Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Sheebo is right although it was Facebook, not Twitter. Lynch called the management team c***s and said no-one had checked on him to see how he was doing when out on loan but Dean White said he had rung up once a week so Lynch was lying. He did put in a transfer request also.

He certainly didn't leave with a lot of grace but I felt some sympathy for him being left out for Hawkins. Lynch is far from the only Albion player to put in a transfer request.

I was merely commenting on his celebration on Saturday - it was hardly Dean Hammond-esque.

SS_SS

Nov 19, 2011
Billy Sharp on Twitter: "Oh and just to clear my mistake about who won league 1 last year what I meant to say was hope we can get promoted like last year. #sillyme"

:drama: Problem solved, no banner needed.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Billy Sharp on Twitter: "Oh and just to clear my mistake about who won league 1 last year what I meant to say was hope we can get promoted like last year #sillyme.

schoolboy error from young Billy. He'll face the wrath of Kim Jung nige for failing to keep up the truth

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I just put on record that I do dislike Saints and stuffing them at the Amex was SWEET. I have no problem admitting I have no time for them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He certainly didn't leave with a lot of grace but I felt some sympathy for him being left out for Hawkins. Lynch is far from the only Albion player to put in a transfer request.

I was merely commenting on his celebration on Saturday - it was hardly Dean Hammond-esque.

Given that the Albion faithful were singing 'Brighton reject' at him during the match, what exactly do people expect?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Given that the Albion faithful were singing 'Brighton reject' at him during the match, what exactly do people expect?

Wasn't there but given that he bad mouthed the club on facebook for all to see WHAT DID HE EXPECT?

Precisely. Some people are so PRECIOUS, and need to grow a pair of BOLLOCKS.

Me?!

Wasn't there but given that he bad mouthed the club on facebook for all to see WHAT DID HE EXPECT?

Me?!

Not you in particular. But it does seem that for some people it's fine for supporters to give a player grief when he leaves a club in less than perfect circumstances, but not okay if the player gives a bit back. Not that he did. I was there, but didn't see anything from Lynch other than pleasure at rescuing his side a point deep into injury time. He certainly didn't do an Adebayor.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not you in particular. But it does seem that for some people it's fine for supporters to give a player grief when he leaves a club in less than perfect circumstances, but not okay if the player gives a bit back. Not that he did. I was there, but didn't see anything from Lynch other than pleasure at rescuing his side a point deep into injury time. He certainly didn't do an Adebayor.

Wasn't saying he did an Adebayor just noted he wheeled away and it was no suprise. Nobody gave Lynch grief when he left that I know of until he slated the club. Still, it doesn't matter. I personally didn't think much of him for using the cash machine in the Sportsman 1 hr before kick off in a game he was STARTING!

I did see him in Ebo presinct not so long ago - I assume you must know him ;)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two biggest clubs in Spain and have been competing with each other for the title for the entirety of their existences. A rivalry between them is natural. Brighton and Crystal Palace are rivals because... they had a few heated games in the 70s. Apart from that there's no connection whatsoever between the two clubs. Like I said, you lot were/are desperate for a rivalry and you'd use any excuse to create one.
Prior to Crystal Palace, our rivals were Portsmouth and Bournemouth, who are still rivals but not the same intensity as Palace.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lynch would have had more grief if he played for a rival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here