Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I bet you didn't actually look any of that up!

You already know Wiki is going to be well 'in form' on my google most visited tab from now until October :wink:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I bet you didn't actually look any of that up!

To be fair he does rather leap out, I'd be surprised if he is the final man in that train though and I did not pick him myself. I'm going to refine my guess to Renshaw as you have so many Aussies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are loads of them in this race, Farrar? Steegmans? Hutarovich? Ferrari? Van Hummel? Impey? Renshaw? All third rate and a few of them are in my team. As are some second rate sprinters, and one first rate sprinter. I have gone all out for the quick dudes, three pan flat stages, two medium mountains with no elevation higher than 500 metres and one 'summit' finish. I will use my transfers to get non sprinters in then back out.
Nope.
Going for the Frenchie who won't get a look in when Kittel, and thingy get going, let alone, Cav and Griepel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair he does rather leap out, I'd be surprised if he is the final man in that train though and I did not pick him myself. I'm going to refine my guess to Renshaw as you have so many Aussies.
I do have Renshaw, too.
There's a man who needs a season, but won't get one.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You already know Wiki is going to be well 'in form' on my google most visited tab from now until October :wink:

That is all well and good until you get the 3 credit riders that do not have a wiki or one only in Spanish like Garikoitz Bravo. I did not pick him and have broken with tradition to not have a single Euskatel rider for this race, the Izagirre's are well expensive in this race, which makes me sad.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nope.
Going for the Frenchie who won't get a look in when Kittel, and thingy get going, let alone, Cav and Griepel.

Demare? I've got him, reckon he could be decent in a few years, just not yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I had Ferrari but now have somehow ended up with a Pole with no vowels in his name.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That is all well and good until you get the 3 credit riders that do not have a wiki or one only in Spanish like Garikoitz Bravo. I did not pick him and have broken with tradition to not have a single Euskatel rider for this race, the Izagirre's are well expensive in this race, which makes me sad.

I use Firefox these days and unfortuantely it doesn't give you the option to translate pages. Used to be great fun reading some of the translated wiki pages on Chrome.
Yep, some well expensive riders this time around that can't really justify the price. My favourite Polish 'skirmisher' is one of them at the mo. Not sure if that's the one SB has gone and nicked or not?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Demare? I've got him, reckon he could be decent in a few years, just not yet.

Same.

Judging by your team name it's his team mate that you like best though isn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Protecting Ferari can only mean one thing.

There's still more to come!

How depressing is that prospect.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I was just listening to radio 5 and they interviewed some lady cyclist and she said that she still does not think others were doping, is she in denial this whiter than white sport looks like it was the worst in the end. Cycling is not that holier than thou sport that all its supporters even now seem to say it is. Also during the interview when she said it was clean she then went on to say that one of the women cyclists was positive just before the olympics......

The "sport" is a joke and the only people not doping are the fat men in lycra I see on the streets

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I was just listening to radio 5 and they interviewed some lady cyclist and she said that she still does not think others were doping, is she in denial this whiter than white sport looks like it was the worst in the end. Cycling is not that holier than thou sport that all its supporters even now seem to say it is. Also during the interview when she said it was clean she then went on to say that one of the women cyclists was positive just before the olympics......

The "sport" is a joke and the only people not doping are the fat men in lycra I see on the streets

I know where you're coming from, but I think you're wrong. When sports try to deal head-on with doping issues you find people taking drugs. When you don't even look you appear to have a clean sport. And when has anyone said cycling was 'whiter than white'?! Cycling has introduced the strongest long-term detection method seen in any sport ever (Biological Passports) as a way to detect doping patterns when positive tests can be avoided/evaded. There are still massive problems with the sport, but the prevailing attitude is much different now compared to 1998.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know where you're coming from, but I think you're wrong. When sports try to deal head-on with doping issues you find people taking drugs. When you don't even look you appear to have a clean sport. And when has anyone said cycling was 'whiter than white'?! Cycling has introduced the strongest long-term detection method seen in any sport ever (Biological Passports) as a way to detect doping patterns when positive tests can be avoided/evaded. There are still massive problems with the sport, but the prevailing attitude is much different now compared to 1998.
There's someone who's opinions aren't going to change with the facts.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Don't burst the moron's bubble. He reckons he's gonna fish us in (same as we have every now and again) but I think we've proved time and again that we don't bite for a binfest in here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here