Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
And you're a know-nothing prick who wouldn't recognise a talent if it came up to you; slapped you round the face; & kicked you repeatedly up your sad arse.

Go to bed & pray to God, any God, that you wake up in the morning with something that doesn't resemble the shite you have for brains. Tosser. :wave:

Come on, that's a horrible thing to say. We have taken Ashley Barnes as far as he can go. Do you think that he could improve further at the Albion? He's scored 6 goals leading the line this season. That is in a team that presents chance after chance on his lap. He just isn't good enough,

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
And you're a know-nothing prick who wouldn't recognise a talent if it came up to you; slapped you round the face; & kicked you repeatedly up your sad arse.

Go to bed & pray to God, any God, that you wake up in the morning with something that doesn't resemble the shite you have for brains. Tosser. :wave:

I would insult just for using the term 'wastegash' this isnt white suburban london in 2005 who thinks JME is the paradigm of 'street'.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Come on, that's a horrible thing to say. We have taken Ashley Barnes as far as he can go. Do you think that he could improve further at the Albion? He's scored 6 goals leading the line this season. That is in a team that presents chance after chance on his lap. He just isn't good enough,

Sweet dreams, ********.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I would insult just for using the term 'wastegash' this isnt white suburban london in 2005 who thinks JME is the paradigm of 'street'.

I'm from white suburban London 2013. If you've got a better word, spit it out?

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne

Go and listen to some side salad like Elro on SBTV i am sure you'll pick up some terms 5 years out of date which the snapback kids lap up.

But anyway back to the point. It is a difficult one with Barnes, no he wont ever bang in 20+ for us in the Championship but for now i would rather keep him here as we are still pushing for promotion than loss him and then having to take a punt on a lower league/unknown foreigner and fall way behind. Yeah he may not score tonnes but in terms of what he does for the team, at the moment without a suitable replacement i think it would be very risky selling him. Especially to one of our direct rivals this season.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Go and listen to some side salad like Elro on SBTV i am sure you'll pick up some terms 5 years out of date which the snapback kids lap up.

But anyway back to the point. It is a difficult one with Barnes, no he wont ever bang in 20+ for us in the Championship but for now i would rather keep him here as we are still pushing for promotion than loss him and then having to take a punt on a lower league/unknown foreigner and fall way behind. Yeah he may not score tonnes but in terms of what he does for the team, at the moment without a suitable replacement i think it would be very risky selling him. Especially to one of our direct rivals this season.

Cool. Whatever you say?

I know he's not going to score 20 goals a season and that is my point. We could keep any old lump here if we accept that he isn't going to score any goals and just look at what he does for the team. I fully trust in the management to go on and bring someone in that is better than Barnes. Why else would they let Barnes go?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

So am I and I have not got a clue what the bloody hell you are on about.

Barnes: I can see it ending in tears and him somehow directly affecting BHA's promotion charge.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Hoping for some good news tomorrow
Ince to sign a 3 year extension.
Money from the sale of bridcutt and Barnes to be reinvested in a striker
who is a step up from Barnes who can score and create from wide
and cover For the man from Argentina.
But with no deals for replacements in place and likely to lose 2 players
anxious times.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Da fudge are you talking about? Do you think that Barnes could have gone further than we have taken him? We all know he's know that he is not about the man to do an Ings. He just doesn't have that in him. I've watched him over 3 seasons. I know he can't do it. Sorry Ashley. You're wastegash.

Ulloa is our Ings...

AB's role isn't to be that prolific scorer. His is the highly valuable support role. One which he does damn well at and scores far more goals than most teams in the leagues second option. If he'd scored 12-15 come end of season he'd have well and truly succeeded in his role.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'll take someone Spurs have had on their books for 3 years+ and whom NJ rates plus $75k if that's the price over Barndoor Barnes any day of the week myself

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Best news for a long time. Over a million for a 'striker' with a scoring percentage of about 10% of chances presented with? Yes please, bite their hands off

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'll take someone Spurs have had on their books for 3 years+ and whom NJ rates plus $75k if that's the price over Barndoor Barnes any day of the week myself

That's the sort of dick like attitude that has contributed to his leaving. He's not a barndoor and never has been. Pathetic. Ill-informed and spiteful.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
That's the sort of dick like attitude that has contributed to his leaving. He's not a barndoor and never has been. Pathetic. Ill-informed and spiteful.

Easy tiger, who took the jam out of your doughnut this morning then? Nothing spiteful there at all, just MHO on a forward who seems to miss a significantly larger percentage of the chances that are put on a plate for him than he converts, and who's got a discipline issue. I think you need to calm down and have a nice cup of tea son.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think Barnes has been brilliant for us. A fantastic servant. Getting a fee for him with 6 months left is a great bit of business, but I will be sad to see him go. He scored some goals when they mattered, he worked tirelessly alone up front on several occasions and I always saw him as a team player. Ok, he showed his red mist every now and then, but I will forgive him that. If he is going, then I say thanks and wish him the very best (except against us).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

Sure, he HAS scored 20 goals. That was in the level below. Do you honestly believe that he has it in him to do that in the Championship? He is chronically profligate in a team that creates him chance after chance after chance. Every game he blasts one sitter somewhere other than the goal. I think people are already rewriting history about the quality of our third choice striker.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Sure, he HAS scored 20 goals. That was in the level below. Do you honestly believe that he has it in him to do that in the Championship? He is chronically profligate in a team that creates him chance after chance after chance. Every game he blasts one sitter somewhere other than the goal. I think people are already rewriting history about the quality of our third choice striker.

Those sort of words always come back to bite you in the ass, who says that the change of teams and players won't make him more prolific.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sure, he HAS scored 20 goals. That was in the level below. Do you honestly believe that he has it in him to do that in the Championship?

As a lone striker no, As part of a front 2 then who knows what he's capable of.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ashley Barnes was in a front 2 with Glenn Murray and they both scored a hatful (and Barnsey missed a fair few). But we just don't play with 2 up top at the moment. Very good footballer and disappointed he appears to be off, but not in Glenda's class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here