Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
That 2 Bears album is splendid. Also: America Give Up by Howler for those who'd given up on jangly indie. And the Coxon album which is all dancey. Glad someone said that Band of Skulls album. Springsteen's one is his best work for aaaages.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That 2 Bears album is splendid. Also: America Give Up by Howler for those who'd given up on jangly indie. And the Coxon album which is all dancey. Glad someone said that Band of Skulls album. Springsteen's one is his best work for aaaages.

I have read some stuff written by the Howler singer. He seems a fun chap and I hope to see them at The Great Escape.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Robert Pollard/ Guided By Voices are having a prolific run (even by his standards) and the quality just keeps being delivered ... at least 2 more albums due over the next couple of months

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Men - Open Your Heart

Fans of sebadoh yo la tengo dinosaur jr etc should check it out.

listened to a couple of tracks, top recommendation, more than a touch of Husker Du going on there .... which is of course a VERY good thing ..... thanks for this .... better than anything new I've heard on 6music over the last few weeks

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
listened to a couple of tracks, top recommendation, more than a touch of Husker Du going on there .... which is of course a VERY good thing ..... thanks for this .... better than anything new I've heard on 6music over the last few weeks

Just listened on youtube...99% buzzcocks !!

'Ever fallen in love etc etc'

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here's one from left field.

Really enjoying Thick as a Brick 2 by Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson. Even going to Guildford to see him perform TAAB 1 & 2 Live in a couple of weeks. Superb production too by the same guy who recently remastered Aqualung.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I really like Barton Hollow by The Civil Wars too.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Cornershop's will be awesome when they manage to release it, a compilation of 2011's six Singhles Club releases and some new stuff - ordered pre-release on vinyl and waiting excitedly.

Also, Hermitude's album Hyperparadise is pretty cool.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Loving Lana Del Ray and Feeders albums - fantastic.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've been a bit slack this year only two albums purchased - Sleigh Bells & Perfume Genius. Considering the new Jack White album along with Paul Weller & Spiritualised anyone listened to these yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here