Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I imagine he has been told by his agent to wait 24hrs and see if Leeds bid or if we up our offer. He may have agreed terms in principle and passed the medical, but until he actually signs on the dotted lie, another club can swoop in and gazump Burnley by offering an extra grand a week.

The Stuani guy mentioned earlier is being trailed by everyone in Europe according to all the gossip, Hans' link said €3.5m to Lazio as a replacement for (or possibly to play alongside, Google translate isn't exactly foolproof) Miroslav Klose. He of European Championship golden boot fame. If its true we're interested, then its lovely to see we're looking at the same sort of players the top clubs are. Van Dijk is another example that we don't lack ambition in the scouting market, even if inevitably we're going to get outmuscled by the bigger boys in the playground from time to time.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
its all done and dusted. Just that it's announced tomorrow.

Again, gutted by this but wish him all the best. Won't surprise me when he turns out to be a proper goalscorer elsewhere.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
its all done and dusted. Just that it's announced tomorrow.

Again, gutted by this but wish him all the best. Won't surprise me when he turns out to be a proper goalscorer elsewhere.

It's all about his runs for me. He has the workrate, but he needs to do more to make space. When you watch ulloa, the difference is he darts to the near post, drops off the centre half etc. Ashley is just static far too often. I'm surprised that was never coached out of him.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm hoping this news is true. In my opinion Barnes is the most over rated Albion player in the last 30 years. I do not enjoy his performances. Too much arguing with the ref , diving and lacks the quality in front of goal....once again in my opinion.

We need another striker now, but in my opinion we have needed another striker all season.

If true, I wish him all the best at Burnley.
Yes he was a diver and arguing with the ref....in his first year,but he has matured and learnt from past mistakes,he is now a workaholic and an important member of the team....will be sad to see him go..

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Can't believe we will get seven fifty for him. Outrageous - I'd settle on a tenner.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Medical and Meeting with Burnley

He also says Ronaldinho has signed for Leeds

Edit: wrong thread, stupid phone!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here