Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Benn vs Eubank

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Theres def more to this, the peds hes been taking are worse than they sound. Its a masking agent When males take it, it then gives an increase in testosterone. If this fight goes ahead then its just a complete mockery. Like frampton said any kind of ped there should be a ban for life

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also interesting backdrop - DAZN making serious losses. Mass layoffs happening at the moment as well

Just in: DAZN is laying off staff - including software engineers - in their Amsterdam office.

DAZN is a sports streaming company, "the Netflix for sports", funded by Ukrainian-born billionaire Len Blavatnik. The company got a $4.3B investment from Blavatnik in Feb.

Also shelved an IPO - https://www.axios.com/2022/09/27/dazn-pauses-ipo-plans-makes-buy

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
What makes you think this? I have no agenda, just curious.

It's honestly much more common than you think.

You can be pretty sure any athlete going up circa 10lbs of lean muscle mass, in just a few months has been on something. Especially when you consider the amount of cardio they are doing. It's especially common among the heavyweights. And as I said earlier, there is absolutely zero chance that Clomid alone achieves this.

It's a really taboo subject, but on the inside it's very common and fairly well known about. I've seen a lot of fake outrage from certain boxers/former boxers on Twitter, one of which I know for a fact had previously been taking PEDs. :lolol:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
DAZN are finished. The user experience is poor, no one cares about the majority of their content, and now they are charging extra for the fights anyone really wants to see. losing this fight will be pretty catastrophic Id imagine.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

You can be pretty sure any athlete going up circa 10lbs of lean muscle mass, in just a few months has been on something. Especially when you consider the amount of cardio they are doing. It's especially common among the heavyweights. And as I said earlier, there is absolutely zero chance that Clomid alone achieves this.

It's a really taboo subject, but on the inside it's very common and fairly well known about. I've seen a lot of fake outrage from certain boxers/former boxers on Twitter, one of which I know for a fact had previously been taking PEDs. :lolol:

As a boxing fan Its not great to hear this but just confirms the uncomfortable truth.

I think PED's are widely available now aren't they, even in local gyms? Its therefore unsurprising that you would find them being used In a sport like Boxing, where there are so many different sanctioning bodies and no consistency around drug testing, and, where there is a significant amounts of money involved.

The Boxing community is also pretty good at sweeping things under the carpet. In other sports (cycling, athletics etc) someone tests positive and their reputation is forever tarnished, however in boxing its often never mentioned again! There have been so many high profile cases (Canelo, Fury etc) where the sanctions have been minimal and it has had very little affect on the fighters overall career.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thank you. Interesting.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So is it on or off?

It won’t go ahead.
If they have to get a different licence it’s tarnished and downgraded.
For now they’re trying to protect the money, but at some point this week the promoters will realise it is untenable.
Eddie Hearn won’t starve but in business terms it’s been a disastrous week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just imagine if you had tickets, travel and accommodation all booked up for this. Steaming wouldn't even come close to covering it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Suggestions from press there is called off - announcement expected at 5

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Also interesting backdrop - DAZN making serious losses. Mass layoffs happening at the moment as well

Just in: DAZN is laying off staff - including software engineers - in their Amsterdam office.

DAZN is a sports streaming company, "the Netflix for sports", funded by Ukrainian-born billionaire Len Blavatnik. The company got a $4.3B investment from Blavatnik in Feb.

Also shelved an IPO - https://www.axios.com/2022/09/27/dazn-pauses-ipo-plans-makes-buy

Interesting. They've just soft launched DAZN Bet which they have spent a small fortune doing so, they've basically headhunted the a lot of the top brass from Entain (Lads/Coral/Bwin).

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Pick your potato:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/l...s-drugs-test-ahead-Chris-Eubank-Jr-fight.html

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1211441/chris-eubank-jr-vs-conor-benn-off-postponed-drugs/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2001...e-updates-failed-drug-test-eddie-hearn-fight/

ETA It looks like they've also binned the undercard so not only has Benn deprived Junior of a pay day he has shafted all the undercard boxers too. Hopefully it will cost Hearn a hefty wedge to compensate the boxers who have lost out. He should also have to pay for all those fans out of pocket for travel & accommodation too.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Next Saturday is the all women card postponed due to HM dying. Live on Sky Sports. Top of the bill is the undisputed middleweight clash between American Clarissa Shields and our own Savannah Marshall. Shields has only been beaten once - as an amateur - by Marshall. Shields is a clever, quick boxer but Marshall will turn her lights out.

Brilliant undercard too featuring Olympian Caroline Dubois in her third professional fight, and 4 x world kickboxing champion, Welsh international footballer and 2020 Olympic gold medalist Lauren Price.

Also on the bill Mikaela Mayer takes on Alycia Baumgardner for the WBC, WBO and IBF super-featherweight world titles. Could be a good scrap; they really don't like each other.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They’ve known for 2 weeks and not thought to get the B sample analysed in that time. What a joke.

Hearne & Benn - dodgy as

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here