Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNP Takes “Safest Labour Ward” in Kent

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Living in Sevenoaks I was shocked to read this thread!! Didnt even know Swanley came under Sevenoaks DC.

Have checked and the seat the BNP won is 6 miles from the ultra Tory Sevenoaks right on the periphery of the borough. Worlds apart- Dyke Road Avenue versus Moulscoombe (no offense meant just setting the scene).

Clearly BNP spin to try to look as though they are conquering middle England. No chance of the BNP getting a better foothold than that (the recent list of BNP members had 9 in the whole of Sevenoaks!).

Wouldnt be much point in them making more of an effort in Sevenoaks-as Anglo Saxon/affluent as could be.

Not trumpeting Sevenoaks (its a safe, fairly boring City commuter town full of Banker Ruperts and Henrys), but just setting the record straight.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Living in Sevenoaks I was shocked to read this thread!! Didnt even know Swanley came under Sevenoaks DC.

Have checked and the seat the BNP won is 6 miles from the ultra Tory Sevenoaks right on the periphery of the borough. Worlds apart- Dyke Road Avenue versus Moulscoombe (no offense meant just setting the scene).

Clearly BNP spin to try to look as though they are conquering middle England. No chance of the BNP getting a better foothold than that (the recent list of BNP members had 9 in the whole of Sevenoaks!).

Wouldnt be much point in them making more of an effort in Sevenoaks-as Anglo Saxon/affluent as could be.

Not trumpeting Sevenoaks (its a safe, fairly boring City commuter town full of Banker Ruperts and Henrys), but just setting the record straight.

Sounds fair enough. We'll see if this is anything more than a protest vote. The BNP have a record of winning council seats on low turnouts and then losing them once people rumble that they are as incompetent as they are obnoxious.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
They are becoming much more professional in their approach. Interesting to note that this victory came in a ward they had not contested before.

Pretty pointless of them I reckon as BHA has more chance of winning the Champions League in the next 5 years than the BNP has of influencing decision making at Sevenoaks DC!

A publicity stunt, that is all!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The facts of the matter is when the BNP do well it is nothing more than a protest vote by ordinary people to kick the mainstream politicians up the arse.

What is the alternative to these voters, most of whom will be at the sharp end of the credit crunch and feel let down by both parties?

The politicans always miss the point about results like this, going on about how we mustn't see the rise of racism when everybody knows full it is merely a show of voter disaffection. And comparisons with the Nazi Party in the 1920s are laughable.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I think they got 13% in Burnley in the last GE, amid an atmosphere of simmering racial tension.

It doesn't say much for the major parties if so many people feel sufficiently suckered into voting for a crappy, racist party run by simpletons.

In all honesty, having worked in Burnley a few times now I can honestly say I'm surprised the BNP vote wasn't higher. Crappy, racist and run by simpletons sums the town up nicely. Even the people who are well educated are racist

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In all honesty, having worked in Burnley a few times now I can honestly say I'm surprised the BNP vote wasn't higher. Crappy, racist and run by simpletons sums the town up nicely. Even the people who are well educated are racist
and you never stop to wonder why ?? course not ,you get to go back to eastbourne .

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
In the interest of balance further up the road suspected rapist and knife wielding thug Dwayne Brooks has just won a seat on Lewisham council on a thinly disguised race ticket.

Jan 30, 2008
i think you would have to be a bit naive to discount the BNP with the current trends in the UK at the moment , I'm not saying they would make major inroads but there are quite a few people out there who are fed up and will see the BNP as the way to voice their opinions

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
i think you would have to be a bit naive to discount the BNP with the current trends in the UK at the moment , I'm not saying they would make major inroads but there are quite a few people out there who are fed up and will see the BNP as the way to voice their opinions

Dontcha mean you have to be pretty naive to vote BNP unless you are racist.

What you forget is that there are loads of people who would get off their arses and start voting against the BNP if they ever got near to any power.

Those same people are fed up with Labour and Tory etc and just don't bother.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

Got to wait until June. Now thats the big one for the BNP. Think the media and establishment will go into overdrive before then. Celebs will be pushed off the front pages for a while

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In the interest of balance further up the road suspected rapist and knife wielding thug Dwayne Brooks has just won a seat on Lewisham council on a thinly disguised race ticket.
what do you mean suspected rapist and knife wielding thug ? he was stephen lawrence's friend , surely he is beyond any reproach ?

Jan 30, 2008
Dontcha mean you have to be pretty naive to vote BNP unless you are racist.

What you forget is that there are loads of people who would get off their arses and start voting against the BNP if they ever got near to any power.

Those same people are fed up with Labour and Tory etc and just don't bother.
do you ever go out ??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

It depends what you mean by discount.

I DON'T discount the fact they're always likely to win a few seats in politically sensitive wards, particularly when the two main parties are a joke.

I DO discount the possibility that they will ever become a meaningful force in British politics because politicians underestimate how anti-racist this country has become.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
what do you mean suspected rapist and knife wielding thug ? he was stephen lawrence's friend , surely he is beyond any reproach ?

Operation Black Vote, the impartial non racist and obviously very necessary campaign group attempting to lump countless nationalities and ethnic groups into a political mass, (excluding the indigenous population and other non ethnically African groups) *gasp*, has been championing him relentlessly.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here