Ashley Barnes - Was it a dive?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't know how you can hold a vendetta against one of our own personally, He's not Fred West or the Yorkshire ripper. I don't know if he's done something personally offensive like shagged your sister & not called her back. I just find it very strange, Do you celebrate when he scores or stand their shaking your fist muttering 'damn that Barnes' under your breath?

I think that hust to be the case.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Remember to reboot this thread the next time you all moan about the bad refereeing....four pages of differring opinions, all think they're right, at the end of the day, none of the officials saw what happened on this occasion , so why bother? Just shows how hard it is to make a snap decision , which is what they have to do.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think that there's really a tidal wave of opinion that said the ref 'got it wrong' as such. He didn't see it - and that's just the way it is.

The thread starter, on the other hand, is getting just a fraction of what he deserves.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I thought I'd add my view of things: I was 3 rows from the front of W block (family). It was as 2 posters on here have described: both went down, then their defender grabbed Barnes by the hair, pulled his head up and a punch went in. He probably made a bit of a meal of it cos the bloke didn't get that much backswing! (Even so, his reaction was not a patch on that t*sser Ronaldo last night, who went down clutching his face when he was hit in the chest!!) But had the ref seen the incident on Tuesday night, the defender would definitely have gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports