Azure need to booted out.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you're appalled that the pies were being... cooked?

f***ing hell.

Have you paid any attention to what happens with this part of the catering or did you just fancy a playtime rant?

I think that you are missing the point what is being suggested is that the pies should be cooked at such time as to allow a continued supply of them, which to me seems a valid point. Not sure what time this was but I would expect there to be ample supplies ready and available pre match. half time and when the game finishes, at other times they should be being cooked.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I had a nice chicken and mushroom pie at palace the other night and if i may make so bold it was better than recent Amex efforts. They should start serving soup too as the bovril is weak and disgusting. Other than that all good.

I've always tried to avoid these threads, complaining about anything to do with our great stadium just feels wrong.

Yesterday though seemed to be pretty woeful in terms of supply to the kiosks. I got to the stadium as always at just before 2 and even then there was no food available in WSU. Made do with a couple of pints that the very stressed young lady was trying to pour by leaning over the middle bit, she did have a rather cute bottom though which was nice.

Half time was only marginally better, did get a pie which was very nice indeed and I'm glad I like the Chicken ones as thats all there was available.

Not so much a complaint as an observation really, but the supply to the kiosks seems to be the main issue.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I think you've missed the point. For a lot of people it's not just about a football match - and it never has been. Having a drink and a bite to eat, before after or during the game, is what football fans have done since they first invented Bovril and none of your solutions are really practical. Like you I can live without a pie and a pint at a football match, but I really enjoy the food at the Amex and I too have been frustrated at certain times.

And NSC is for letting off a bit of steam. People comment about the match, the transport, the cheerleaders, the music so I don't see why the catering should be off limits. And I know it's often said but if you do personally find threads about catering complaints boring then ....... (I'm sure you know the next bit, personally I never open the 'what should the team be?' threads as I find them tedious in the extreme.)

See posts 95 & 97.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
So you're appalled that the pies were being... cooked?

f***ing hell.

Have you paid any attention to what happens with this part of the catering or did you just fancy a playtime rant?

So you see nothing wrong with the fact that the pies will be ready after the second half has started?

You must be a business genius.......... oh

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It seems I'm going against the consensus here, but I was very pleased with the catering in WSL today, both pre and post game. Pies and Harvey's were excellent, no supply problems and courteous and friendly staff. It seems not everyone was as fortunate as me though.

Observations about the catering yesterday ...

The slow service at the kiosks in the North Stand at half time. Unless you left your seat to join the queue before the half-time whistle blew, you'd miss the start of the second half, because the service was so slow. Why? They handled much longer half-time queues in the South Stand at Withdean without running out of time.

The difficulty of getting hold of basic bits and pieces, like milk and sugar for coffee/tea. Does no-one use the quiet time during the match to check that supplies are replenished?

And, post-match in Dick's Bar, on at least five occasions, I've found that there is no sugar laid out for coffee/tea drinkers. Yesterday (yet, again), I had to make a second trip to the bar specially to ask for sugar. I was handed four sachets, collected from out the back. Presumably the next customer wanting sugar would similarly have to queue for a second time to make the same request. Surely it must be obvious what the answer is? Every other food outlet in the universe provides readily accessible supplies of sugar to its coffee and tea drinking customers. Dick's could too.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Observations about the catering yesterday ...

The slow service at the kiosks in the North Stand at half time. Unless you left your seat to join the queue before the half-time whistle blew, you'd miss the start of the second half, because the service was so slow. Why? They handled much longer half-time queues in the South Stand at Withdean without running out of time.

The difficulty of getting hold of basic bits and pieces, like milk and sugar for coffee/tea. Does no-one use the quiet time during the match to check that supplies are replenished?

And, post-match in Dick's Bar, on at least five occasions, I've found that there is no sugar laid out for coffee/tea drinkers. Yesterday (yet, again), I had to make a second trip to the bar specially to ask for sugar. I was handed four sachets, collected from out the back. Presumably the next customer wanting sugar would similarly have to queue for a second time to make the same request. Surely it must be obvious what the answer is? Every other food outlet in the universe provides readily accessible supplies of sugar to its coffee and tea drinking customers. Dick's could too.

It's a great shame that the women who used to run the Roach Coaches at Withers couldn't be re-signed & placed round the new Joint's kiosks to run 'em. I bet they'd soon sort out the pretty shambolic state of affairs. :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Chilli con crane pie will be good

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think that you are missing the point what is being suggested is that the pies should be cooked at such time as to allow a continued supply of them, which to me seems a valid point. Not sure what time this was but I would expect there to be ample supplies ready and available pre match. half time and when the game finishes, at other times they should be being cooked.

Each of the ovens cooks 120 pies for 28 minutes a session. That is the way the kiosks operate. It's obvious that that is not enough because the original tender for pies at the Amex was for 2,500 pies per match - and at that time that was considered over-generous. No-one foresaw that 8,500 pies needed to be sold - apart from a few smartarses on here who use the benefit of hindsight merely to hold everyone at the club in contempt.

During the close season the kiosks will be upgraded with new hardware to cater for this demand.

It really is like complaining about the traffic when you're sitting in your car. It's a 'victim' of its own success. Incidentally, there are still some people who are convinced the pies are microwaved.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Each of the ovens cooks 120 pies for 28 minutes a session. That is the way the kiosks operate. It's obvious that that is not enough because the original tender for pies at the Amex was for 2,500 pies per match - and at that time that was considered over-generous. No-one foresaw that 8,500 pies needed to be sold

That wasn't very bright of them then :dunce:

Is anyone listening to The Food Programme on Radio 4?

An item about the new Chairman of Forest Green Rovers (who is a vegan) banning all meat products from the ground. Even the players have this imposed on them.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
I had a nice chicken and mushroom pie at palace the other night and if i may make so bold it was better than recent Amex efforts. They should start serving soup too as the bovril is weak and disgusting. Other than that all good.

The HOT DOGS were better at Palarse as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports