Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Benn vs Eubank

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On top of this there is now a very strong rumour that Eubank Senior has been sectioned under the mental health act, in light of Senior’s perceived ‘demons’ over Michael Watson, the death of his second son Sebastian last year and the fact that the Eubank camp knew about the drug test failure last month it appears things may have got on top of him.

There’s a touch of marmite about all of us and he’s a character that polarises opinion, but I know how hard the struggles with mental health can be, I hope he gets the help he needs and is soon back enjoying life with his family.

Given your recent threads about Bristol Zoo closing and the Leicester news blackout I’ll take this rumour with a huge pinch of salt.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Given your recent threads about Bristol Zoo closing and the Leicester news blackout I’ll take this rumour with a huge pinch of salt.

Sadly it’s absolutely true re: Chris Sr. Some absolute scumbag sold his intake forms to a boxing “news” website, who published them. I hope there is a full investigation and the cretin is duly dismissed and hopefully prosecuted. People go to hospitals to get better, not to be shamed on the internet. Eubank has had a horrible few years, losing a son, public comments about his distress over what happened with Watson, and goodness knows what else in his private life.

The article from the website was removed along with their tweets, and there has been general uproar in the boxing community over this frankly despicable act.

I wish Chris all the very best in his speedy recovery.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sadly it’s absolutely true re: Chris Sr. Some absolute scumbag sold his intake forms to a boxing “news” website, who published them. I hope there is a full investigation and the cretin is duly dismissed and hopefully prosecuted. People go to hospitals to get better, not to be shamed on the internet. Eubank has had a horrible few years, losing a son, public comments about his distress over what happened with Watson, and goodness knows what else in his private life.

The article from the website was removed along with their tweets, and there has been general uproar in the boxing community over this frankly despicable act.

Not sure he’d be happy to see it being discussed on here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1578871037214613504[/tweet]

:Nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thanks for clarifying and yes it is sad, not only for his health but also the breach of his privacy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really are a tosser sometimes 😂

Charming. I think my point was valid given those two threads but maybe I should have added a smiling emoji to convey the tone.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not sure he’d be happy to see it being discussed on here.

Which is why I didn’t discuss the details of the intake form, the hospital etc. simply clarified it is the truth and wished the man well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think he also had some financial issues as well. A lot of pressure for one person to carry and carry in the public eye. Eubank as his eccentricities have always amused me and he’s always come across as a decent person.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Which is why I didn’t discuss the details of the intake form, the hospital etc. simply clarified it is the truth and wished the man well.

Having suffered myself, I wasn’t gossiping, just wanted to put everything in context, this drug shit storm’s tentacles have far reaching consequences.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Senior pulls no punches on White and Jordan this morning.

With the obvious back story I hope he's (Senior that is) is getting the help he clearly needs at this time?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Don’t know about you Wookie, but I don’t think this is going to go away for Hearn and to a lesser degree Sauerland?

Benn is probably looking at a potential career ending ban, because even after that ends will any credible opponent go near him?

But it’s the Hearn dynamic that’s equally as intriguing, if they knew he was juiced up, not just for this contest but previous fights, then Eubank Senior’s words are quite telling, culpable attempted homicide?

Where does this leave DAZN a huge global sports company of which Hearn is just a small cog, will they get rid?

And what of Sky, Matchroom and the PDC, if Hearn is ‘damaged goods’ will Darts have to get shot of him to preserve mass coverage?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Senior pulls no punches on White and Jordan this morning.

With the obvious back story I hope he's (Senior that is) is getting the help he clearly needs at this time?
TBF, senior never did pull punches (verbal even more than physical in the ring!)

..........and he wasn't shabby in the ring!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Don’t know about you Wookie, but I don’t think this is going to go away for Hearn and to a lesser degree Sauerland?

Benn is probably looking at a potential career ending ban, because even after that ends will any credible opponent go near him?

But it’s the Hearn dynamic that’s equally as intriguing, if they knew he was juiced up, not just for this contest but previous fights, then Eubank Senior’s words are quite telling, culpable attempted homicide?

Where does this leave DAZN a huge global sports company of which Hearn is just a small cog, will they get rid?

And what of Sky, Matchroom and the PDC, if Hearn is ‘damaged goods’ will Darts have to get shot of him to preserve mass coverage?
I went to a live podcast interview with Tony Bellew at Rockwater last night and afterwards he did a Q&A. He was quite confident that when everything comes out in the wash that Hearn will be exonerated from any wrong doing. He said that Hearn is the only honest promoter in the sport.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I went to a live podcast interview with Tony Bellew at Rockwater last night and afterwards he did a Q&A. He was quite confident that when everything comes out in the wash that Hearn will be exonerated from any wrong doing. He said that Hearn is the only honest promoter in the sport.
He is a Scouser mind you 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here