Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
6 antipodeans, my 3 string sprinter, a Brit, and one dodgy one that might get changed.

Yep I'm pretty much good to go.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Gavazzi is out, need to make another amendment.
Even though it was confirmed that he was out about a week ago. :blush:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So everyone getting excited about the Tour Down Under and their first fantasy pick of the season I see, and you all take the mick out of me :rolleyes:

Tricky one to pick for I reckon. Certainly it's not as simple as just piling in with sprinters throughout. I can see half the stages not even going to sprints, or atleast only having a select group there at the finish with some of the sprinters dropped. Tricky to know what sort of form the European riders will bring too - will the likes of Gilbert even be going for stage wins or just interested in getting some race miles in his legs? Some odd Aussie inclusions too with Meyer and Matthews not even selected :shrug:

Anyway, looks like it could be an unpredictable and exciting race right from the off, and I'm certainly counting down the days, eager for that racing fix. For anyone interested in a quick preview of the stages, in case you haven't looked already, here's a good little stage 1 preview, and if you fancy it you'll find their other 5 stage previews on youtube too.

2013 Tour Down Under, Stage 1 Preview, Prospect to Lobethal. - YouTube

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tricky to know what sort of form the European riders will bring too - will the likes of Gilbert even be going for stage wins or just interested in getting some race miles in his legs?
No it's not, they have no form, and no desire to get any form.
This ones for the Aussies and third stringers who won't get a look in, and more importantly any WT points, when the big boys come out to play.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No it's not, they have no form, and no desire to get any form.
This ones for the Aussies and third stringers who won't get a look in, and more importantly any WT points, when the big boys come out to play.

Well in as much as they're coming from winter training camps to get some early season race miles in, yes they have no form, which is what I meant really. I think there's some pretty decent riders though that will be looking to be quite lively. Some of them love this race and previous results suggest the Aussies and third stringers won't be making clean sweeps of everything.

It doesn't show does it that I'm just a tad excited and trying desperately to talk this race up???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well in as much as they're coming from winter training camps to get some early season race miles in, yes they have no form, which is what I meant really. I think there's some pretty decent riders though that will be looking to be quite lively. Some of them love this race and previous results suggest the Aussies and third stringers won't be making clean sweeps of everything.

It doesn't show does it that I'm just a tad excited and trying desperately to talk this race up???
We know sweetie.
But the facts, the calendar, and the temperature, doesn't lie.

It's too early for anyone with an eye on the Classics, that won't begin to kick in util the Middle East.
Sorry 1066 but it bears no relevance to any stage race.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
And I see the lovely muppets at road.cc have, in all their wisdom, removed the form chart for normal members. Need to be a premium member to see "additional stats". Looks like we will need to find somewhere else for 2014's season the way things are going.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My Google 'most visited new tab' section will soon be changing.

NSC, Twitter, BBC, e-mail, e-bay and bikeradar will remain, out will go the NFL & NBA, in favour of road.cc & cyclingnews.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And I see the lovely muppets at road.cc have, in all their wisdom, removed the form chart for normal members. Need to be a premium member to see "additional stats". Looks like we will need to find somewhere else for 2014's season the way things are going.

I've never used their 'form chart' so didn't know we're missing anything. The one they have now is some fancy pie chart nonsense I see for premium members. I'd not be wanting that anyway. My only gripe with what remains a fantastic game on a good site is the transfer carry over for Premium players - that really isn't fair, and the reason why Pantani has taken the wise step of not allowing any Premium players into our league.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
My Google 'most visited new tab' section will soon be changing.

NSC, Twitter, BBC, e-mail, e-bay and bikeradar will remain, out will go the NFL & NBA, in favour of road.cc & cyclingnews.
Twitter?! :ohmy:

NSC, NSC Big Board, BBC Sport, Amazon, Perfect darts etc etc, Road.cc is in the top 9!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Twitter?! :ohmy:

NSC, NSC Big Board, BBC Sport, Amazon, Perfect darts etc etc, Road.cc is in the top 9!
Yeah, where do you think all the Lance stuff comes from!!

Don't judge professional sportsman by soccerballists.
As a rule the cyclists are pretty good, esp during the high points of the season.
The journos are pretty spot on, and obviously working overtime at the moment.

But as a rule I don't stray too far from that, BBC and a few comedians, is just about all.
I only follow 56 people, and don't really comment on it, myself.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Is your Brit a young rider not with Sky?

Well he is a 'popular' and 'in form' rider according to the game :lol:

Btw, He now lives in West Malling, Kent apparently. I reckon it could be Motogull in disguise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well he is a 'popular' and 'in form' rider according to the game :lol:

Btw, He now lives in West Malling, Kent apparently. I reckon it could be Motogull in disguise.
I bet you didn't actually look any of that up!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh I'm so predictable.

Who's my third rate sprinter?

There are loads of them in this race, Farrar? Steegmans? Hutarovich? Ferrari? Van Hummel? Impey? Renshaw? All third rate and a few of them are in my team. As are some second rate sprinters, and one first rate sprinter. I have gone all out for the quick dudes, three pan flat stages, two medium mountains with no elevation higher than 500 metres and one 'summit' finish. I will use my transfers to get non sprinters in then back out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here