Best album of the year so far (2012)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Also, Foster the People's Album Torches is exceptional. One of those albums you can listen to over and over and over again.

Very much looking forward to Netsky's album which in May I think.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Probably too mainstream for most on here but it's an amazingly good album

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Also, Foster the People's Album Torches is exceptional. One of those albums you can listen to over and over and over again.

Very much looking forward to Netsky's album which in May I think.

Are you suggesting this was a 2012 album? I may be mistaken but pretty sure it's been out a year or near on!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Killing Joke MMXII.

Listened to it a few times on Spotify,& this'll take some beating!
Officially gets released April 2nd ;)

Agree. Amazing that a band who are into their 33rd year have produced their best albums in the last 2 years (2010's 'Absolute Dissent' - not a duff track on it - and this year's MMXII). Why does Geordie (Walker) not get the recognition he deserves for being an awesome guitarist; the heavy riffs just keep on coming! If you see them live, he makes guitar-playing look effortless, while producing a ferocious wall of sound that almost makes your ears bleed!!

The new Stranglers album 'Giants' is bloody good, too; easily their best album since the early 1980s, with Jean-Jacques Burnel's brilliant bass sound and Dave Greenfield's swirling Doors-style keyboards both making a welcome comeback.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Agree. Amazing that a band who are into their 33rd year have produced their best albums in the last 2 years (2010's 'Absolute Dissent' - not a duff track on it - and this year's MMXII). Why does Geordie (Walker) not get the recognition he deserves for being an awesome guitarist; the heavy riffs just keep on coming! If you see them live, he makes guitar-playing look effortless, while producing a ferocious wall of sound that almost makes your ears bleed!!

The new Stranglers album 'Giants' is bloody good, too; easily their best album since the early 1980s, with Jean-Jacques Burnel's brilliant bass sound and Dave Greenfield's swirling Doors-style keyboards both making a welcome comeback.

Geordie = Genius

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Haven't had a proper sit down with this album yet, but in passing it does sound very decent.

Another album I need to get hold of, this is supposed to be a good debut album;

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The 2 Bears 'Be Strong'.......very good album

Good call. I've been playing this a lot. I love Warm and Easy.

My shout is Aparrat Organ Quartet's Polyfonia.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
The 2 Bears 'Be Strong'.......very good album

Good call. I've been playing this a lot. I love Warm and Easy.

My shout is Aparrat Organ Quartet's Polyfonia.

Put this on this morning as recommended on this thread and half way through the first track I already want this album, nice one!

Edit. The2Bears that is

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Put this on this morning as recommended on this thread and half way through the first track I already want this album, nice one!

Edit. The2Bears that is

:thumbsup:

It's on my CD player right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports