Brighton in TROUBLE according to our friends up the road

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Grow up? Oh go on. Admit it, it at least chaffs a bit. How's your neck? A bit stiff from suddenly having to look up to us?

You don't have the kudos of little Al here yet. So jog along.

Kudos ? :) little Al is welcome to it, I have no axe to grind, no reputation to build and no interest in wasting my time being jealous of anyone or anything when I could better spend it being happy with what I have and aspiring to more.

Nice post, some good points.

Something I don't understand is how TB's property investment/development knowledge squares with the frankly mind boggling cost of the Amex stadium.
I would also like to find more details on the structure of American Express's 10 year sponsorship deal.

Not really sure what you're asking in the first sentence - he's had two long term business colleagues on the club Board (Franks and Sugarman) since soon after his appointment as chairman, one is from Citibank. One of the other directors, Derek Chapman, owned a reasonable sized local building firm and has been overseeing the build, managing the contractor etc.
Amex's sponsorship is directed to the "Albion in the Community Program" only, they were never going to have anything to do with the playing side of the business. Hope this helps your curiosity.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Something I don't understand is how TB's property investment/development knowledge squares with the frankly mind boggling cost of the Amex stadium.

just because you don't understand it, doesnt mean it isnt so. I don't really quite understand special relativity, doesn't mean it isn't so. a very successfull one. not sure what Amex sponsorship matters too much as it had been paid for by then.

the irony of all this, is Palace is currently owned by a consortium many fans claim to have great wealth but not fronting up.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Not really sure what you're asking in the first sentence - he's had two long term business colleagues on the club Board (Franks and Sugarman) since soon after his appointment as chairman, one is from Citibank. One of the other directors, Derek Chapman, owned a reasonable sized local building firm and has been overseeing the build, managing the contractor etc.
Amex's sponsorship is directed to the "Albion in the Community Program" only, they were never going to have anything to do with the playing side of the business. Hope this helps your curiosity.

Thank-you very much for another reasonable, polite and informative post, yes it does help.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
just because you don't understand it, doesnt mean it isnt so. I don't really quite understand special relativity, doesn't mean it isn't so. a very successfull one. not sure what Amex sponsorship matters too much as it had been paid for by then.

the irony of all this, is Palace is currently owned by a consortium many fans claim to have great wealth but not fronting up.

Im not sure they do have great wealth, considerable maybe, but lets not forget they were reluctant buyers in the first place.
In any case I frankly don't give a monkeys about point scoring and keyboard wars, its kids stuff and as per my first post I came here for reasonable and interesting footy related chat, not my dad is bigger than yours bullshit. enjoy the game.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have no time to read all this,but palace are deluded,beyond belief.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Crystal Palace Fans = JEALOUS

Fearful,more like,fearful and a little wary of the REAL BRIGHTON,the Brighton they forgot about,that older fans remember,and the young who only remember the Withdean,this is planet Amex-Brighton are back

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Brighton are back indeed.
Palace will see getting a point a result on Tuesday.
Nothing less than a comfortable win for Albion will do.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nice post, some good points.

I would also like to find more details on the structure of American Express's 10 year sponsorship deal.

£67m on the stadium-the rest investment,ground off sets,transport,compensation to university.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Brighton are back indeed.
Palace will see getting a point a result on Tuesday.
Nothing less than a comfortable win for Albion will do.

That's fair comment. I woukld be happy with a point - I expect you felt the same at half-time last night.

Having said that, given the reaction on the pitch to Poyet's half-time talk I would if I were an Albion supporter be really worried now that a Premiership club, say one in London which is getting disillusioned with it's present managerial regime :)whistle:) would come in for Gus with a serious offer.

Would Poyet tur down a club with SERIOUS possibilities of European league football?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports