Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Still can't believe Barnes is gone. I seriously, thought he'd be around for years, a great, solid team player, who seemed to be settled in the club, and one of those players I thought would be 'happy with his lot' and unlikely to get an 'upper' move.

Has he officially gone now then, though he was sleeping on it

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has he officially gone now then, though he was sleeping on it

All news seems to indicate it is a done deal, player passed medical and agreed or very close to agreeing terms.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Still can't believe Barnes is gone. I seriously, thought he'd be around for years, a great, solid team player, who seemed to be settled in the club, and one of those players I thought would be 'happy with his lot' and unlikely to get an 'upper' move.
Could you be any more patronising?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Could you be any more patronising?

Not at all, I really rate Barnes, but you know what I mean, he felt like a player that suited us, and we suited him. He was developing at the same rate as us

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The name I've heard, and please understand that this comes complete with a pinch of salt, is this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Stuani

He's at Espanyol at present, who are financially up shit creek with no paddle and a hole in the canoe. Guillem Balague was talking on Revista de la Liga last week about how anyone with a few quid could basically knock on the door and have their pick. We shall see...

He's Uraguyan, does he also have a Spanish passport?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He's Uraguyan, does he also have a Spanish passport?

Italian, according to the link posted by HKFC

The only advantage that we hold over Southampton is that he'd be a regular here, he'd be on the bench for the Stains. And, presumably, he'd want to be in the public eye for the WC squad

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
3. He'd get a signing on fee - he didn't ask for a transfer so isn't 5% the going rate? About 40 grand in his sky

4 Better chance of Premier League football

I'd imagine that he'd get quite a bit more money too - you wouldn't move 300 miles for a few hundred quid a week

Think your 3 was covered by my 1.
Not convinced by your 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here