Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Clubs eye Calderon after Brighton exit'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You take the prize as the the biggest p..t on here. It is nothing whatsoever to do with trying to trash him., He has been a good servant to the club but showed this season that giving him another contract was one season to many as age had caught up with him and as much as the heart was willing the body and legs weren't hence he was generally a flop in virtually every game he was pushed into, not his fault as he tried but he isnt the Calderon of a couple of years ago. He may wish to stay in England or the possible alternative is to go back to Spain as David Lopez etc did after leaving us.

You talk nonsense and when it's pointed out you then proceed to abuse people.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
You must be in the running to take the prize as the the biggest p..t on here. It is nothing whatsoever to do with trying to trash him., He has been a good servant to the club but showed this season that giving him another contract was one season to many as age had caught up with him and as much as the heart was willing the body and legs weren't hence he was generally a flop in virtually every game he was pushed into, not his fault as he tried but he isnt the Calderon of a couple of years ago. He may wish to stay in England or the possible alternative is to go back to Spain as David Lopez etc did after leaving us.

You're wrong on many levels.

Aside from that, outstanding post.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You must be in the running to take the prize as the the biggest p..t on here. It is nothing whatsoever to do with trying to trash him., He has been a good servant to the club but showed this season that giving him another contract was one season to many as age had caught up with him and as much as the heart was willing the body and legs weren't hence he was generally a flop in virtually every game he was pushed into, not his fault as he tried but he isnt the Calderon of a couple of years ago. He may wish to stay in England or the possible alternative is to go back to Spain as David Lopez etc did after leaving us.

I think trying to play Hyypia's stupid system knackered him.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Calderon has long said if he doesn't get a playing gig here, he's going straight back to the Basque Country.

Like, now.

I hope wise heads prevail.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do be fair with comparisons; Scotland's single representative in the Europa League this season (Celtic AFC) did finish a creditable fourth (of four) in Group A (won by Molde?) with three points.
Good point, my apologies for omitting it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I disagree. I think you're some way out in front after these posts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just an opinion but I believe that playing him in December was responsible for our drop from the top of the league and then subsequent promotion. Mind I said it at the time and got slated but there you go it is my opinion and other people will have a different one.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just an opinion but I believe that playing him in December was responsible for our drop from the top of the league and then subsequent promotion. Mind I said it at the time and got slated but there you go it is my opinion and other people will have a different one.
Sorry, just to be clear - are you actually BLAMING Calde for our not being promoted?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Playing out of position at left back of course.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
That is so wrong. So BG...Calde's the cause of us missing out...how sad, nasty and untrue

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
That didnt help as I said at the time.

You seem like a really sad individual.
Do you have any emotional attachment to the squad. The thing I love about our club is that sometimes they keep players not entirely based on ability, but on loyalty. Yes he hasn't played that many games, but he will always give 100% effort and when he is on the bench he is kicking every ball, and even when he hasn't been in the squad he has been at the games and on the touchline urging on the team.
IMHO he is one of a kind and we have been very lucky to have him..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You seem like a really sad individual.
Do you have any emotional attachment to the squad. The thing I love about our club is that sometimes they keep players not entirely based on ability, but on loyalty. Yes he hasn't played that many games, but he will always give 100% effort and when he is on the bench he is kicking every ball, and even when he hasn't been in the squad he has been at the games and on the touchline urging on the team.
IMHO he is one of a kind and we have been very lucky to have him..

I agree yes he has been great for us but football is ruthless if you can produce the goods ok you are in favour if you cant time to go no room for sentiment for sentiments sake.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
We will have to agree to disagree. I am happy to have had Calde here for another season even if for sentiments sake. He offers so much in addition to playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here