Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Charles Bronson Parole Hearing.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
To be objective, there’s probably hundreds of nasty little bastards walking around free in this day and age who have done far worse than Bronson ever did.
He's had 7 previous parole hearings.
He should've used his noddle, behaved himself, and he might've been out already.
As I said earlier, he's obviously not quite the full ticket and has done himself no favours.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
….compared with his 50+ years of multiple, varied and serious offences (started at 13), both in and out of prison, lifetime of disturbing and erratic behaviour etc etc. Wouldn’t want him anywhere near me or my family I’m afraid.
But then it’s pointless him trying to reform if he’s only going to be judged on his earlier behaviour.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Can I get your perspective on one element.

In the doc a former inmate explained that prisons are a jungle of violence. Violence is common and retaliation comes in the form of violence. Defending one’s self can also lead to violence. Punishment is also dished out with violence.

How does an individual cope with life in the open world which is largely not A violent place?
As I said I have not seen the documentaries so can’t comment on them. I would say that prisoners, in my experience, will tell you what they think you want to hear. It’s a very human attribute.

The nearest thing to real prison life was Ronnie Barkers Porridge. Honestly! If a day passed without me bursting out laughing at some point it was a bad day. Most days were absolutely hilarious, just like the TV series but there was always the possibility of violence breaking out. It was just something you lived with.

As to your assertion that the open world is largely not a violent place, I’m not so sure about that!

I was told that Bronson spent all his time in his cell doing press-ups and sit-ups. He is absolutely hard as nails but he is 70 so maybe he has mellowed. As someone else said, “Do you want him moving in next door?”

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
….compared with his 50+ years of multiple, varied and serious offences (started at 13), both in and out of prison, lifetime of disturbing and erratic behaviour etc etc. Wouldn’t want him anywhere near me or my family I’m afraid.
Yes. We continually hear how ghastly our prisons are. Shame there's been nobody in the showers with a stiletto, really. Made the worls (and even prisons) a safer place, and would have saved us, the taxpayers, kerzillions. If ever a life was wothless, he has emboddied it. You can't polish a turd, it's true - shame we can't sometimes flush one either.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's had 7 previous parole hearings.
He should've used his noddle, behaved himself, and he might've been out already.
As I said earlier, he's obviously not quite the full ticket and has done himself no favours.
Oh, I 100% agree. He deserves to be banged up for life.
I think if he was given freedom, he’d have hurt someone within a week.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
See post #61
But what if he used his noodle 8-9 years ago and kept his nose clean ever since. Still pointless? Might as well have kept offending then.

Im undecided but rehabilitation has to be worth something otherwise we’d just give up on everyone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But what if he used his noodle 8-9 years ago and kept his nose clean ever since. Still pointless? Might as well have kept offending then.

Im undecided but rehabilitation has to be worth something otherwise we’d just give up on everyone.
What would you suggest in his case ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
What prison, or prisons did you work in?

Having experience of two different cat B prisons, they were most certainly like chalk and cheese. That was also well over 20 years ago too though tbf.

I tend to agree, the parole board are very unlikely to take a chance on this.
Ashford Remand Centre and Feltham Young Offenders Institute. When I got the first posting to Ashford they asked if I was happy. I said, I had asked for Adult Training Prison in Sussex. On being told it was a Young Offenders Remand centre in Middlesex, I replied that it was just like my first posting in the Royal Navy. I had asked for a frigate in the West Indies and got an Aircraft Carrier in the Far East!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

So, he 's been rehabilitated and no more than a friendly, fluffy bunny of a man now, then? Coming to a probation monitored protected sheltered life near you then? Only fascists and other reactionary EDL type bastards would object to that then, of course ............................

Good luck................!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So, he 's been rehabilitated and no more than a friendly, fluffy bunny of a man now, then? Coming to a probation monitored protected sheltered life near you then? Only fascists and other reactionary EDL type bastards would object to that then, of course ............................

Good luck................!
Sorry, who’s he moving next door to?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yes. We continually hear how ghastly our prisons are. Shame there's been nobody in the showers with a stiletto, really. Made the worls (and even prisons) a safer place, and would have saved us, the taxpayers, kerzillions. If ever a life was wothless, he has emboddied it. You can't polish a turd, it's true - shame we can't sometimes flush one either.
Not sure if I'd want you living next door tbf.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure if I'd want you living next door tbf.
Well f*** you (swear filter probsbly cutting in) but if you'd prefer to have a body-building **** who lives to hurt people (and who the police will do their damndest to avoid dealing with) living next door to you than me, you must be the stupidest **** on NSC.

..... or are you his dear old mum? Bless...............

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just watching the doc. Why are they so determined to have a public parole hearing?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
If he is still on a six man unlock in riot gear then who the hell would be brave enough to sign his release papers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What the f*** has Blair got to do with it you weapon?!
Me weapon?

Well you have spent the last ten years accusing Blair of murder, as exemplified by your dingbot user pic.

And yet you want this absolute wrong-un paroled?

Crikey!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
How is it tough? He was given a life sentence. Life should mean life 🤷‍♂️
Don't entirely disagree, but you could say the same for all murderers who get 'life' sentences. The average murderer spends just 16 and a half years inside.

How fair is that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here