Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nah we signed him up to something mental like, it's more than 3 certainly.

He initially signed on a 2 year deal in 2010 , if you remember back a couple of years we all thought his contract was up until it was revealed several players signed contract extensions which weren't made public at the time (pretty certain Ankergren was one of those who got another 2 years extension)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yup, just contrast Will Hoskins, who is facing unemployment in the summer at the age of 27, who was signed on a 2 year contract, (which the Albion have extended but on reduced terms) and CMS, who is half way through a lucrative 5 year contract. Both have hardly kicked a ball in anger for a year, but one does has a nervous summer ahead.

Is 5 years a certainty/u hav on gd authority? i always thought it was 3years

He signed a 4-year deal (which hasn't been extended since).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He initially signed on a 2 year deal in 2010 , if you remember back a couple of years we all thought his contract was up until it was revealed several players signed contract extensions which weren't made public at the time (pretty certain Ankergren was one of those who got another 2 years extension)

Nonsense - he signed a 4-year deal in July 2011, when he first signed for the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Argus 8/7/2010

Striker Ashley Barnes is on his way back to Albion.

The Plymouth goalgetter, who scored four times on loan to the Seagulls at the end of last season, signed a two-year deal after passing a medical today.

Barnes said: "I loved every minute of my loan spell last season and was desperate to come back."

The 20-year-old, who has also starred on loan to Eastbourne Borough, had a year of his Plymouth contract still to run.

He is heading east for an undisclosed fee.

In The Argus today they revealed the fee we paid Plymouth was £125k.

Feb 14, 2010
I love the cliche "didnt feel wanted". I think this might be a footballers "in joke" for "someone else will pay me more". If so, then, oh these footballers, they are cards. If not then I'm not sure what he mean? He is not a child, just at work! Either way, and it seems harsh but both Barnes and CMS missed a hatful of clear cut chances over the last two seasons and that is why we are Championship, not Premiership. Poyet's big transfer mistake with us was selling the skilful, good finisher that is Murray and instead buying CMS who basically can't finish but who runs around allot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nonsense - he signed a 4-year deal in July 2011, when he first signed for the club.

Are you getting Barnes and CMS mixed up ? CMS signed a 4 year deal in July 2011.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Argus 8/7/2010

Striker Ashley Barnes is on his way back to Albion.

The Plymouth goalgetter, who scored four times on loan to the Seagulls at the end of last season, signed a two-year deal after passing a medical today.

Barnes said: "I loved every minute of my loan spell last season and was desperate to come back."

The 20-year-old, who has also starred on loan to Eastbourne Borough, had a year of his Plymouth contract still to run.

He is heading east for an undisclosed fee.

In The Argus today they revealed the fee we paid Plymouth was £125k.

The post you quoted was in relation to CMS.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The post YOU quoted was in relation to CMS.

Apologies , I lost track on a reply to a reply to a reply and basically screwed up. Good job it didn't develop into a binfest. :lol:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Apologies , I lost track on a reply to a reply to a reply and basically screwed up. Good job it didn't develop into a binfest. :lol:

We can go down the binfest route if you want, you fish-faced northern monkey*

*Insult for illustrative purposes only. Actual slurs may differ once the binfest has commenced.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Just to clear a few things up.

2. Ashley Barnes isn't on any more than £5k week at Burnley FC.

Then he hasn't brokered that contract very well.
Carlton Cole has just signed a 40k per week contract (wtf).
Is Carlton Cole really worth THAT much more than Barnes?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Scores again in the Premiership....

Bad business again, he could have added to our promotion push last year....

sometimes we don't know what we have got until it's gone.....

Still we......

are shite.....

Im fed up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
M
Scores again in the Premiership....

Bad business again, he could have added to our promotion push last year....

sometimes we don't know what we have got until it's gone.....

Still we......

are shite.....

Im fed up

Just rubs in how shit we are at doing business these days, 700k for a Premier League striker and we pay 2 million for a League One striker who is possibly a fifth as effective as Barnes. Seriously pissed off with the hierarchy at the Albion at the moment.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Seriously pissed off with the hierarchy at the Albion at the moment.

Me too, feel so apathetic towards the lack of ambition and it was clear the moment he left that we had no intention of strengthening the squad, the signs were there and maybe Poyet had a point I am afraid to say. I have well and truly lost my mojo.....

You know I was laughing when Millwall scored, I am that fed up I don't care anymore.

Don't get me wrong I love the Albion and always will, but I just don't care

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Barnes had less than 6 months contract with us, and was never going to sign what we put in front of him. He was financially worthless. That said we should have tried harder to keep him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
M

Just rubs in how shit we are at doing business these days, 700k for a Premier League striker and we pay 2 million for a League One striker who is possibly a fifth as effective as Barnes. Seriously pissed off with the hierarchy at the Albion at the moment.
Now come on, it's not quite that simple is it.

£700k for a player with 6 months left on his contract who clearly had a decent deal on the table from Burnley.

Is Baldock ineffective or is it that team/manager around him?
We can't keep signing forwards then assume they are all (bar one) 'shitehouse'.

Christ, we can even make a multi million pound transfer, England player look league one, at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here