[Other Sport] Birmingham Commonwealth Games

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There is only one thing more pointless than the Commonwealth games, and that's the Commonwealth ..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Only going one way this

Bowls.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Triathlon is always a great watch as much with the unpredictability of the bike leg as anything.

Alex Yee (ENG) v Hayden Wilde (NZ) at 11am and Georgia Taylor-Brown (ENG) v Flora Duffy (BER) at 2:30pm.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That opening ceremony gave me a headache. What was the Biggins wannabe in a hot air balloon all about? I didn't know the Montgolfier brothers were born in Brum. It might have been relevant but I could not understand a word of what he was singing/saying.

And as for Duran Duran, how shocking was that. Le Bon's voice aint what it was. I kept waiting for them to sing "Gold"....until I remembered that was Spandau Ballet. I think the booker got the wrong band.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That opening ceremony gave me a headache. What was the Biggins wannabe in a hot air balloon all about? I didn't know the Montgolfier brothers were born in Brum. It might have been relevant but I could not understand a word of what he was singing/saying.

And as for Duran Duran, how shocking was that. Le Bon's voice aint what it was. I kept waiting for them to sing "Gold"....until I remembered that was Spandau Ballet. I think the booker got the wrong band.

The chatter this morning is it was better than London 2012 opening ceremony.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yee 15 seconds down after the swim. 3 clear at the front on lap 1 of 4 of the bike leg and he's not one of them.

But he's normally the best runner in the field, so all is not lost.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yee 16 seconds down at the end of the bike leg.

Here we go - he's going to pick them off!

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
The chatter this morning is it was better than London 2012 opening ceremony.

Surely not - it was a bad version of Danny Boyles 2012 show . So ten years out of date and clearly Birmingham ain't London . Dreadful and embarassing for Birmingham - Terri BULL in fact !!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great run by Yee who was so strong on the hill climb.

A shame that we were denied the sprint finish with Wilde getting the 10 second penalty, but Yee would've outsprinted him anyway.

First gold of the Games to England.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Goooo on Alec!

:clap:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've been looking at the Commonwealth Games ticketing website and it's MENTAL how many tickets are still available - and so cheap as well. Just bagged a couple for the Swimming and a couple for the Athletics next week - less than £100 for 4 tickets. Very impressed, but also sad at how easy it has been to get them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
#1 in the world Aussies in trouble v India at Edgbaston.

21/3 with the big three gone chasing 155

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I can't wait for the Beach Volley Ball. My dentist Suzanna is one of the Umpires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports