Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best album of the year so far (2012)

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
As the first quarter of the year draws in, what's your favourite album so far this year.

I'll start us off: Blood red shoes - In time to voices. A brilliant album:guitar:

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Killing Joke MMXII.

Listened to it a few times on Spotify,& this'll take some beating!
Officially gets released April 2nd ;)

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Given To The Wild - The Maccabees.

Very rare for a band to do a quality third album. Many bands get "third album syndrome" and do shit, not them, their new album is class, topping, genius.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Frank Turner - England Keep My Bone.

Going to see him at Wembley next month supported by Billy Bragg

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Frank Turner - England Keep My Bone.

Going to see him at Wembley next month supported by Billy Bragg

This would easily be up there for me! I must also say he is a class act live, so much energy, has a real enthusiasm for music, enjoy.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Given To The Wild - The Maccabees.

Very rare for a band to do a quality third album. Many bands get "third album syndrome" and do shit, not them, their new album is class, topping, genius.

haha, i could name a few, the disappointment of the Black Crowes 3rd album hit me hard......(oasis, nirvana too etec, etc)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
who's that band that did that single that was at no. 1 for a while a couple of weeks back, was it 'someone i used to know'? just curious if anyone bought the album and if it was any good?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Like Blood Red Shoes too.

Album i'm most looking forward to is 'In the belly of the brazen bull' by The Cribs

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
who's that band that did that single that was at no. 1 for a while a couple of weeks back, was it 'someone i used to know'? just curious if anyone bought the album and if it was any good?

Gotye. He's a male singer himself, not a band. However "Somebody That I used to know" is featuring female singer Kimbra.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I have nothing to add other than "Thank You"..keep the recommendations coming.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
cheers, any good?

I haven't got it myself, however, there are many reviews on the internet that may be worth a read. Also, I imagine the majority (if not all) songs will be on youtube for a listen, that's what a shot before you buy (if you do)

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Album i'm most looking forward to is 'In the belly of the brazen bull' by The Cribs

This.

Even though it was great to Johnny Marr playing with them, I think they're much better off as a three piece and if the songs they've already released are anything to by it should be a fantastic album.

My favourite albums of the year so far are the Howler album and The Lion's Roar by First Aid Kit

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I'm putting a bet on that Django Django will be nominated for the Mercury. Other than that, The Maccabees album is quite astonishing in places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here