Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton in TROUBLE according to our friends up the road

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Think of the pool of local talent that London clubs have to draw on to enhance their academies - with a population of over 10 million on their doorstep you would expect to unearth gems. The population of the whole of Sussex is a little over 1 million so I think our expectations in this area are a little lower.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Think of the pool of local talent that London clubs have to draw on to enhance their academies - with a population of over 10 million on their doorstep you would expect to unearth gems. The population of the whole of Sussex is a little over 1 million so I think our expectations in this area are a little lower.

Yeah but there are 10 or 11 clubs in London not just one.

Oh who am I kidding, we're f***ed, we're going down, if Poyets got any sense he'll do one soon, I'm off for some rope.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
14/1/55

TheY have an Away End on their site for other fans.....then whinge when you go on it...not that I can...Despite having a screen name and password I still get "You do not have permission...." Very selective are'nt they!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No surprise that Palace have some decent players coming through in the last decade or so. They have London to tap into and it is difficult for youngsters to break through at the larger London clubs ie Fulham etc so they are going to have dibs on decent players in the densely populated capital.

May have been a different story if they had slumped into the lower tiers, but we all know how they sustained their stay in the top two divisions.

Mine

Odious Bureaucrat
Sep 16, 2011
They want what we have. And since they'll never get it, they must project their failings onto Brighton. The cognitive dissonance between their fantasy of superiority and the reality of the situation compared to us forces them to engage in multiple delusions against that reality.

They see BHAFC passing them by. That truth plainly scares them.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No surprise that Palace have some decent players coming through in the last decade or so. They have London to tap into and it is difficult for youngsters to break through at the larger London clubs ie Fulham etc so they are going to have dibs on decent players in the densely populated capital.

May have been a different story if they had slumped into the lower tiers, but we all know how they sustained their stay in the top two divisions.

The funny thing is for their amazing academy, they've not produced one player who has gone on to make it. Bostock can't make it into Spurs' reserves, Moses and Watson are hardly setting the world alight at Wigan of all places. Makes you wonder. Saints have obviously profitted extremely well out of Walcott and Bale who have gone on to big things but you don't see any ex-Palace guys having great successes anywhere (unless there is someone I have forgotten or didn't know was a Palace product, in which case I wholeheartedly apologise)

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
They are prophesising on our finances for next season and none of them (or us) know what Tony Bloom is worth. Hot air. As [MENTION=10641]brightonrock[/MENTION] stated, they are scared.

Hmmm i dont think anyone other than his accountant knows what Tony Bloom is actually worth, could be anything from 5 mil to 500 mil depending on who you are talking to ...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Hilarious

I thought this was funnier:

I went to a fancy dress shop last Saturday and I asked for a vampire outfit as I was attending a party. The lady behind the counter handed me a Brighton first team kit.

I said to her, "sorry my dear, you must be hard of hearing, I said I wanted to look like a count"

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I thought this was funnier:

I went to a fancy dress shop last Saturday and I asked for a vampire outfit as I was attending a party. The lady behind the counter handed me a Brighton first team kit.

I said to her, "sorry my dear, you must be hard of hearing, I said I wanted to look like a count"

Have you seen the league table lately you f***ing bellend?

Feb 14, 2010
The funny thing is for their amazing academy, they've not produced one player who has gone on to make it. Bostock can't make it into Spurs' reserves, Moses and Watson are hardly setting the world alight at Wigan of all places. Makes you wonder. Saints have obviously profitted extremely well out of Walcott and Bale who have gone on to big things but you don't see any ex-Palace guys having great successes anywhere (unless there is someone I have forgotten or didn't know was a Palace product, in which case I wholeheartedly apologise)

And what makes it even funnier is that Brighton during its worst period in its history produced an england international - Gareth Barry

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm i dont think anyone other than his accountant knows what Tony Bloom is actually worth, could be anything from 5 mil to 500 mil depending on who you are talking to ...

I'd wager it was upwards of £115,000,000 (of which a whole heap was moved over in liquid cash at the drop of a hat) which he has just dropped on our new stadium and training complex though, wouldn't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here