well. Only if case is 100% without any doubt

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't agree with the death penalty, but I think a life sentence should mean life in prison. In all circumstances.

I agree with Gazwag that something needs to be done. In my humble opinion a life sentence should mean life, not life (a minimum of 19 years).

Spot on... both of you!

I honestly believe that the death penalty is not a penalty at all. A few seconds of discomfort and they will be, erm, dead. On top of that, I morally cannot bring myself to agree with the 'a life for a life' arguement.

Life in prison should (in my opinion) be the sentence. They will have the rest of their life to think about what they have done and regret the fact that they have spent their days behind bars.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yes. Bring it back. Can see why people would say 'life in prison' should mean 'life', but, people CAN still live even a slightly happy life in prison. Some people don't deserve even that chance.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
People that do life are on a life tariff. That means that even after they have been released they only have to do so much as fart in the wrong direction and they can get sent back down. These guys will serve 19 years, but they will be watched their entire life (and rightly so)

I suppose the decision that society has to make is when you give up on people. In America they hand out hugely long sentences, but that essentially means that they are condenmed to a life either in jail or dependent on the state (either for support or to make sure they aren't offending).

If you can try to nip things in the bud then an offender might present less of a danger to society, and therefore less of a burden.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
No from me.

Taking revenge on some proven killers does not mean that the inevitable miscarriages of justice are acceptable errors.

lock em up (and make their families pay towards the costs)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
İbrahim Tatlıses;2991782 said:
_45903112_montage_kinsella226.jpg

It's a shame a minority of black youths are letting down the black community in Britain. It's reasons like this that Britain's going racist. I'm not saying knife crime is exclusively a black thing, but they certainly seem to hit the headlines for the wrong reasons a lot more than white kids do.

They clearly aspire to be gangsters from the 'hood, with attitudes that murdering and carrying a blade something to be proud of.

Here's a transcript from the interrogation room, unaware that they're being recorded - showing no remorse, their only concern is who grassed them up and conspiring how to get away with their crime.

I don't think the death penalty is a sufficient punishment. Prison would suffice if it were something to be afraid of rather than the stroll in the park that it is.

They deserve stringing up for speaking in that fake wannabe gangster accent

twats

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
İbrahim Tatlıses;2991782 said:
_45903112_montage_kinsella226.jpg

It's a shame a minority of black youths are letting down the black community in Britain. It's reasons like this that Britain's going racist. I'm not saying knife crime is exclusively a black thing, but they certainly seem to hit the headlines for the wrong reasons a lot more than white kids do.

They clearly aspire to be gangsters from the 'hood, with attitudes that murdering and carrying a blade something to be proud of.

Here's a transcript from the interrogation room, unaware that they're being recorded - showing no remorse, their only concern is who grassed them up and conspiring how to get away with their crime.

I don't think the death penalty is a sufficient punishment. Prison would suffice if it were something to be afraid of rather than the stroll in the park that it is.

Prison is a stroll in the park is it? Source?

I happen to know several people who work in prisons who certainly don't see it that way.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Quite shocking CCTV of the lad walking off down the street having been stabbed eleven times, including through the heart!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I don't know about you, but I don't know what the f*** they're gabbling on about. The police will need a "street interpreter" to decode the shite those mongs are spouting.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It actually costs MORE to have people on death row and go through legal appeal after legal appeal than it does to just lock people up for ever.

FACT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And how thick, I mean how MONUMENTALLY THICK do you have to be to sit there, in a POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM, and openly discuss how you're going to lie your way out of it ?

In fact, bollocks to it. They need removing from the gene pool before they pollute it any further. Dougals right - string them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports