Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Azure need to booted out.

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
Just had quick look at Azure website and it says they have a five year contract!! So better get used to things. I left for toilet with about 30 seconds of first half left and even the queue at the kiosks then when dreadful theres no way I would join that I'd rather go with out.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I've given up on beer and food at halftime not worth leaving early, time it takes to be served and the little time u have left to eat and drink it. Shame because I bet we are losing a lot of revenue. I also don't like the pies and burgers cold. Big shame. WSL

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Going slightly off topic but the fact is that there isn't time to buy something to eat/drink AND take a wazz at half-time unless you're prepared to miss some of the game (and I'm not). I've said this before but it beggars belief that they continue to run out of pies and Harvey's, FFS, stock a bit more!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On one of the coldest days so far at the Amex the inability to make the pies hot does smack of total incompetence.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I really cannot understand how people get so wound up about the food at The Amex. It's a football match, not a night out at a restaurant. I buy a pie and a drink at pretty much every match, but if they don't have any I don't give a shit. I don't plan my daily intake of food around a visit to a football stadium. Go for two hours without eating, eat before you go, it's not difficult. Stop boring everyone to death with shit stories about queues and stock levels.

This.

Anyone that complains about any anything about the amex needs to take a LONG look at themselves. seriiously. 'oooh my pie is cold' 'ooh the service was poor'. f*** OFF

And this.

Just shut up and watch the football. If you want quick food with no queue go to McDonalds. If you want quality food go to a restaurant. If you want 6 pints go to the pub. The people who get so frustrated by a queue or no pies must live their lives in a constant state of frustration. There are many more serious things in the world to be so wound up by. Why not spend some of your energy on them instead of boring us.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I used to sometimes eat at away games, if there hadn't been an opportunity on the way.

But I reckon of the 250 or so home games I've seen in my life, I've probably bought food at less than a dozen. Like some others, I find this 'must eat must eat must eat' obsession a bit baffling.

Take a packet of crisps.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is always the choice not to eat which is what I do unless I have not had time.

I had a steak and ale pie at the England game as I got back from work late, it was OK however I would never leave myself in a position to have to eat there.

My mate buys a burger from the van outside the station at Falmer which appears always popular so they must be doing something right there.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Hot dogs were revolting yesterday, normally they are nice but yesterday the rolls were squashed and soggy and fell apart in your hands

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well I had a piping hot balti pie with hardly any queuing. No complaints here.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well I had a piping hot balti pie with hardly any queuing. No complaints here.

I am in WSU, C block area, I have no complaints at all,... I have had a pie and pint at every game, all good other than once I got a chicken instead of steak, and once I had a reasonably tasty veggie when I arrived later than usual ( 14:45) .

So enough with the moaning.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I really cannot understand how people get so wound up about the food at The Amex. It's a football match, not a night out at a restaurant. I buy a pie and a drink at pretty much every match, but if they don't have any I don't give a shit. I don't plan my daily intake of food around a visit to a football stadium. Go for two hours without eating, eat before you go, it's not difficult. Stop boring everyone to death with shit stories about queues and stock levels.

Valid points......but 'football' has moved on. It is now sold as a 'Matchday experience'.......that means supplying a good venue (job done), good facilties (plenty of outlets for food and drink....job done) helpful staff (mostly job done)......and food and drink in the outlets ( job not yet done). Not the end of world re; lack of food and drink.....but does leave the 'Matchday experience' a little short of expectations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its full time and we all head for the west stand lower to meet up for a pint.

Not a single pint of Harvey's to be had in the whole WSL
:wozza:

I went from my seat in WSL to the bar and boughta pint of Harveys no problme and bought my last one at about 5.55 no problem. Like normal we then wnt to the North and had no problems but it did seem very quiet in comparison to normal perhaps the cold sent people home earlier.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=6815]Sergei Gotsmanov[/MENTION] If they say that they will deliver a service and don't people have the right to complain as unsatisfied customers.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
[MENTION=6815]Sergei Gotsmanov[/MENTION] If they say that they will deliver a service and don't people have the right to complain as unsatisfied customers.

Indeed they do. So why are they bleating about it on here? Speak to Azure or the club.

Maybe there should be a 'Complaints about the food/service' sticky where all these dissatisfied customers can share their complaints with their own kind leaving the rest of us free from the same stuff being said game after game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the coldest day at football this season they ran out of Bovril. That is ridiculous as it is comes in cups so obviously not enough were ordered or the demand outstripped the supply. very poor management and ordering.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Valid points......but 'football' has moved on. It is now sold as a 'Matchday experience'.......that means supplying a good venue (job done), good facilties (plenty of outlets for food and drink....job done) helpful staff (mostly job done)......and food and drink in the outlets ( job not yet done). Not the end of world re; lack of food and drink.....but does leave the 'Matchday experience' a little short of expectations.

Maybe if food is that crucial to peoples matchday experience they should get there a little earlier. I am partial to the odd pie myself. I get to the ground at 2pm and have never had a problem with queues or stock. I am a totally satisfied customer. It seems some people think they should be able to rock up 15mins before ko or at half-time, when the stadium is at its busiest, not experience any queues or stock issues. A little forethought makes a difference.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm here, left at half time to unload 6 pints of beer and get hopefully get some hot food on the coldest match day yet and there was NO food on the shelf apart from some left over veggie ones from kick off..

What a bunch of amateurs, when I asked why they said it was still cooking.

Someone needs sacking. I bought a veg pie and it looks like this....

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu323/gsmorton/IMAG0135.jpg

f***ing disgusting. And don't taste any better either

So you're appalled that the pies were being... cooked?

f***ing hell.

Have you paid any attention to what happens with this part of the catering or did you just fancy a playtime rant?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This.

And this.

Just shut up and watch the football. If you want quick food with no queue go to McDonalds. If you want quality food go to a restaurant. If you want 6 pints go to the pub. The people who get so frustrated by a queue or no pies must live their lives in a constant state of frustration. There are many more serious things in the world to be so wound up by. Why not spend some of your energy on them instead of boring us.
I think you've missed the point. For a lot of people it's not just about a football match - and it never has been. Having a drink and a bite to eat, before after or during the game, is what football fans have done since they first invented Bovril and none of your solutions are really practical. Like you I can live without a pie and a pint at a football match, but I really enjoy the food at the Amex and I too have been frustrated at certain times.

And NSC is for letting off a bit of steam. People comment about the match, the transport, the cheerleaders, the music so I don't see why the catering should be off limits. And I know it's often said but if you do personally find threads about catering complaints boring then ....... (I'm sure you know the next bit, personally I never open the 'what should the team be?' threads as I find them tedious in the extreme.)

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I think you've missed the point. For a lot of people it's not just about a football match - and it never has been. Having a drink and a bite to eat, before after or during the game, is what football fans have done since they first invented Bovril and none of your solutions are really practical. Like you I can live without a pie and a pint at a football match, but I really enjoy the food at the Amex and I too have been frustrated at certain times.

And NSC is for letting off a bit of steam. People comment about the match, the transport, the cheerleaders, the music so I don't see why the catering should be off limits. And I know it's often said but if you do personally find threads about catering complaints boring then ....... (I'm sure you know the next bit, personally I never open the 'what should the team be?' threads as I find them tedious in the extreme.)
well said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here