Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
He did say that, but when he said we won the league last year quickly changed it to they won the league last year.

Start listening at 2mins

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17512100

Yeah but the 'they' he is referring to is Southampton because he says "And obviously we can do it again this year." Oh well. I'll be glad when he's out of this league tbh.

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
He didn't?! Surely...

I love the idea that when he turned up at St. Mary's, they told him "oh yeah, we won the league last year...sorry...what do you mean SIXTEEN points clear? We won the league, and we'll hear no more about it!"

Yes, because despite being top of the league and probably heading for the Premier League (ugh, so arrogant, right?), finishing a couple of points behind Brighton last year is a constant source of embarrassment to us. We think about it all the time. Like Poyet said at the time, "In ten years time, people will remember that Brighton won this league, not Southampton" (because, y'know, we're the arrogant ones who lack class). He was right. Brighton winning League One will be remembered forever.

Was very surprised by that, but it seems (see Hammond, Adkins, non-guard of honour, their fans) when you jump in with the SCC you have to forego that little unimportant thing called "Class".

I know. How DARE he celebrate a goal! So out of order. Judging by your antics last year at the Amex (programme cover, PA, stadium music, frothing at the mouth abuse of Adkins, etc), Poyet's comments on Suarez, your teams persistent diving and cheating and your fans' constant, pointless hatred of us, to the point where you'll chastise one of our players for celebrating a goal, we're not the ones who lack class.

Your obsession with us is quite cute though. It's always a source of amusement when little clubs with no proper rivals like you and Bournemouth call us 'scummers' and try to start rivalries. Sorry, am I being arrogant? :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Your obsession with us is quite cute though. It's always a source of amusement when little clubs with no proper rivals like you and Bournemouth call us 'scummers' and try to start rivalries. Sorry, am I being arrogant? :D
No, you're just showing you don't know much about football.

We have no rivals? That's news to me and indeed most of the football fan community, of which you are clearly a newcomer. And Bournemouth will be your rivals when Portsmouth go tits up anyway.

SS_SS

Nov 19, 2011
Had a lot of respect and sympathy for Sharp after his personal tragedy but thought his goal celebrations on Saturday were uncalled for after the support he had from Donny both as a club and from its fans. Thought he might have shown a little more restraint.

Someone on here said they would rather we had Sharp than CMS. OK Sharp maybe seen as a bit more clinical as a finisher.

I know CMS didn't score in either of our games against Posh but he said the right things just in case he did and that he would not celebrate big time. It was noticeable in the away game at London Road the reception that CMS got from 95% of Posh fans and there was a nice little moment just as the players lined up for the kick off CMS quietly turned to the new stand and discretely applauded in their direction to which a big section of the crowd stood and gave him an ovation. No bad mouthing, just appreciation of a good player. I didn't begrudge him that moment. Seconds later the match started and CMS was 100% for the Albion. Class all around. I'm not sure that Donny fans would agree about their ex-player.

He jogged with no expression on his face at all, other than relief, towards a kid no older than 4 in the crowd who held his hand out for a high-five.

Lets be honest, if he played for any other club than Southampton, you wouldn't give a toss.

And to say you'd rather have CMS who cost upwards of £3m(?) than Sharp who cost £1.8m and is a prolific Championship goalscorer when he plays is ridiculous.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
First thing i asked today when talking about it with a mate who said he was booked for over celebrating - very suprising.

On that note, I always had Lynch down as a twat (didn't he slag BHA off on twitter once as well as handing in a sulky transfer request after 3 games of the season cos Adam's left him on bench?) and it was no suprise he reeled away like he'd scored the winner in the WC final. No class. Whereas someone like Dean Cox had a lot of class about him when he scored a screamer vs us...

Unless I missed something, I think you're being a bit harsh on Lynch. He'd just scored an injury-time equaliser for a side battling against relegation. He ran towards the Forset fans - can't see what's wrong with that.

Is he really supposed to put his head down and calmly walk back to his half?

I think this not celebrating after scoring against a club you once played for is a load of nonsense.

Yes, because despite being top of the league and probably heading for the Premier League (ugh, so arrogant, right?), finishing a couple of points behind Brighton last year is a constant source of embarrassment to us. We think about it all the time. Like Poyet said at the time, "In ten years time, people will remember that Brighton won this league, not Southampton" (because, y'know, we're the arrogant ones who lack class). He was right. Brighton winning League One will be remembered forever.

I know. How DARE he celebrate a goal! So out of order. Judging by your antics last year at the Amex (programme cover, PA, stadium music, frothing at the mouth abuse of Adkins, etc), Poyet's comments on Suarez, your teams persistent diving and cheating and your fans' constant, pointless hatred of us, to the point where you'll chastise one of our players for celebrating a goal, we're not the ones who lack class.

Remind me again please, is this NSC, a Brighton fans forum that you registered on and post on and you call us obsessed.

Be gone with you you frightful person.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

We have no rivals? That's news to me and indeed most of the football fan community, of which you are clearly a newcomer. And Bournemouth will be your rivals when Portsmouth go tits up anyway.

Quite. Seems this laddie is new to football.

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011

I said 'proper rival'. Palace and you are not proper rivals. You're 50 odd miles apart. It's an artificial rivalry created because you've got no one else near you to hate.

Remind me again please, is this NSC, a Brighton fans forum that you registered on and post on and you call us obsessed.

Be gone with you you frightful person.

Yes, because taking 30 seconds to register on a site in order to correct a load of idiotic statements clearly proves I am obsessed...

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I said 'proper rival'. Palace and you are not proper rivals. You're 50 odd miles apart. It's an artificial rivalry created because you've got no one else near you to hate.

Yes, because taking 30 seconds to register on a site in order to correct a load of idiotic statements clearly proves I am obsessed...

With your logic Real Madrid vs Barcelona aren't proper rivals even though it is seen by most as one of the biggest in the world. Do you know what rivalry actually is?

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
With your logic Real Madrid vs Barcelona aren't proper rivals even though it is seen by most as one of the biggest in the world. Do you know what rivalry actually is?

Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two biggest clubs in Spain and have been competing with each other for the title for the entirety of their existences. A rivalry between them is natural. Brighton and Crystal Palace are rivals because... they had a few heated games in the 70s. Apart from that there's no connection whatsoever between the two clubs. Like I said, you lot were/are desperate for a rivalry and you'd use any excuse to create one.

Be gone you poor obsessed fool.

It's not too late, immerse yourself in the Video of 76 and Le Tiss's penalties and your enthusiasm for Saints will I'm sure return and your obsession with us will dwindle.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Quite simply the most stupid post i've ever read....

What a MUG

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
Of course he doesn't. He's a "soccer" newbie.

Yes, because Palace-Brighton is a huge, passionate, historic rivalry that is not at all manufactured, forced and cringe-worthy. Only a "soccer" newbie would fail to recognise that...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two biggest clubs in Spain and have been competing with each other for the title for the entirety of their existences. A rivalry between them is natural. Brighton and Crystal Palace are rivals because... they had a few heated games in the 70s. Apart from that there's no connection whatsoever between the two clubs. Like I said, you lot were/are desperate for a rivalry and you'd use any excuse to create one.
***puts away "Soccer For Dummies"***

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

And Man Utd vs Liverpool can't be a rivalry either as they are around 35 miles apart

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know a LOT of Saints fans, unsurprisingly, given where I live.

Despite what the ones who post on here would lead you to believe, they are actually not ALL utter cocks.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Yes, because Palace-Brighton is a huge, passionate, historic rivalry that is not at all manufactured, forced and cringe-worthy. Only a "soccer" newbie would fail to recognise that...
dunce.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here