Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aston villa v brighton

andycapp

Jan 4, 2010
twinkle toes you was goin villa park around the time i started goin, the old 3rd div days, i knew then that going there held a special place in my heart and it has done ever since, my dad cant stand villa but i think that was down to my grandad on my moms side,,lolololol

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
will i be able to get in wearing crushed velvet trousers ? the last time i was in brum i couldnt get into any clubs for love na muni ,until i stumbled across the nightingale :love:

andycapp

Jan 4, 2010
yea lolololololol try flares in broad street, right up your street wearin valvet flares, hence the name of the club

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
I'm retiring, need some sleep. Andy, what can I say, Yet another good evening with you and fellow Albion fans.

Ok, I've had a thread closed and was fearing a lifetime ban (freedom of speech and it as meant as a laugh) but hopefully the moderators realise I'm more football talk than politics even thou I love Politics which I hold back from posting on here.

Take care all, and I'll catch you later :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
twinkle toes you was goin villa park around the time i started goin, the old 3rd div days, i knew then that going there held a special place in my heart and it has done ever since, my dad cant stand villa but i think that was down to my grandad on my moms side,,lolololol

It's funny how things work out ain't it? My Family have always been Villa (my grandfather was trainer there, back in the day; & my dad played for their 3rd string until he broke his leg) - but my Auntie has always hated them with a passion. She used to support The Scum in the 70's & then started following The Fake Albion (where she still has a ST I think). Funnily enough, I never did like her - but I reckon her pathetic choices of Midlands clubs is punishment enough! :lolol:

andycapp

Jan 4, 2010
bloody hell small world aye, my dads uncle was joe mayo, played for west brom in the 50s

come from erdington myself, though i have been in london for 20 odd years now,
I used to work at the Co-op Chemists in Erdington High Street.

Was a Blues supporter, I'm afraid. And the Assistant Manager was the daughter of the Blues' Coach at the time.

When I say 'I'm afraid', I don't, of course, mean 'afraid'. We didn't do fear at St Andrews.

:)

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
bloody hell small world aye, my dads uncle was joe mayo, played for west brom in the 50s

Yeah, I certainly remember hearing his name mentioned. Wasn't there another Mayo who played for West Brom in the late 60's/70's, or is my old noodle just playing tricks on me?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh. My. Good. Gawd. Lord B 'coming out' as an ex-Noser too! :eek:

I'm surrounded by bleedin' LULU'S!! :facepalm:

andycapp

Jan 4, 2010
they are comimg out of the shadows, unlike the birmingham city who will always live under a claret n blue cloud, as they have alway done

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thank you for your postings, Andy Capp. Purchasing tickets off the Villa website, in the areas of the ground you recommended, was so simple! Sod the Albion club shop!

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
that was a joe mayor i think

Ah, right you is! Still, what's a stray R amongst friends? :wink:

Gonna go off to my pit now bab, but look forward to more boss chattage on here with ya soon. Tarra a bit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here