[Albion] Club shop

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nah. Let's find THIS to moan about. Because it's a more than valid moan. The Albion are commercially shit as regards kit and general merchandise. Just prior to pandemic I was lucky enough to visit Munich. Must have seen a dozen or more corner shops with a full-on window display of Bayern shirts, branded yellow ducks and - yes! - dog bowls! Pathetic that our club's commercial arm doesn't seem to think even that tiniest wee bit outside the box. Oh well, club's loss. Again :shrug:
Is that the Munich with one of the top German clubs for over 50 years, regular league winners, CL qualifiers, population 1.5 million and little competition?

Dog bowls or Tunnel Club? Plastic ducks or a Fanzone? Not sure how much your outside of the box commercial ventures would contribute to our player budget 😀😉

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
They haven’t. Nothing on site saying it is either as in previous years.
Bugger, I just spent £42 on one for my son for our holidays on the mistaken assumption that it'd been communicated!

Ah well, at least it's a nice kit

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is that the Munich with one of the top German clubs for over 50 years, regular league winners, CL qualifiers, population 1.5 million and little competition?

Dog bowls or Tunnel Club? Plastic ducks or a Fanzone? Not sure how much your outside of the box commercial ventures would contribute to our player budget 😀😉
Good point, well made. Best not even try then :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A small factor in the missing kit saga is the club are keen to never over order as they never want to have to kit on sale at reduced prices at the end of the season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good point, well made. Best not even try then :thumbsup:
I do sympathise and sort of understand the frustration of not being able to buy a kit on demand but it’s not a new problem. Wanting to buy a 22/23 kit at this time of the year is quite niche.

The demand for Albion stuff seems almost insatiable and I suppose we have to be careful not to overstock resulting in storage costs and waste.

Quite frankly although we are the flavour of the month (season) we know that demand this season might not be matched next season (eg if Mitoma leaves). The kit suppliers also know this and understandably will favour those clubs with a massive worldwide fan base already.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do sympathise and sort of understand the frustration of not being able to buy a kit on demand but it’s not a new problem. Wanting to buy a 22/23 kit at this time of the year is quite niche.

The demand for Albion stuff seems almost insatiable and I suppose we have to be careful not to overstock resulting in storage costs and waste.

Quite frankly although we are the flavour of the month (season) we know that demand this season might not be matched next season (eg if Mitoma leaves). The kit suppliers also know this and understandably will favour those clubs with a massive worldwide fan base already.
Exactly. Clubs have to commit to stock months, maybe even a year in demand. No one guessed we’d be in this position, with Japanese superstar even 9 months ago let alone any longer

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Wanting to buy this seasons kit in May, is probably always going to be out the question…but, we couldn’t get adult sizes back in November either (when the season was only in its first half still. Nor the 3rd kit.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Was getting raided today. Not much new stuff in there. Queues were massive though. Mainly scarves and shirts. Hope we’ve ordered more, otherwise the shop is going to look very sorry in a months time.

I was impressed at the number of our new Oriental friends and found it quite heartening to see them waiting for him to emerge from the dressing room. Several notices inviting him to sign items were on display. Hope he continues to torment defences and finds the net regularly.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
In an ‘attempt’ to avoid all doubt, Nike is ENTIRELY to blame and have almost always delivered an unsatisfactory amount of stock despite the clubs demands/complaints. To the point where it is delayed/insufficient for the players and staff too at times. Severely so at the beginning of last season. This is not an opinion.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In an ‘attempt’ to avoid all doubt, Nike is ENTIRELY to blame and have almost always delivered an unsatisfactory amount of stock despite the clubs demands/complaints. To the point where it is delayed/insufficient for the players and staff too at times. Severely so at the beginning of last season. This is not an opinion.
Perhaps we should change kit suppliers

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Perhaps we should change kit suppliers
Not sure it’s as easy as that with a contract with one of the biggest kit suppliers in the world. And don’t say the contract must have service standards because I’m sure they are flexible enough to be met despite not always meeting demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports