Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Barndoor Paynter

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm very reluctant to slage off an individual player BUT Paynter has been a total waste of space. He can't run (lazy, slow) and he can't jump. His control is poor and on the rare ocassions he's had half a sight of goal he's been like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights. Oh, and hb&b was defending him so that confirms how useless he is.

Give Hoskins a go.

PG

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It really pisses me off to see players who turn out for Brighton given these sorts of nicknames.

I guess some people think they are acting big by jumping on the bandwagon and perpetuating the insulting nickname.

Criticism is fine but not this kind of insulting name that gets institutionalised by the morons on here.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It really pisses me off to see players who turn out for Brighton given these sorts of nicknames.

I guess some people think they are acting big by jumping on the bandwagon and perpetuating the insulting nickname.

Criticism is fine but not this kind of insulting name that gets institutionalised by the morons on here.

Definitely this.

This weekend, above most others, serves as a reminder that we never really know what shit people are dealing with on the inside, that earning above average wages does not make people immune to being negatively affected by things.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've been wondering if he's got dodgy football boots, like someone's put loads of lead in them for a joke. At least that would explain why he moves slower than my nan, and why he can't jump very high.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Agree that barndoor is a completely inappropriate name.

For all we know he might be very accurate at shooting, but we won't find out unless he manages to have a shot. Perhaps he will by the end of the season if we extend his loan.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've been wondering if he's got dodgy football boots, like someone's put loads of lead in them for a joke. At least that would explain why he moves slower than my nan, and why he can't jump very high.

It's like an episode of 'Billy's Boots', the comic strip from the 1970s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy's_Boots

He needs to locate the boots of 'Dead Shot' Keen before it's too late!

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

you are such a boring one trick pony get a f***ing life

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The irony was the plastic tesco bag that floated across the pitch just after he was subsitituted was more memorable

the link up play with CMS was pretty good too...

313620_10150976770240532_641880531_21772852_268299379_n.jpg

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Billy Paynter, Fat, Slow, Wins nothing in the air and has a poor first touch. I remember all those sort of things being said about Chris Wood last season but Gus got it right there so why not give Paynter a chance and see what he brings to us over a period of time?

D

Deleted member 2719

Both Paynter and Harley are improving so let's just see if Gus and the staff can get what we are looking from them to see if we need different options come January.

If Paynter had won that penalty (which imo was a deffo)we would be saying well done in the way he drew the player to foul him and it's good to see something different.

We really do need to support all our players in our first season back in the championship only 1 point out of the play offs.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
you are such a boring one trick pony get a f***ing life

Hello again stalker. Perhaps you would help me get a life by describing exactly what that trick is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here