Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Barndoor Paynter

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What was the score today? I thought we'd won but i must be mistaken given the negativity here.

Both players mentioned above played an active part in achieving that result so lay off them ffs, they are our players and if Gus thinks they are worthy of a first team place then thats more than enough for me and he's someone whose judgement I would believe far more than a few fans on here who seem to have a personal dislike of a player or even people who still like to pass a negative judgement against a player but didn't actually watch the performance today (like Piltdown man i'm guessing with his Harley comment)

How does slagging one or more of OUR players off help us to achieve better results where it matters? Especially after a win? What are you trying to achieve, to depress everyone so that we fail miserably?

I did see his performance thank you. And slagging a player off as you put on here is hardly going to make a jot of difference to results is it?

The way we conceded space and procession in the third of the game today will not win us many games against better teams. If you can't comment whats the point of a message board?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I thought Harley had a much better game today he looked interested and got stuck in but Paynter I just don't see that one - poor gives nothing more than Barnes or my 7 year old son.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I did see his performance thank you. And slagging a player off as you put on here is hardly going to make a jot of difference to results is it?

The way we conceded space and procession in the third of the game today will not win us many games against better teams. If you can't comment whats the point of a message board?

Completely agree with this. Haven't seen him win a header, have a shot or hold the ball up! Send him back to Yorkshire because he adds nothing IMHO to our team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The irony was the plastic tesco bag that floated across the pitch just after he was subsitituted was more memorable

That was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Player ratings Brighton v coventry - Page 2

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What obvious goal scoring opportunities did he miss to deserve the tag 'barndoor'?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I've now seen him play in 4 games and have finally reached the conclusion that Paynter is not going to be the player we hoped. Barnes needs to start at Derby as he looked really good when he came on.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Harley had a shocker today must have been watching a different game to me

You can't have been at the game then as Me and everyone around me in west upper thought he was our best player and shouldn't have been taken off. Proof of that was when he did we had no one to break up coventrys game and we just sat deeper and deeper.

With players like Harley, you need to appreciate the work they do off the ball and in my and many others opinion he had his best game for us yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Barnes should be playing in that role.

This! Poor Barnes having to play left wing at first then centre mid when Kaz came on. :facepalm:

Im glad Poyets crown is slipping a bit as the adulation was gettin way over top. It seems he is, at the moment, a fairly decent Champ manager - which is fine by me.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I've now seen him play in 4 games and have finally reached the conclusion that Paynter is not going to be the player we hoped. Barnes needs to start at Derby as he looked really good when he came on.

amazed it took you that long. NSCers posted in their droves about this guy before he was even loaned out to us as a complete waste of time. But i guess what do we know!! Just because we post online doesnt mean we dont know our football.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You can't have been at the game then as Me and everyone around me in west upper thought he was our best player and shouldn't have been taken off. Proof of that was when he did we had no one to break up coventrys game and we just sat deeper and deeper.

With players like Harley, you need to appreciate the work they do off the ball and in my and many others opinion he had his best game for us yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Everyone around us in west lower thought Harley was rubbish. Again. He just plays at 50%. All the time. Even his supposed best assett, passing, was poor yesterday.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

The problem is that Barnes doesnt support CMS in the way Paynter is supposed to, or was brought in to. Paynter hasnt proved good enough though and hope we get better in Jan.

D

Deleted User X18H

He's not there JUST to score goals. He comes deep to win the ball, tries to get a flick on for Mackail-Smith. He looks for the ball instead on the ball coming to him causing oppostion problems as he closes them down when he can. I don't think his role has ever been out and out goal grtting centre foward. Should have had a penalty yesterday as well.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He's not there JUST to score goals. He comes deep to win the ball, tries to get a flick on for Mackail-Smith. He looks for the ball instead on the ball coming to him causing oppostion problems as he closes them down when he can. I don't think his role has ever been out and out goal grtting centre foward. Should have had a penalty yesterday as well.

He comes deep to win the ball because were not getting the service to either of them becasue we are struggling with our game at present.Plus what the point in him coming deep to pick up the ball, he isnt the man we need on the ball back there anyhow. then you merntion flick ons for mackail smith - he doesnt win much in the air either. Poor choice of loanee from Gus IMO, and made even worse by the fact that he has tried to get him once or twice before. I'd like to hear his justification for bringing him here considering he's been around for years and cant get a game anywhere else.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What slightly irritates me, is that all season Ashley has played largely out of position for the good of the team, eventually resulting in a dip of form. We then sign Paynter and play with 2 forwards.

I have seen Paynter in every game since he joined us and he is no improvement on what we already have. He wins very little in the air and gives possession up way to easily.

If he is supposed to give us a physical presence I'm afraid we need to consider other options.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What slightly irritates me, is that all season Ashley has played largely out of position for the good of the team, eventually resulting in a dip of form. We then sign Paynter and play with 2 forwards.

I have seen Paynter in every game since he joined us and he is no improvement on what we already have. He wins very little in the air and gives possession up way to easily.

If he is supposed to give us a physical presence I'm afraid we need to consider other options.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Paynter gives us something different. Remember he provided the flick on for the second goal against Barnsley which btw Harley scored.

Painter is far from the perfect answer but until January he is the only real target man we have. Barnes does not do a target man job, he is better dropping off. Also a lot of what Paynter does goes unnoticed as it involves making runs and pulling defenders away from CMS. The physical presence alone hives CMS more space, regardless of whether Paynter is doing anything with the ball.

And finally I though Harley had his best game yesterday, really showed why Gus bought him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here