Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Charles Bronson Parole Hearing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't entirely disagree, but you could say the same for all murderers who get 'life' sentences. The average murderer spends just 16 and a half years inside.

How fair is that?
It's not fair at all and the reason I WOULD say the same for all murderers who get 'life'.

Unless new evidence came to light that might somehow change the verdict, they should stay locked up. They've terminated one life, it's only right – IMO – that they should suffer the ultimate sacrifice of having their freedom taken away.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Well f*** you (swear filter probsbly cutting in) but if you'd prefer to have a body-building **** who lives to hurt people (and who the police will do their damndest to avoid dealing with) living next door to you than me, you must be the stupidest **** on NSC.

..... or are you his dear old mum? Bless...............
How stupid are you? I never said a preference.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
By all accounts, including his own, he was a violent little shit long before getting banged up for robbing a post office. Obviously it's speculation now but I would think he would have ended up in prison for some violent crime or other before long. Well, threatening post office counter staff with a sawn off shotgun is a fairly violent act in it's own right.
It is. But put in perspective he has already done more porridge than the Great Train Robbers - and significantly longer than the serial paedophile Paul Gadd. I would trust Bronson not to harm my grandchild. I couldn't say the same of Gadd.

Bronson attacked members of the prison establishment - and there is no doubt they mistreated him - and he targeted paedos in prison (as many convicted criminals do and I can't say that is a bad thing).

In answer to Lenny's question, I would go for a coffee with him and discuss his art. I'll go first as I'm totally convinced that he presents absolutely no danger to me. If I'm wrong, you can do a whip for a floral tribute!

He deserves his chance. 12 months in an open nick and if he behaves, let him out on a life licence.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's had 7 previous parole hearings.
He should've used his noddle, behaved himself, and he might've been out already.
As I said earlier, he's obviously not quite the full ticket and has done himself no favours.
He’s been released twice previously. Both times he was arrested and back inside within a couple of months.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is. But put in perspective he has already done more porridge than the Great Train Robbers - and significantly longer than the serial paedophile Paul Gadd. I would trust Bronson not to harm my grandchild. I couldn't say the same of Gadd.

Bronson attacked members of the prison establishment - and there is no doubt they mistreated him - and he targeted paedos in prison (as many convicted criminals do and I can't say that is a bad thing).

In answer to Lenny's question, I would go for a coffee with him and discuss his art. I'll go first as I'm totally convinced that he presents absolutely no danger to me. If I'm wrong, you can do a whip for a floral tribute!

He deserves his chance. 12 months in an open nick and if he behaves, let him out on a life licence.
I agree he has been mistreated inside prison. I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say I’d trust him.
I imagine he’s quite manipulative and if the documentary is anything to go by, he seems rather proud of his violence. His body language indicates to me a rather angry man. Clenched fists etc.
However, I don’t know much about him in the big scheme of things.
I guess the only way to test it is to release him. But that’s not gone well with him before.

I’ll be interested to see the outcome.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's an absolute head case and has been from day 1. He's mentally unfit to live in a civilised society.

And, he's hardly old. Seventy is young enough to still be a thug.

I'm more interested in protecting whoever it is he lamps within a few months of coming out.

Also, thanks to his own antics, he's made himself a target. There'll be loads of idiots stalking him and want a piece of whatever his real name is.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
The arguments put forward here have been strangely measured, calm and logical (with a couple of exceptions) for NSC. I’d like to comment on the “it’s OK to release him because he’s 70 and will not re-offend” responses. I’m 69 and still quite capable of getting very angry. I’m also physically able to wield a weapon (if not kill a fit youngster any more with my bare hands). But I’m able to resist moving seamlessly from anger to violence, and that ability has been there through my life. So don’t assume that restraint develops naturally with old age.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
His comments as reported by the BBC from his parole hearing are telling.
Indeed they are. As are his comments in the documentary.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

The worry is his own, completely understandable, paranoia. He gave an account about this on his first release.

He does appear to be the old school criminal type that wouldn't harm a child or hit a woman and loves his Mum. The trouble is there's the very real potential that an adult male only has to look at him the wrong way or say the wrong thing and things could very quickly go completely pear shaped.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If he is still on a six man unlock in riot gear then who the hell would be brave enough to sign his release papers.
I don't think that's the case. From the documentary, he has been downgraded to a 'medium risk' prisoner. So he almost certainly isn't any longer experiencing the conditions you describe.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I don't think that's the case. From the documentary, he has been downgraded to a 'medium risk' prisoner. So he almost certainly isn't any longer experiencing the conditions you describe.
I haven’t yet seen the documentary that’s why I said if. I do know that given his previous antics he was on a six man unlock every time his door was opened that happened for years. That takes a lot of resources as well as being a pain in the ass for staff. However I would like to think he is a changed man given his age but I’m not to sure about that.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I thought his son was genuine?

DNA tests and all that?
Apparently he’s refused to do an official dna test and you can’t get dna from two moustache hairs (not sure about that but it was on the internet so must be true).

Also, he is a horrible paparazzi who likes the fame himself and even set up a museum for him 😬. Here is a short documentary on the bloke

So I’m calling bollocks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Clearly the bloke is mad as a box of frogs and a thousand times more violent. By all means transfer him to a more open prison. Good luck with that experiment. It'll be lucky to last a week before he's back where he belongs :wave:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apparently he’s refused to do an official dna test and you can’t get dna from two moustache hairs (not sure about that but it was on the internet so must be true).

Also, he is a horrible paparazzi who likes the fame himself and even set up a museum for him 😬. Here is a short documentary on the bloke

So I’m calling bollocks.

Watched that, what a shithouse.

Just to forewarn others the Museum in Torquay is advertised as a Crime attraction, you don't realise its a homage to Bronson till you've paid to get in.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I don't think life should mean life on this particular occasion. Release him to a travelling circus or get him to take on Tom Hardy's next movie role, instead of Tom himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here