Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was just listening to radio 5 and they interviewed some lady cyclist and she said that she still does not think others were doping, is she in denial this whiter than white sport looks like it was the worst in the end. Cycling is not that holier than thou sport that all its supporters even now seem to say it is. Also during the interview when she said it was clean she then went on to say that one of the women cyclists was positive just before the olympics......

The "sport" is a joke and the only people not doping are the fat men in lycra I see on the streets

Ha ha ha ha.

You're funny.

Tell us another one. Pleeeeeease.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Don't burst the moron's bubble. He reckons he's gonna fish us in (same as we have every now and again) but I think we've proved time and again that we don't bite for a binfest in here.

Not unless the Tour of Oman goes pear-shaped for a couple of 2nd string Eastern Europeans...!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My strava report for Jan 17 tells me about Matt's activities on 18 January. Also, despite recording quicker times on my runs, my average kph has gone down. Technology eh?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My strava report for Jan 17 tells me about Matt's activities on 18 January. Also, despite recording quicker times on my runs, my average kph has gone down. Technology eh?

My cycling is a bit like Minority Report, what will happen on the 18th will be reported on the 17th.

Strava has some strange glitches - part of my commute goes up the slight incline of Langdale Gardens in Hove. Strava tells me that this has an average gradient of 22%!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was just listening to radio 5 and they interviewed some lady cyclist and she said that she still does not think others were doping, is she in denial this whiter than white sport looks like it was the worst in the end. Cycling is not that holier than thou sport that all its supporters even now seem to say it is. Also during the interview when she said it was clean she then went on to say that one of the women cyclists was positive just before the olympics......

The "sport" is a joke and the only people not doping are the fat men in lycra I see on the streets

Wakey wakey Tom. Cycling is dealing with its problems. It's at the vanguard of attacking the cancer of doping in sport.

I don't know who this 'lady cyclist' that you refer to is, but the one that you should be listening to is Nicole Cooke.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Wakey wakey Tom. Cycling is dealing with its problems. It's at the vanguard of attacking the cancer of doping in sport.

I don't know who this 'lady cyclist' that you refer to is, but the one that you should be listening to is Nicole Cooke.

I think he means armitstead who said women's cycling was clean now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
League is looking nice and healthy I see with 16 players signed up so far :)

Think after much tinkering for the past week or so I've finally got my starting 9, barring any late withdrawals, and all being well my transfers decided ready for stage 2.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
League is looking nice and healthy I see with 16 players signed up so far :)

Think after much tinkering for the past week or so I've finally got my starting 9, barring any late withdrawals, and all being well my transfers decided ready for stage 2.

It's looking competitive this year. I'm finding it much more difficult with free reign rather than 4 leaders/5 doms.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's looking competitive this year. I'm finding it much more difficult with free reign rather than 4 leaders/5 doms.

I'm loving the free reign - best rule change they made in my book. Still tricky knowing who to settle on though. Always a bit of a lottery. I'll just be pleased if I don't end up last for stage 1 like I did last year.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
I'm loving the free reign - best rule change they made in my book. Still tricky knowing who to settle on though. Always a bit of a lottery. I'll just be pleased if I don't end up last for stage 1 like I did last year.

I'm enjoying the freedom of selection although I only have 2 Aussies in my team at the moment. I'm hoping a few of the 3rd rate sprinters are up for getting a few WT points in the bag early.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I'm now fully done, unless any withdraw last minute.
Deadline in 3d 10h 42m, what time (GMT) does stage 1 actually start?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm now fully done, unless any withdraw last minute.
Deadline in 3d 10h 42m, what time (GMT) does stage 1 actually start?

Stages start at 11am Adelaide time, which means half past midnight our time as they're 10 and a half hours ahead of us.

So 12.30am Monday is TDU start time for us, but the fantasy transfer deadline will be earlier than that.

Be warned, last season they cocked up a few of the transfer deadline times on the game. I certainly missed a couple of them because of it and I wasn't the only one. I'm guessing getting your team checked for last minute withdrawals and finalised by 8pm Monday evening will see you alright.

Woody can battle the sunstroke and work out his own times - he made his bed, he can lay in it :p

Edit: Stage 5 starts at 11.10am their time, and stage 6 at 1.15pm their time.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just realised I only have 2 star riders.

Still 2nd though.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Sky are showing 2 hours live of each stage in the early hours, anybody be staying up to watch?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sky are showing 2 hours live of each stage in the early hours, anybody be staying up to watch?
We all know someone who's going to be Mr Grumpy Pants, in the morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here