Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Charles Bronson Parole Hearing.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

The authorities are really between a rock and a hard place, they let him out despite being clearly institutionalised and he then reoffends the resulting shit storm would be the ultimate witchunt.

On the flip side, he’s an old man, if he has the correct care on the outside maybe he could have a peaceful existence?

Tough one.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Not an expert but it can’t be a good idea to go from 23 hours a day lock-up to suddenly walking the streets. It is very expensive to keep someone locked up which will come into the equation. Glad it’s not me making the decision.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Seems a complete fruit cake (with extra nuts) but maybe should be given a chance in an open prison and if he breaks any conditions there, then back he goes to full prison. As said he is 70, so less likely to do so much damage these days.

Considering the average time spent in jail for a murderer is 16.5 years in the UK, nearly 50 years does seem a bit excessive considering he hasn't killed anyone (yet).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seems a complete fruit cake (with extra nuts) but maybe should be given a chance in an open prison and if he breaks any conditions there, then back he goes to full prison. As said he is 70, so less likely to do so much damage these days.

Considering the average time spent in jail for a murderer is 16.5 years in the UK, nearly 50 years does seem a bit excessive considering he hasn't killed anyone (yet).
It’s the yet bit that makes me think they’ve done a good job. Keep him there. Until he dies.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The system made him the way he is now. They should shoulder some of the blame. Tough decision though, maybe they should give him a chance in open prison first?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
watched the documentary on him the other evening in which he still laughs about ‘cutting to pieces’ a fellow inmate with a jam jar he had cracked the top off. Yeah, sure he safe to let out

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Really tough one this. Watched the documentary recently and bearing in mind he’s served far longer inside than a murderer, it’s easy to understand why he feels he should be released. On the flip side, he’s been inside since 1974, when he was a young man, and you have to think that he will seriously lack the social skills to cope with today’s society. I think I’m on the side of a gradual transition starting with seeing how he behaves in an open prison.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

The authorities are really between a rock and a hard place, they let him out despite being clearly institutionalised and he then reoffends the resulting shit storm would be the ultimate witchunt.

On the flip side, he’s an old man, if he has the correct care on the outside maybe he could have a peaceful existence?

Tough one.
Are you getting soft in your old age? 😃

Not difficult at all IMO, stays inside for the rest of his life.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Total nutcase and wired completely differently to anyone nearing normality.
If they let him out he'll do something bananas and end up back inside within a month.
Prison unfortunately is his home.

As an aside, my brother's ex was a prison officer wherever he was kept 20 ish "odd" years ago and he gifted her one of his cartoon drawings.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not an expert but it can’t be a good idea to go from 23 hours a day lock-up to suddenly walking the streets. It is very expensive to keep someone locked up which will come into the equation. Glad it’s not me making the decision.
The Parole board do not consider the cost of keeping someone locked up as part of their decision making.

The test is purely does the parole board consider it is no longer necessary for the protection of the public that the person be confined to prison.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The Parole board do not consider the cost of keeping someone locked up as part of their decision making.

The test is purely does the parole board consider it is no longer necessary for the protection of the public that the person be confined to prison.
You are right of course but the people above them will want to reduce the cost of keeping him. This could mean a less secure location than 23 hours a day lock up which is the most expensive option. As I said, he is not trusted to behave on normal location in a Cat B prison so can hardly be considered for release. Not sure why he would be in front of a Parole Board unless it is a statuary requirement having been banged up for so long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here