Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calais

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
He is a University Professor FFS, what kind of political slant would you expect.

He doesnt say anything other than finishing with ''to find policies that ensure that we minimise the costs and maximise the benefits of migration for society as a whole.''

He is pro migration, but then again I suspect he will be living within some rural idyll, where there would be uproar if so much as a convenience store was proposed on his patch, but bring on an African ghetto for everyone else.

I am going back many years but the favourite abodes for those at Sussex University were Ditchling, Lewes and Kingston. Just by chance, of course.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's the latest situation regarding travelling through Calais? We're scheduled to catch a ferry from there to Dover tomorrow , but I'm concerned e may get delayed, disrupted or worse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's the latest situation regarding travelling through Calais? We're scheduled to catch a ferry from there to Dover tomorrow , but I'm concerned e may get delayed, disrupted or worse.

Tweet your ferry company or Eurotunnel, who will give you the latest information.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Good if you watch it you may learn something about the plight of the migrants
i know all about the plight of the immigrants, even if their stories were true , which i doubt, i just dont care enough, neither do MOST people in this country, far too much that needs sorting here before we start worrying about other people , most of whom are economic immigrants anyway.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i know all about the plight of the immigrants, even if their stories were true , which i doubt, i just dont care enough, neither do MOST people in this country, far too much that needs sorting here before we start worrying about other people , most of whom are economic immigrants anyway.

the emotive language being thrown around in the media about Calais is insane, and shows how gullible and susceptible people are, that it's getting echoed back.

You dont hear anyone talking about the 'plight' or 'bravery' of people who, less dramatically and without providing daft British people to broadcast their compassionate credientials to anyone in earshot, simply get knocked back at immigration at Heathrow.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

At least you admit to being ignorant. It's a small sign of progress. For you.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
the emotive language being thrown around in the media about Calais is insane, and shows how gullible and susceptible people are, that it's getting echoed back.

You dont hear anyone talking about the 'plight' or 'bravery' of people who, less dramatically and without providing daft British people to broadcast their compassionate credientials to anyone in earshot, simply get knocked back at immigration at Heathrow.

Indeed, and if we did (just for arguments sake) swallow the current narrative of how brave/inventive these highly skilled doctors and qualified nuclear scientists are for making their way to Calais from their homelands, why are we not questioning the morality of taking these people in when their countries of origin needs them much more?

The developing world will develop slower (if at all) if their brightest and most industrious choose to leave their to search for a better life in the west.

On this basis those at Calais are just selfish capitalist mercenaries....................the election this year proved we have enough Tories in this country already we don't need to import more.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well they've had a better holiday than me this year, I haven't got abroad for more than a couple of days at a time since Feb.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well they've had a better holiday than me this year, I haven't got abroad for more than a couple of days at a time since Feb.
Thats because you're a loser with a shit job :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here