Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNP Takes “Safest Labour Ward” in Kent

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes but they have been growing nicely ever since.
So we should start shitting it if their percentage of the vote rises to *gasp* 0.5% of the vote then?

Sounds like Le Pen will be over here for some top tips on how our racists have done it when all he can muster is 13% of the vote in France.

Face it, they're an insignificant bunch of thickies of no relevance.

Dandyman

In London village.
In the interest of balance further up the road suspected rapist and knife wielding thug Dwayne Brooks has just won a seat on Lewisham council on a thinly disguised race ticket.

Suspected by whom? Has he been arrested, charged or stood trial or is this a nice little whispering campaign?

I presume you are claiming no non-black people voted for Mr Brooks, then?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
So we should start shitting it if their percentage of the vote rises to *gasp* 0.5% of the vote then?

Sounds like Le Pen will be over here for some top tips on how our racists have done it when all he can muster is 13% of the vote in France.

Face it, they're an insignificant bunch of thickies of no relevance.

Time will tell. I am more than confident they can achieve greater things

Dandyman

In London village.
Time will tell. I am more than confident they can achieve greater things

I would imagine a major recession will help them, but The Green Party have a bigger vote, MEP(s), and effective representation in some local authorities. I don't see much more than a poisoning of the well from Mr Griffin and his band.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Suspected by whom? Has he been arrested, charged or stood trial or is this a nice little whispering campaign?

I presume you are claiming no non-black people voted for Mr Brooks, then?

Suspected by Deptford police. He was arrested but the charges (or case, unsure through memory if he was charged or not) were dropped. it was some years ago and was very big news in SE London. it has been implied that pressure was put on the police from high up in the met not to pursue it due to his connection with the Lawrence case, post McPherson report.

I am not suggesting anything about the breakdown of the vote. I am pointing out that in certain areas candidates are put up on the basis of their ethnicity. The area he succesfully stood in has had its demographics altered dramatically in the last few years or so.

He is not standing for a party with immigration at the heart of their agenda, but the politics of race works all ways in this part of the world. It is very concerning.

Last edited:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I would imagine a major recession will help them, but The Green Party have a bigger vote, MEP(s), and effective representation in some local authorities. I don't see much more than a poisoning of the well from Mr Griffin and his band.

The BNP were growing before the recession. They face a lot of negative publicity from the media. Which now is starting to backfire. They are recruiting better people now than in the old days. It is a possibility that they will get at least one MEP come June. They don't have major financial backing. On the whole they have done very well. Even I would never have thought they could achieve what they have so far.

Dandyman

In London village.
31% apparently, and an increase on the last election, so nobody stayed at home.

LOL - surely 69% of voters stayed at home?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The BNP were growing before the recession. They face a lot of negative publicity from the media. Which now is starting to backfire. They are recruiting better people now than in the old days. It is a possibility that they will get at least one MEP come June. They don't have major financial backing. On the whole they have done very well. Even I would never have thought they could achieve what they have so far.
We have 78 seats in the Euro Parliament, and you're saying they *might* win a seat. That translates to, what, 1.5% of the vote?

Firstly, that is unlikely considering how small their current voting base. Secondly, even if it does happen, it represents a fact that is one notch above trivial. In the 80s the Greens won 18% of the vote for the Euro parliament (although PR wasn't in force in this country at the time). Five years later, they disappeared off the radar as it became clear that the Green vote was nothing more than a protest vote.

In terms of vote percentage, the BNP will have less than a tenth of that one Green protest vote, which is why they will remain utterly irrelevant and run by thickies even if they upset the odds and win a single seat (out of 78).

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
We have 78 seats in the Euro Parliament, and you're saying they *might* win a seat. That translates to, what, 1.5% of the vote?

Firstly, that is unlikely considering how small their current voting base. Secondly, even if it does happen, it represents a fact that is one notch above trivial. In the 80s the Greens won 18% of the vote for the Euro parliament (although PR wasn't in force in this country at the time). Five years later, they disappeared off the radar as it became clear that the Green vote was nothing more than a protest vote.

In terms of vote percentage, the BNP will have less than a tenth of that one Green protest vote, which is why they will remain utterly irrelevant and run by thickies even if they upset the odds and win a single seat (out of 78).

Keep it going mate. I love all your percentages. I say they might win a seat because I think over confidence is not a good thing. The Greens have not disappeared off the radar. As dandyman has pointed out they have MEP's and councillors. Don't they have quite a few in Brighton.

The BNP are growing slowly but surely. Only time will tell whether I am right and you are wrong.

I don't think searchlies shares your confidence

HOPE not hate: North West

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Keep it going mate. I love all your percentages. I say they might win a seat because I think over confidence is not a good thing. The Greens have not disappeared off the radar. As dandyman has pointed out they have MEP's and councillors. Don't they have quite a few in Brighton.

The BNP are growing slowly but surely. Only time will tell whether I am right and you are wrong.
OK, then I will. :lolol:

Multiculturalism isn't a new thing in this country. We've been importing foreign labour since the end of the last world war and as a general rule the British population simply haven't voted for racist goons on any sort of significant scale, whatever guise they come in.

Good to see you don't disagree with my point that one seat represents nothing really, except that we'll get a load of faux shock from the media and the big parties will hopefully get their arses in gear.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
OK, then I will. :lolol:

Multiculturalism isn't a new thing in this country. We've been importing foreign labour since the end of the last world war and as a general rule the British population simply haven't voted for racist goons on any sort of significant scale, whatever guise they come in.

Good to see you don't disagree with my point that one seat represents nothing really, except that we'll get a load of faux shock from the media and the big parties will hopefully get their arses in gear.

I think you have forgotten the growth of the NF in the 70's and The Conservative party were very right wing in those days. I don't disagree that a lot of the far right parties in the old days were a bit of a joke but the BNP are somewhat different now

I wouldn't say that I agree with your point about one seat. Yes its not a major breakthrough but it would be a significant achievement

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
There was me thinking it was an election :shrug:

But what is the point of going to all the effort/cost to win one seat on one small Council in middle England when you have no chance of ever having a say on that Council. The answer- because its a publicity stunt!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
But what is the point of going to all the effort/cost to win one seat on one small Council in middle England when you have no chance of ever having a say on that Council. The answer- because its a publicity stunt!

Don't be daft. You have to start from somewhere. How can it be a publicity stunt when there was no guarantee that they were going to win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here