Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Benn vs Eubank

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Gives up his licence instead of trying to clear his name…maybe he was using the dark arts after all. Can’t see Connor Benn ever coming back to professional boxing now with this dark cloud hanging over him.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I heard earlier on the excellent George groves podcast, If Conor Benn was found with ‘trace amounts of fertility drug’ and banned, what would happen if a female boxer were to have the same findings ? Does raise a question I’d not even thought about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I heard earlier on the excellent George groves podcast, If Conor Benn was found with ‘trace amounts of fertility drug’ and banned, what would happen if a female boxer were to have the same findings ? Does raise a question I’d not even thought about.
It doesn’t raise a question; this is well documented. If any athlete is caught using any prohibited substance they will most likely be banned. That said, athletes can apply for a therapeutic use exemption, if there’s a genuine medical need though. Without a TUE in place then they’re in bother.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gives up his licence instead of trying to clear his name…maybe he was using the dark arts after all. Can’t see Connor Benn ever coming back to professional boxing now with this dark cloud hanging over him.
It has been stated by Benn, the misconduct charge is a separate issue to the negative drugs test. Aside from taking female fertility drugs…what else has he been up to?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
It doesn’t raise a question; this is well documented. If any athlete is caught using any prohibited substance they will most likely be banned. That said, athletes can apply for a therapeutic use exemption, if there’s a genuine medical need though. Without a TUE in place then they’re in

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
It raised a question on a a former world boxing champions podcast. So it did raise a question. Lower your tone 👍🏻

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It raised a question on a a former world boxing champions podcast. So it did raise a question. Lower your tone 👍🏻
Okay. In this case, it is very strange such a decorated boxer didn’t know this.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apparently another ongoing side issue is a number of complaints to Trading Standards.

The PPV was £19.99 but with a further 7.99 one off monthly subscription to DAZN, (£27.98 in total) but DAZN are only refunding the £19.99, with an estimated 500,000 buys prior to the fight getting called off that’s a nice little pot sitting there.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
It has been stated by Benn, the misconduct charge is a separate issue to the negative drugs test. Aside from taking female fertility drugs…what else has he been up to?
Apparently another ongoing side issue is a number of complaints to Trading Standards.

The PPV was £19.99 but with a further 7.99 one off monthly subscription to DAZN, (£27.98 in total) but DAZN are only refunding the £19.99, with an estimated 500,000 buys prior to the fight getting called off that’s a nice little pot sitting there

I didn’t know people had to buy a months subscription as well ! Bit of a scam that.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

The PPV was £19.99 but with a further 7.99 one off monthly subscription to DAZN, (£27.98 in total) but DAZN are only refunding the £19.99, with an estimated 500,000 buys prior to the fight getting called off that’s a nice little pot sitting there.
This comes as no surprise to me nor those who read my post after I researched the DAZN scam. Before they shafted huge numbers over the Junior v Drugs Cheat fight there were already many hundreds (if not thousands - I couldn't read them all) of complaints about DAZN.

Here is the link to TrustPilot (91% 1* reviews)

DAZN is a scam and the quickest way to bring about its demise is never to subscribe.

ETA Just found a 5* review from an "IanH" in GB :lolol:

Last edited:

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
This comes as no surprise to me nor those who read my post after I researched the DAZN scam. Before they shafted huge numbers over the Junior v Drugs Cheat fight there were already many hundreds (if not thousands - I couldn't read them all) of complaints about DAZN.

Here is the link to TrustPilot (91% 1* reviews)

DAZN is a scam and the quickest way to bring about its demise is never to subscribe.

ETA Just found a 5* review from an "IanH" in GB :lolol:
How is DAZN a scam ? I don’t mind paying the £7.99 a month. I get what I pay for. Them starting ppv was always going to happen despite what was first said. The issue brought up by Lenny re. paying the monthly subscription on top of the ppv isnt good to be fair. But that doesn’t affect the boxing fan just the casual fans and I hope that matter gets sorted out.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm surprised to see DAZN with such a bad reputation. They were very good in Japan, although now they've lost the premier league I really need to cancel my subscription.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Is that any different to a sky PPV though? You have to be a customer of sky to buy the PPV but you wouldn’t get your sky subscription back if a PPV didn’t go ahead!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1 in July and 1 in September ! I just don’t get it. Why after failing the vada test in July was that not revealed ? This stinks.
I read the Eddie Hearn has stated the July test wasn’t revealed as it’s not his obligation, it’s BBBC. But a few weeks ago he blamed them for leaking the September test :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here