Calais

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
As far as I know they are mostly coming from France with the promise of £36 per week plus free food and accommodation .

The French to be fair though are providing free travel .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...train-rides-Europe-wants-family-join-him.html

And the rest of Europe are providing unmanned open borders. Also the criminal gangs facilitating those making their way from Africa and the Middle East to Calais are telling the migrants all manner of lies about getting free houses, being able to bring their families into the UK after they arrive here, access to numerous generous benefit payments etc etc. The migrants genuinely believe the streets of the UK are paved with gold, the reality is they get exploited every step they take to get here and many continue to be exploited once they arrive. The real battle is stopping the gangs spreading their poisonous lies and promises.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
LEt em in, convict them in emergency courts then load em on planes to their home countries with all their kids they dump here. If those countries try to moan cut their foreign aid etc.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What typical pompous rubbish! The difference is that we witness the sheer scale of the problem far more than you do - you are not telling me that Geelong has thousands of immigrants wanting to come in. You choose to find information that suits your view and as so often, anything that conflicts with that is dismissed as right-wing propaganda.

You don't witness the sheer scales of the situation any more than I do. For that you would need to be in Pakistan, Jordan or Turkey. Stop being so melodramatic. Your posts clearly demonstrate a lack of understanding of the global scope of this problem.

I base my opinions on the information I find (big difference). I have been asking and asking for evidence about the people in Calais and so far all this thread has provided is assumptions, anecdotal evidence and made up statistics.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Doesn't this just show your naïve view? So Italy chooses any country and just like that, they have to take them. The Italians then get rid of the lot and the population of the receiving country has no say whatsoever. What a recipe for disaster.

:facepalm: Wooooshhh!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thanks. I did notice that you were also from Geelong some time ago. But I don't think that you are of the lecturing type? I was fascinated by our stat - I suppose that it boils down to when one ceases to be an immigrant and becomes a citizen.

Please be very careful when you quote these sort of figures. It does sound all too simplistic.

Be careful not to dismiss information because it disagrees with your viewpoint HS. Or dismiss someone as lecturing just because you disagree with them.

I think this is the confusion from our previous discussion you alluded to earlier. You asked for a statistic and then didn't like it so started moving the goal posts and messing about with definitions. A person does not cease to be an immigrant when they become a resident.

Immigrant is defined as: A person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country:
A citizen (in this context) is defined as: A legally recognised subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalised.

These two things are not mutually exclusive and I for example am both.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And the rest of Europe are providing unmanned open borders. Also the criminal gangs facilitating those making their way from Africa and the Middle East to Calais are telling the migrants all manner of lies about getting free houses, being able to bring their families into the UK after they arrive here, access to numerous generous benefit payments etc etc. The migrants genuinely believe the streets of the UK are paved with gold, the reality is they get exploited every step they take to get here and many continue to be exploited once they arrive. The real battle is stopping the gangs spreading their poisonous lies and promises.

Good post. Although to go a step further the real battle is to do something about the shit fight that they are fleeing from. Still can't see that happening.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
These people didn't originate in the EU, so how about a UN plan to send them anywhere in the world and the receiving country has to take them. Like Australia. Loads of space, tiny population. Sorted.

It was a joke idea, should have put a smilie, sorry. Although I absolutely agree with your point about Australia. It was only a few years ago that the government were giving people huge bonuses to have children because the aging population was going to cause a skills shortage. We have a constant shortage of skills in rural areas which cause a massive lack of services. meanwhile we had detention centres full of people who could be trained to or were already skilled to taken on those roles.

http://www.ruralaustraliansforrefugees.org/

I was a member of this organisation for a while where farmers were taking in refugees and asylum seekers to help on their farms in exchange for food, accomondation, help with the processing and generally settling. Met quite a few refugees and asylum seekers during that time which probably accounts for my unpopular opinions on these threads.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Badfish, why did YOU emigrate to Australia?

My wife is Australian.

Good luck with your application but be warned the standard of living might not be what you are expecting. Things have been on the decline a for a while in this regard.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The U.S. Have a far bigger problem that 3000 migrants trying to get here...they have hundreds of thousands of Mexicans and other South Americans trying to get to the southern states.

From over the border, is it a bigger problem in this massive country than potential terrorists coming across our borders........i think not.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I base my opinions on the information I find (big difference). I have been asking and asking for evidence about the people in Calais and so far all this thread has provided is assumptions, anecdotal evidence and made up statistics.

You base your information from a country that is relevantly unaffected.
quote:"I have been asking and asking for evidence about the people in Calais and so far all this thread has provided is assumptions, anecdotal evidence and made up statistics."
What more evidence do you need, do you not look at the footage, view our news. Many hundreds, and it will be thousands if those manage to enter, are trying to reach England ILLEGALLY, by hijacking lorries etc, some could be terrorists/criminals or benefit freeloaders. It won't affect you 15000 miles away, so please less of the lectures and figures from you, not in your back yard eh.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You base your information from a country that is relevantly unaffected.
quote:"I have been asking and asking for evidence about the people in Calais and so far all this thread has provided is assumptions, anecdotal evidence and made up statistics."
What more evidence do you need, do you not look at the footage, view our news. Many hundreds, and it will be thousands if those manage to enter, are trying to reach England ILLEGALLY, by hijacking lorries etc, some could be terrorists/criminals or benefit freeloaders. It won't affect you 15000 miles away, so please less of the lectures and figures from you, not in your back yard eh.

All good mate, I will leave you to your fear and paranoia. :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All good mate, I will leave you to your fear and paranoia. :)

Fair enough, just explain how this problem and thread about Calais, which is about 22miles from England, with many trying to enter England illegally, affects your i know better than you stance from 15000 miles away. Unless you lived in NZ you could not be further from the problem...could you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fair enough, just explain how this problem and thread about Calais, which is about 22miles from England, with many trying to enter England illegally, affects your i know better than you stance from 15000 miles away. Unless you lived in NZ you could not be further from the problem...could you.

Why don't you have a look at the responses to the many many other times you have asked me this question. It hasn't changed, you could print it off and stick it to your computer if you are so forgetful.

The point that you are missing of course has nothing to do with my location you have just found a way to deflect discussion so you don't have to deal with it. If my location really meant that my points were flawed you could quite easily deal with those points and prove them to be inaccurate. Sadly though you can't so you resort to your default position.

Anyway like I said I am happy to bow out and you can enjoy your discussion with those living in the correct place.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
When will these Johnny Foreigners realise that our country is FULL*.

*Except for the 635,000 properties currently unoccupied in this country.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why don't you have a look at the responses to the many many other times you have asked me this question. It hasn't changed, you could print it off and stick it to your computer if you are so forgetful.

The point that you are missing of course has nothing to do with my location you have just found a way to deflect discussion so you don't have to deal with it. If my location really meant that my points were flawed you could quite easily deal with those points and prove them to be inaccurate. Sadly though you can't so you resort to your default position.

Anyway like I said I am happy to bow out and you can enjoy your discussion with those living in the correct place.

Your points are inaccurate, your location is inaccurate for your inaccurate points. This discussion is not about "enjoy" although it may seem that way to you who will not be affected. Serious actually, the way this is dealt with is quite serious and you have no need for "fear and paranoia" where you are situated.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

You asked me two questions a couple of pages back, i gave my opinion, you deflected away from Calais and made it a "worldwide" problem.
Strange that you, Herr Tubthumper and Dave have very little to say about anything BHA, but are vocal on any subject to do with England's issues/non BHA.
Perhaps now you have left this country you secretly "enjoy" the problems we may face.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You asked me two questions a couple of pages back, i gave my opinion, you deflected away from Calais and made it a "worldwide" problem.
Strange that you, Herr Tubthumper and Dave have very little to say about anything BHA, but are vocal on any subject to do with England's issues/non BHA.
Perhaps now you have left this country you secretly "enjoy" the problems we may face.

Your powers of assumption are incredible.

But how can you know that from 15,000 miles away.

Funny how you don't want me to post on this thread yet you just can't let me go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports