Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton in TROUBLE according to our friends up the road

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
absolutly not? well its been paid for, so work it out from there.

Don't worry, it's just another jealous wannabe cockney hoping against hope that we won't make his precious Palace look as inferior as he knows they are.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Don't worry, it's just another jealous wannabe cockney hoping against hope that we won't make his precious Palace look as inferior as he knows they are.
Not at all, I hope he is worth 95 Basquillion quid and good luck to him whatever he has, it can't be denied he is a man that gets things done, I wish him every success.

Jealous ? I would rather support Palace in the Ryman league than anyone else regardless of how many fans, new facilities or expensive players they have.

Cockney ? Well done, 1 out of 3 isn't bad i suppose

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Well it certainly wouldn't be you would it. 5mil as if, you clown!!

5 m to 500 mill depending on who you believe, I was simply quoting the lowest and highest estimates that I have heard to try and make the point that you and I simply don't know.

But since you chose to enter into a discussion do you not think that someone with as little (relatively speaking) as 5 million pounds couldn't have financed the Amex stadium ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bloom is worth a lot more than people think. And I have that from someone very close to him. Very close.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
5 m to 500 mill depending on who you believe, I was simply quoting the lowest and highest estimates that I have heard to try and make the point that you and I simply don't know.

but any estimate less than £100million is clearly wrong so can be ignored. id love to know how someone with a worth of £5m could pay for that, and if it would work on the same basis for £5k start.

No argument but he didn't make it in the UK property market as many assume.

your speculation is...? (i dont think he made it in uk property either).

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
but any estimate less than £100million is clearly wrong so can be ignored. id love to know how someone with a worth of £5m could pay for that, and if it would work on the same basis for £5k start.

Lets put it this way, if I had to make 100 mill I would rather start with 5 mil and the right contacts than with 50 mill and no contacts.

your speculation is...? (i dont think he made it in uk property either).

I think speculating on others acquired wealth on a public forum is a dangerous pastime :)

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I think speculating on others acquired wealth on a public forum is a dangerous pastime :)

so why are you here with your inuendo then? seems you want to think you know something, but really know f*** all along with everyone else.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
so why are you here with your inuendo then? seems you want to think you know something, but really know f*** all along with everyone else.

No I can see why you would say that and I would think the same, put up or shut up maybe ? lol.

I was just disagreeing with the notion that Tony Bloom simply whipped out his wad of notes and blew 115 million pounds for the love of his boyhood and family club, thats all.

I was just disagreeing with the notion that Tony Bloom simply whipped out his wad of notes and blew 115 million pounds for the love of his boyhood and family club, thats all.

But I don't think that anyone who's bothered to follow the Bloom family's support for the club since the early 70's believes this either.

1) The family may feel some "moral" obligation towards the club following what some consider to be Ray Bloom's acquessence to Bill Archer and Greg Stanley's shafting of the club in the 1990's. Personally, I think both are bollocks.
2) Tony Bloom was bankrolling the club for the final 5/6 years at Withdean; at the time he became the majority shareholder in May 2009, this debt (unsecured like the stadium/training ground loans) amounted to just under £17M.
3) The facilities (ie authorisation to issue new shares, convertable loan notes) to enable the £17M and more (covering losses incured during 2009/10 and 2010/11) to be converted into stock/shares were lodged at Companies House about 18 months before they were executed and TB took over. My take on this is that this was always the plan, it was just a matter of when.
4) As for Bloom financing the stadium out of his own pocket; I think that he and/or the Bloom family were always destined to make a major contribution. There's no way that any commercial lender (even pre-credit crunch) would have stumped up more that £25-30M based on BHA's financial performance/prospects at the time.
5) In conclusion, I guess I'm agreeing with you in that TB didn't get his wallet out on a whim, it has been the plan all along.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
But I don't think that anyone who's bothered to follow the Bloom family's support for the club since the early 70's believes this either.

1) The family may feel some "moral" obligation towards the club following what some consider to be Ray Bloom's acquessence to Bill Archer and Greg Stanley's shafting of the club in the 1990's. Personally, I think both are bollocks.
2) Tony Bloom was bankrolling the club for the final 5/6 years at Withdean; at the time he became the majority shareholder in May 2009, this debt (unsecured like the stadium/training ground loans) amounted to just under £17M.
3) The facilities (ie authorisation to issue new shares, convertable loan notes) to enable the £17M and more (covering losses incured during 2009/10 and 2010/11) to be converted into stock/shares were lodged at Companies House about 18 months before they were executed and TB took over. My take on this is that this was always the plan, it was just a matter of when.
4) As for Bloom financing the stadium out of his own pocket; I think that he and/or the Bloom family were always destined to make a major contribution. There's no way that any commercial lender (even pre-credit crunch) would have stumped up more that £25-30M based on BHA's financial performance/prospects at the time.
5) In conclusion, I guess I'm agreeing with you in that TB didn't get his wallet out on a whim, it has been the plan all along.

Nice post, some good points.

Something I don't understand is how TB's property investment/development knowledge squares with the frankly mind boggling cost of the Amex stadium.
I would also like to find more details on the structure of American Express's 10 year sponsorship deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here