Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Was it a dive?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I watched the whole incident and in looked to me as though he dived, I saw no contact made with his face and then shortly after he went down clutching it, now I was in H Block so obviously was a fair way away, what did some of you sitting a bit nearer think? If it was a dive then I think it's disgusting and hope he gets at the very least a telling off from Gus about it, thats not what I want to see our players doing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Edwards threw an upper cut but i couldn't see if it connected

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Looked like something more than a dive. Player fell onto him knocking him over to start with (accidental). Actually think that as both struggled to get up, Edwards's elbow/leg caught Barnes face. Didn't seem malicious, but there was a fair bit of flailing around on the ground from both of them..

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I watched the whole incident and in looked to me as though he dived, I saw no contact made with his face and then shortly after he went down clutching it, now I was in H Block so obviously was a fair way away, what did some of you sitting a bit nearer think? If it was a dive then I think it's disgusting and hope he gets at the very least a telling off from Gus about it, thats not what I want to see our players doing.

There was a reason why the entire Block U family stand went mental. Can you guess why that was?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you mean the incident in the east goal mouth, from what i saw he went down in a heap with the defender who seemed to then kick out at him...

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I didn't think any real contact was made..i thought barnes did more wrong than the other bloke anyway as he was the one that kicked off a bit.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You don't like him, do you?

Not the only one here who 'hates' him then, clearly mixed opinions, as for the question of why U Block went mental, well everyone went mental but most people seemed to be angry the ref didn't stop the game, which if as I suspect it was a dive he was very much right to do, had it been me I'd booked him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The guy definitely tried to clip his heels as he ran into the box. Then, from my angle it looked like a rugby tackle. Not the best angle to assess the challenge but it was easy to see Barnes being punched as they tangled on the ground.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't care. We're eight points clear, Barnes on course for 25 goals.

All the rest is irrelevant.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not the only one here who 'hates' him then, clearly mixed opinions, as for the question of why U Block went mental, well everyone went mental but most people seemed to be angry the ref didn't stop the game, which if as I suspect it was a dive he was very much right to do, had it been me I'd booked him.

We went mental because we had a very clear view of both players going down and then their player attacking Barnes' head. I can say with some certainty that our view was *says in a brummie accent* considerably better than yow.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Don't care. We're eight points clear, Barnes on course for 25 goals.

All the rest is irrelevant.

:fishing: ???

Can Gus go out and shoot dead 3 people then because we are 8 points clear?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
They tangled on the ground and their bloke definately lashed out, looked like a kick to me (A block, pretty much in line)

Jimmy Grimble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here