Brighton - a Manchester United fan speaks...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 14, 2010
Never argue with the Mrs friends, and certainly never about something as pointless as them supporting Man U is my take on it. Sorry

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Well she is a complete mug really. Spending all that extra cash and time just to see a team that 'win more'. Bet she doesn't bother with the games v Barcelona?

It's inevitable that she'll be an AMEX convert at some point though. When United tickets start to become unaffordable, and on the day that will surely come given time when united are not quite so successful. Shame there's a waiting list for season tickets !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You let this woman spout all manner of shit about our club and you bite your tongue. Jesus Christ man grow some bollox.

You of all people TLO.... I would have expected better from you.

You are obviously regretting your lack of responses now so make sure you give her both barrels next time, a rant on her shallowness as a supporter that she`ll remember from now till doomsday.
Don`t punch her though.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
As a lifelong Arsenal fan since 87 (due to the fact my old man was born in islington) ive followed arsenal home and away over land and sea, but i am genuinely jealous of the buzz surrounding Brighton at the moment, i havent made the journey to Falmer yet ,but met some friends at the station before the Livepool game last week and there seemed to be a great atmosphere and a real sense of togetherness and i saw a lot of old mates and faces from the past, something that is really lacking at the emirates.Also the fact that the way Brighton seem in touch with the fans is something that i really miss with Arsenal. Im making my first trip tomorrow night and I fully intend to sing my nuts off (again something that doesn't happen at Arsenal any more). Im really excited about tomorrow and i cant see how any football supporter can fail to be impressed with Brighton as a club.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Next time you see her out on her own put her through a shop window :thumbsup:
I watched the Liverpool game twice on the telly the following day & heard their fans the grand total of once.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just watching it on TV, there were certainly times when the home support seemed to be very quiet and I could hear the northerners very well, so she's not necessarily wrong on that account - just about everything else.

You could hear the mickeys during the game when the N E and W stands went quiet. Being a Manure fan her ears would have tuned into another Premier League clubs fans singing. Good luck to her if she goes to Old Trafford watching football through red coloured spectacles , many thousands like her in Sussex are just plastic fans and only get to see "their" team on Sky.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
lmao i have relatives in Manchester all of whom are city fans as is about 90% of the city on most match days the man u crowd looks like Chinatown

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
A good answer is to pity them.

I quite often say back that there is no worse team in the world to support than Man Utd. Winning means nothing to them they just come to expect it (I mean look at last seasons title win it is an emotionless experience for them, Utd win the league, yawn!) they have won the title 11 times in the last 20 or so years (a guess) how can the 11th title be more special than the 6th or the 9th for example.

You can see it in the crowd and you can feel it when you talk to them, there is no passion just expectation of victory, which breeds arrogance and to me they have the thought process of a child almost i.e having to support the winning team. You have to experience dark times (and I am not just talking about BHA, but all sides without a bulging trophy cabinet) to truly appreciate success such as wins and ultimately triumphs (like last seasons league 1 win) I think I will always remember the game at Walsall, which Utd fan will ever remember there 11th title win. It must be horrible and to be quite honest boring to support Man Utd (unless you come from Manchester).

Pretty much what I tell two of my mates who 'support' Merchandising Utd...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry mate but does anyone on NSC really care what some fat middle aged munter thinks about Brighton?

She's irrelevant.

African or Indian?

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
My way of getting them back is when you ask who they support and say "united" I always ask Newcastle or Leeds? and then when they say "Manchester!" I sound surprised and say "Oh Manchester City I thought you said United!

That normally stops them getting on their high horse.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
lmao i have relatives in Manchester all of whom are city fans as is about 90% of the city on most match days the man u crowd looks like Chinatown

This is the same City who in their very first proper Champions League home fixture, against decent Italian opposition, with reduced ticket prices down to £25 adults, £5 kids, they got 41,426, 2600 of whom were Napoli fans. If 90% of fans from Manchester are City, then their support of their club is frankly diabolical!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where the f*** did she get that the Liverpool fans outsung us from? Didn't sound like it to me.
Probably fooled by those 'We're from Huyton, super Huyton, super Huyton, come down south' chants (Somebody did suggest she was a bit deaf, didn't they?)

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
My way of getting them back is when you ask who they support and say "united" I always ask Newcastle or Leeds? and then when they say "Manchester!" I sound surprised and say "Oh Manchester City I thought you said United!

That normally stops them getting on their high horse.

I go with Sheffield as I believe they were the first club to go with 'United' as part of their name

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports