Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Clubs eye Calderon after Brighton exit'

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Leaving Brighton? So that is what people mean by Brexit.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bottom of La Ligue which like Scotland has about 3 or 4 decent teams. The rest are poor.

Go on then [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION], do enlighten us about these 'poor' teams.

Obviously you can exclude Barca, Real and Atletico, but presumably you wouldn't describe any of Villarreal (4th this season and Europa League semi-finalists), Athletic Club (5th and Europa League quarter-finalists) Sevilla (7th this season but Europa League winners for the last two years and in the final again this year) or Valencia (12th this year but reached the Last 16 of the Europa League in spite of Gary Neville's attempts to manage them) as being 'poor'?

Oh, and Betis finished 10th rather than bottom as you claimed.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To keep us on topic, of course I'd be saddened to see Calde go but fair enough if he wants to carry on playing. I would think and hope that he has been assured of a role here if he wants it when he does decide to hang up his boots.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Go on then [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION], do enlighten us about these 'poor' teams.

Obviously you can exclude Barca, Real and Atletico, but presumably you wouldn't describe any of Villarreal (4th this season and Europa League semi-finalists), Athletic Club (5th and Europa League quarter-finalists) Sevilla (7th this season but Europa League winners for the last two years and in the final again this year) or Valencia (12th this year but reached the Last 16 of the Europa League in spite of Gary Neville's attempts to manage them) as being 'poor'?

It's just that [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] can't even keep his psychedelic arguments straight if it means another opportunity to unnecessarily trash Calderon.

Oct 25, 2003
crawley would be a good fit if he could squeeze in some time to still help out with AITC as Kuipers also did in his spell up there

he'd be FAR too good for them though

and nice- FAR too nice

Do be fair with comparisons; Scotland's single representative in the Europa League this season (Celtic AFC) did finish a creditable fourth (of four) in Group A (won by Molde?) with three points.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know that you mean. I do not want to hear this today of all days. I am struggling enough as it is.
All I want to hear now is about our squad improvements for next year and that Kayal and Knockaert arn't going to be sold.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I go with the Crawley Town suggestions. It would be perfect for him if he is settled in these parts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure Jones will offer him something as Luton need a right back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's just that [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] can't even keep his psychedelic arguments straight if it means another opportunity to unnecessarily trash Calderon.

You must be in the running to take the prize as the the biggest p..t on here. It is nothing whatsoever to do with trying to trash him., He has been a good servant to the club but showed this season that giving him another contract was one season to many as age had caught up with him and as much as the heart was willing the body and legs weren't hence he was generally a flop in virtually every game he was pushed into, not his fault as he tried but he isnt the Calderon of a couple of years ago. He may wish to stay in England or the possible alternative is to go back to Spain as David Lopez etc did after leaving us.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He only played as high as Segunda in Spain before (in his prime), so there is no chance he could play in La Liga now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here