Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Birmingham Commonwealth Games

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Men's marathon on now, always a highlight of the games. Been a cracking race so far.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Please PM me if you are interested in going to the athletics on the evening of Friday 5th. Cheers.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Tremendous Rugby 7s Semi-Final between Fiji and New Zealand that went to extra-time.

NZ were reduced to 5 players at the end. It's hard enough playing against Fiji with all 7.

Cycling temporarily suspended after an English rider went over the barrier and ended up in the crowd after a big crash. :ohmy:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tremendous Rugby 7s Semi-Final between Fiji and New Zealand that went to extra-time.

NZ were reduced to 5 players at the end. It's hard enough playing against Fiji with all 7.

Cycling temporarily suspended after an English rider went over the barrier and ended up in the crowd after a big crash. :ohmy:

Can there be any team sport that is harder graft than Rugby 7s? Always looks to me like horrendously brutal hard work

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Had a leg off in January….. wins gold

Pisses all the time in the pool - Adam Peatie

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Please PM me if you are interested in going to the athletics on the evening of Friday 5th. Cheers.

Hi Peter, I tried to PM you earlier but despite 30 years in IT I failed miserably I think - the dog had run out of food and the wife was in me ear. Let me know if you have anything still going.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wilby won in 59.25, his PB is 58.46. Whilst (solely) Peaty pre injury churns out incredible times like a metronome.

33D5A9BB-0ACA-45A4-BBF4-A7C7CE3A0A31.png

That race was a ‘damp’ squib, the BBC pool and studio teams palpably deflated.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
One of the hosts on our Track Cycling days got wiped out in the Men's Keirin and then today with Matt Walls as well...scary stuff this Track Cycling...

Captain Vimes

Aug 22, 2008
We were at the velodrome this morning when that huge crash happened. We were walking round just to the left. Very scary watching it live and the ensuing medical emergency.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Wilby won in 59.25, his PB is 58.46. Whilst (solely) Peaty pre injury churns out incredible times like a metronome.

View attachment 150489

That race was a ‘damp’ squib, the BBC pool and studio teams palpably deflated.

Regardless of the result today, Peaty is an absolute freak of nature. When people talk about legends of the sport, he really is one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just heard the most magnificent AlanPartridge-ism on the BBC: "He's just lifted the equivalent of a car engine or a male gorilla" :lolol:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
We were at the velodrome this morning when that huge crash happened. We were walking round just to the left. Very scary watching it live and the ensuing medical emergency.

We have done 77 sessions with GB Olympians and only 3 crashes...the racing is usually track free against the clock and the time set by the Olympian on the day.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Another sensational night in the pool. Wish I had tried to get tickets for these now, they're all having an absolute ball.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Incredible end to the 3x3 Men's Basketball Gold medal match between England and Australia.

No spoilers...but well worth staying up for on Today at the Games later tonight.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just watched England beat Australia with the last throw in the basketball.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here